Do You Really Want A " Godly" Woman?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 3, 2013
Godly woman also want godly men and, if you have read Samson´s account, many this world like to pick what they like from their salad.

It is my opinion that all have longed for a from of perfection faked in movies or novels what I have sought but, according to that promise your sister and her husband made... It was a good promise: They have their own and personal reasons and, I also have found fatness disgusting so, in I want "a thing" one way, i should be the same way.

"Godly" women tend to be religious and, according to the Samson´s ways I see in me, I will not pick TWICE a religiuos one again (just an example) because I´m not that way (and I tried to be not that way).

When Rebecca and Isaac met, what they saw, wasn´t their holiness or sanctity, but their shape. When Moses married and when Abraham married, they did not stare at their women´s godliness, but at their bodies and way. When Jacob stared at Rachel, he never thought he would receive someone like Leah, but that "love" story is as old as human life, because it is "easy" to love what a person like than the unliked.

Nov 21, 2014
Ask God who are you to marry. People do that and guess what. There still together. It works ask Him. He knows who for ya.

May 15, 2013
I mentioned this in another thread,but it sort of made me wonder.I hear Christian men bemoan the fact that they cant find a Godly woman.My opinion is that the values they are looking for are actually worldly ones and that is why that cant find what they are seeking.
For instance my younger sister told me that she and her husband made a promise to each other to "never get fat" I wasnt married at the time and I thought how shallow that was.But I know many Christian men that want a woman to be a certain size.One Christian man told me he would not marry a woman who would not perform a certain sexual act for him.And Im thinking "what has that to do with her character? If she would be a good mother and faithful wife?"So many think they want a Godly wife but in the same breath turn around and compare women to Hollywood types in looks and the way they act.They want a woman that looks Hollywood but acts like Mother Mary.Not all men but more often then not it is true of Christian men.Especially the younger generation.So any thoughts? Agree or disagree?
They shouldn't never made a vow, it is because they doesn't know what tomorrow is going to bring them.

A

AbbeyJoy

There is a 30 old single guy at my church who is the same way.... He was asking the pastor if there is any Christian singles here He said yeah and mention one lady that works at the sound both here and she's on the bored. He got exited and the pastor introduced him to her. He didn't look happy when he meet her due to she didn't look skinny.. but yet she was pretty in her own way.. she did like him and he was kind to her but he then seem to avoid her alot On Sunday mornings. One Sunday a elderly couple brought their granddaughter who was about in her 20s and the guy was talking to her and asking about her.. my friend the lady whom the pastor introduce was kinda feeling odd and realize that he was looking for a figure rather then a big women like herself..some others were noticing he was wanting more then just a relationship and was asking any new women that came. Happends some other times...tried to make this short but he was new in church gave his heart to Jesus but yet has a problem with Women. Non of the women that are skinny army interested but yet some heavy set women were... guessing God is trying to teach him about the inside of the women's heart not the outer appearance..guessing he is still blind to it...

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
In my honest opinion if a man cannot see past the physical appearance of a woman and is more concerned about their looks then they are not ready to be with a woman.

A

Attos

Related to the physical appearance matter ...

The body is a gift from God. And there the question is how one takes care of God's gift.

S

sveinen

"only a remaint shall be saved." Christ Put Perfectly doors Life and death. when people, schmeople or schmoiple don't bother choose life, "there's harvest decay?"
a sound mind might aim for fit partner, but the throat still is "the open grave?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 28, 2014
I mentioned this in another thread,but it sort of made me wonder.I hear Christian men bemoan the fact that they cant find a Godly woman.My opinion is that the values they are looking for are actually worldly ones and that is why that cant find what they are seeking.
For instance my younger sister told me that she and her husband made a promise to each other to "never get fat" I wasnt married at the time and I thought how shallow that was.But I know many Christian men that want a woman to be a certain size.One Christian man told me he would not marry a woman who would not perform a certain sexual act for him.And Im thinking "what has that to do with her character? If she would be a good mother and faithful wife?"So many think they want a Godly wife but in the same breath turn around and compare women to Hollywood types in looks and the way they act.They want a woman that looks Hollywood but acts like Mother Mary.Not all men but more often then not it is true of Christian men.Especially the younger generation.So any thoughts? Agree or disagree?

She is to be a maiden (virgin) by the time of the wedding, and know only a singe man during all her life. Few true christians till now has such a custom of marriage.

As fact, truly honest woman does it. And it is now quite rare case, espessially in the USA.

