Do you know of anyone now days being baptized by fire of the Holy Spirit?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012

lol.
Then tell us what Jesus does when he immerses people in hell?
Well I am pretty sure he weeps, can you imagine the pain and sorrow he feels to know how much he wanted to save and love his children but they refused to accept his loving hand?

And then explain what other fire scripture says shall never be quenched.
There are many scriptures that talk about the unquenchable fire, but it never once says anything about baptism and the fiery pits of hell

FInally, Figure out what the verb "babtizo" means.. hint. it is not a religious term!

Sep 11, 2013
yes baptism by fire is being born again. However, this does not occur now. This being born again will occur after our physical first death from this earth and resurrection. Resurrection to judgment by the Lord is the judgment that makes us reborn.

Born of God verses
John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
That means not born of our human natural parents. You are not reborn as long as it’s the flesh that gave birth to you. John 3:6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. We are flesh and will remain born of Flesh until we pass away/physically die from this earth and are born of God in resurrection. Lets look at these verses below:

1john 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin,because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

1 John 3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him orknown him.

1John 5:18
We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, andthe evil one cannot harm him.

Now many have said I'm a sinner but born again and the two do not mix. You are one or the other but you cannot be both a sinner and reborn at the same time.

Are men falsely claiming to be without sin? the bible says if you say you are without sin you are deceived and the truth is not in you. A sinner claiming to be reborn isa lie. There is no such thing as a reborn sinner. A reborn man is not a sinner.

John 1:13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or ahusband's will, but born of God.

Was it your natural parents [your carnal mother and father] that put you here.yes it was. you were born of human decision. Therefore you are not reborn yet.

Last edited:
G

GreenNnice

Baptism of fire is receiving the Holy Spirit, which every believer has.
Baptism of water is the symbol of it, showing that we buried the old man and resurrected with the new.

Baptism of fire = being born again
Baptism of water = physical sign of that baptism of fire
Just to add, BC , first we believe, then, through knowledge of understanding, as, hopefully, the person who leads us to Christ also leads us to understand the power of the Holy Spirit CAN be in our 'temple,' or, body. And, yes, baptism by water is important, the Lord leads, we need to follow Him, water baptism is an affirmation of our faith and a way to a clear conscience of understanding His plans for our life, as Scripture, I believe says. I will try to find or someone else can beat me to it :)

Josh321

Sep 3, 2013
For the record I was Baptized by the spirit of fire when I was saved. I begged God to come into my heart one night because I saw my life as worthless and had no reason to live. I was literally Bawling and begging him, I went to bed that night in tears saying to myself he won't answer me I wouldn't even answer me. I woke up that very morning full of the holy spirit, I felt the fire burning inside me full blast and danced around the room.
i experienced the holy spirit in church earlier this year, i didn't know nothing about all of this didn't go to church or read a bible in over 2 years until this event happen to me, but long story short i had faith to believe at first i didn't know what to believe in but the soul knows what the body needs so it intercedes sometimes, and then it hit me the presence hit me off of my feet and i feel on the ground it was such a peaceful feeling felt like i was laying in a bed then i felt something come into me, and i started weeping like never before, now i'm not someone who would just cry like that i didn't even cry at my father's funeral cuz i was angry but i was weeping like a child at tat moment and i was saying thank you jesus continuously and couldn't stop didn't know why, then when i went home i felt this hunger.. like never before to learn about Jesus it was a hunger like someone who hadn't eat in over 2 years or something and just saw a meal, and everysince then i notice that my entire life had just miraculously change like that no words can describe what has taken place

Josh321

Sep 3, 2013
i notice so many denominations got their own theory about baptism, but their is only one way to know.. we must be saved by faith the bible said so, now faith must bring forth works, so anyone who is actually born again must have a living testimony of how God came into their life and change their lives and reveal the truth to you, it's not just acknowledging that God died for you nonono.. it's much more than that christianity is something supernatural that we all must experience, and it's one truth one faith in christ so with all of the over 20 denominations i think? something must've went wrong there to that to happen and all of these people saw " i'm born again" and come up with something different

Josh321

Sep 3, 2013
that's just the power of christ right there... to take a drug addict and someone lost and make him whole and destroys the old person

Mar 10, 2013
well since so many here are sharing opinions, I figured I might offer mine.