May 3, 2013
She is to be a maiden (virgin) by the time of the wedding, and know only a singe man during all her life. Few true christians till now has such a custom of marriage.

As fact, truly honest woman does it. And it is now quite rare case, espessially in the USA.
I would not say that! but I agree we, people living in the Americas (pole to pole) do not considered it that way, because we grew wishing the benefits, thinking that "experience" was needed and, almost 55 years ago, my mother married like a virgin, knowing nothing about it, and she was raped by her own husband, because she received no instruction on marriage, and had no idea on what was it like... (she told me this just this week)

J

JesusIsAll

But is this a trick question? Would you also get to keep your remote control, Journey concert T-shirt and collection of miscellaneous hardware, whose usefulness isn't readily apparent?

May 3, 2013
There is a 30 old single guy at my church who is the same way.... He was asking the pastor if there is any Christian singles here He said yeah and mention one lady that works at the sound both here and she's on the bored. He got exited and the pastor introduced him to her. He didn't look happy when he meet her due to she didn't look skinny.. but yet she was pretty in her own way.. she did like him and he was kind to her but he then seem to avoid her alot On Sunday mornings. One Sunday a elderly couple brought their granddaughter who was about in her 20s and the guy was talking to her and asking about her.. my friend the lady whom the pastor introduce was kinda feeling odd and realize that he was looking for a figure rather then a big women like herself..some others were noticing he was wanting more then just a relationship and was asking any new women that came. Happens some other times...tried to make this short but he was new in church gave his heart to Jesus but yet has a problem with Women. Non of the women that are skinny army interested but yet some heavy set women were... guessing God is trying to teach him about the inside of the women's heart not the outer appearance..guessing he is still blind to it...
That´s sad! And I wish I could tell, exactly, another true story I know (I will not say names). I know a person who has almost a year living with him and, a couple of months ago, he cheated on her when she went away to take care of her sister, because this is a fat nurse my mother´s building...

I asked that man: "what would you feel if she does the same to you? Sleeping with another´s partner?"

The saddest thing it is I know she loves him ALOT, but she cannot lose more weight, because she has her issues with the thyroid... If she gets old, will she be heavier? I asked to myself (and I know) but, the thing that man forgets it is he is getting more fat (and getting OLD) and, within 5 or more years, he cannot get girls of 25 to 40 and, if so, their "drives" will not be pleased (that part is in the secular realm) but what about THAT DEARLY LOVE she gives and he dismissed my own face?

Time will tell! I hope he gets aware of it, but I never would engage in a relationship I don´t like from the beginning.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
All I want is a woman who loves and know Jesus and will love me. sure other things can be important, its great to share stuff together and you need that little something to start with. Anything else is a bonus.

Problem is too many women seem to be still hung up on world views and values in looking for a potential spouce.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
There is a 30 old single guy at my church who is the same way.... He was asking the pastor if there is any Christian singles here He said yeah and mention one lady that works at the sound both here and she's on the bored. He got exited and the pastor introduced him to her. He didn't look happy when he meet her due to she didn't look skinny.. but yet she was pretty in her own way.. she did like him and he was kind to her but he then seem to avoid her alot On Sunday mornings. One Sunday a elderly couple brought their granddaughter who was about in her 20s and the guy was talking to her and asking about her.. my friend the lady whom the pastor introduce was kinda feeling odd and realize that he was looking for a figure rather then a big women like herself..some others were noticing he was wanting more then just a relationship and was asking any new women that came. Happends some other times...tried to make this short but he was new in church gave his heart to Jesus but yet has a problem with Women. Non of the women that are skinny army interested but yet some heavy set women were... guessing God is trying to teach him about the inside of the women's heart not the outer appearance..guessing he is still blind to it...
Sounds like my story, God has put a number of women in my life, I knew God did this, God even told me directly once in form of a vision. I knew they were right as I could see them glowing, they just shone and they were to me the most beautiful women in the world, but alas, they exercised thier right of free will, you see they all wanted someone who was a bit taller, a lot slimmer and sexier. One of them has since got married and yes he is the classic hero type, big tall, square jaw, blue eyes blond hair, drop dead sexy and gorgeous.

So yes If I had that type of body I would have been married years ago, but I Am not and no matter how many women God sends my way they all say thanks but no thanks.

N

Nicee

I'm SUPER HAPPY some of the girls I have known n talked to are very intelligence ladies who know wht they are looking for in a man. Since 12/2012, I asked alot of ladies wht they want in a guy, and NONE of them mention material or physical things. Which give me great joy up to now.They know material things is good, but not tht important. They also asked me the same questions. I likewise said the same things.