I read three baptisms.
Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire

Water
Spirit
Fire

IN fact, this is what I teach. Three baptisms. Water baptism(turning away from evil and toward God, preceded by confession of sin) baptism of the Spirit(which is being born again) and baptism by fire (which is the refinement of our faith through trials)

Daniel 12:10 Many will be purified, made spotless and refined,

Psalm 66:10 For you, God, tested us; you refined us like silver.

Zechariah 13:9 This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are my people,’ and they will say, ‘The Lord is our God.’”

This verse is talking specifically about trials and hardships (read the chapter if u don't know it)
1 Peter 1:7 These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.

Revelation 3:18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire,

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Never said we did .

Just want people to stop misinterpreting what baptism is. and making a mockery of the baptism of the spirit. Which cleanses us from all sin.
Yes, I know, I just wanted to specify that point because of other comments I have read on other threads here......

Now, your comment above causes me to ask: You do believe that it is the precious blood of Jesus Christ that cleanses us from all sin do you not?

Just wanting clarification, not arguing or accusing........

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Let me really stir the pot here.......or fan the fire? :) (betcha someone will not read the disclaimer)

Reconciliation of the three baptisms

The Holy Trinity God created the triune man, so why is it not reasonable that to reconcile the sinful man (the fallen creation) with a TRIUNE BAPTISM?
1) In the Name of the Father; for man was separated from God, no personal relationship was possible.
2) and OF the Son; being baptized by the blood of Jesus to cleanse us of our sins.
3) and OF the Holy Spirit; to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit through His "indwelling presence" in our hearts.

Three baptisms in one, in perfect harmony.

And this is how I reconcile what appears to be a contradiction of Scripture concerning baptism, and why I believe there is really no need for debate over which is MOST IMPORTANT. For they serve as ONE to fulfill God's will.

When the Apostle speaks of "one baptism" in Ephesians, this is what in my opinion he is speaking of. So, try reading Matthew 28:19) this way:

In the Name of God the Father who is the Creator of all, and OF the Son, who became the image of man, and through the shedding of His blood provided the Perfect Sacrifice for the redemption of the sins of all mankind, and OF the Holy Spirit who enters into our hearts to fulfill God's deepest desire for a personal relationship with His children through His "indwelling presence" in our hearts.

I know that if this were widely published, there would be no end to the outcry of disagreement, for there are many who do not believe in the Triune God, the Holy Trinity, nor the triune man; body, soul, spirit, and thus would not even consider the possibility of a triune baptism. But, as I stated these are just my thoughts being put forth for consideration, not as Biblical Doctrine, orTheological Ideology.

(wait, let me get behind some cover......ok, go ahead.........)

M

mwFerguson_MTh

Q: Do you know of anyone now days being baptized by fire of the Holy Spirit?
A: No, nor have I (in nearly four decades in various Christian ministries) ever witnessed such an event.

I have known some Christians who claimed to be "fire-baptized," but I didn't observe any demonstration of such in their Christian walk and talk.

E

eternally-gratefull

Yes, I know, I just wanted to specify that point because of other comments I have read on other threads here......

Now, your comment above causes me to ask: You do believe that it is the precious blood of Jesus Christ that cleanses us from all sin do you not?

Just wanting clarification, not arguing or accusing........

Yes I do.

And how is the precious blood given to our account?

Rom 6. Do you not know you were baptized (by the spirit) into his death etc etc.

Many people want this to be water baptism, but it is not. It is the HS placing us into vital union with the death and burail of our savior. that just as the passage says, we will be raised, as he was raised.

Sep 11, 2013
(wait, let me get behind some cover......ok, go ahead.........)[/QUOTE]

That comment made me laugh. I like people with a bit of humor. Sometime we need a strong helmet on when discussing biblical issues. :)