EmethAlethia

Sep 8, 2014
So far the only one who dealt with "God's opinion" from SCRIPTURE on the matter was me on the first page. If you are wondering why there are so few real Christians out there, perhaps it is because most are more interested in their opinions, beliefs and feelings than they are God's, even in a "Christian" forum. Agree with me, disagree with me ... at least I think the truth of God's opinion on all the issues, and I am willing to labor through the scriptures to get it.

Only one other person mentioned scripture at all, and most of those were on friendship. Look at the number of posts people: all feelings, opinions, beliefs, without looking for and pursuing the opinions of God, cutting all He says out straight and putting it all together so that it fits perfectly with everything God said, didn't say, did and didn't do ...

Do we draw near with our lips, or do we want truth? What I see are the fruits, and it's a dismal harvest. Repent. If you do not want God's opinion more than your own, and more than your peers, why do you call Him Lord?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
QUOTE:

So far the only one who dealt with "God's opinion" from SCRIPTURE on the matter was me on the first page. If you are wondering why there are so few real Christians out there, perhaps it is because most are more interested in their opinions, beliefs and feelings than they are God's, even in a "Christian" forum. Agree with me, disagree with me ... at least I think the truth of God's opinion on all the issues, and I am willing to labor through the scriptures to get it.

END QUOTE...........

Well, ok, but the OP itself was an "opinion" piece.........not Scripture..........soooooooooo.............

EmethAlethia

Sep 8, 2014
LOL sooooo... if you really want God's opinions look to the ones that actually use scripture that, in context, actually pertains to the topic you are looking into. Ya don't go looking for fish on the moon. Ya don't go looking for a godly spouse amongst those who are only interested in their own feelings, beliefs and experiences. If God's opinion is the most important thing, where is your answer going to come from? If your opinions beliefs and feelings are the most important thing, where are your responses going to come from? Fruits my friend, fruits...

And yes, if you want God's opinion, look for the ones with the scriptures that actually pertain to the topic. That's my "opinion". You are entitled to look through the opinions of men to look for God's opinion, you can even look for fish on the moon. LOL I just think that the odds are better in a target rich environment. Godly women, look for the men whose interest is in figuring out the meaning of the word of God, for and by themselves, and in obeying it, even if it costs them everything. Godly men, look for the same thing. Whose "opinion" is more important shows by whose opinion you try and figure out and share. That also is an opinion. This is also an opinion, but it's not mine:

Luk 6:45
"The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.

Jan 24, 2009
For instance my younger sister told me that she and her husband made a promise to each other to "never get fat" I wasnt married at the time and I thought how shallow that was.But I know many Christian men that want a woman to be a certain size. One Christian man told me he would not marry a woman who would not perform a certain sexual act for him.And Im thinking "what has that to do with her character? If she would be a good mother and faithful wife?"So many think they want a Godly wife but in the same breath turn around and compare women to Hollywood types in looks and the way they act.They want a woman that looks Hollywood but acts like Mother Mary.Not all men but more often then not it is true of Christian men.Especially the younger generation.So any thoughts? Agree or disagree?
I know many Christian men that want a woman to be a certain size. I desire a mate that is roughly the same as me in health respects. I try to jog at least twice week. I can move around. I'd like my mate to be able to roughly match(ie- be able to accomplish) my abilities/activities. Doing so would require a certain amount of "fitness".

One Christian man told me he would not marry a woman who would not perform a certain sexual act for him.And Im thinking "what has that to do with her character? Sexuality is a topic that I definitely will discuss with a potential life partner. Anyone who has read about "adult" films knows that they demean and degrade women. Some(understatement?) of the activities in these films is absolutely disgusting, and I would neither want nor expect a spouse to do them.

So many think they want a Godly wife but in the same breath turn around and compare women to Hollywood types in looks and the way they act. They want a woman that looks Hollywood but acts like Mother Mary. Not all men but more often then not it is true of Christian men. Especially the younger generation. So any thoughts? Agree or disagree? I guess there's a benefit to me for not watching many movies and sitcoms? Working in a mall environment, I do see some nice looking women. Me thinks I'll stick to reality! :)

M

MadParrotWoman

It's difficult for both sexes, Christians need to be discerning - it's even more difficult when after marriage one of the partnership becomes a Christian and the other doesn't. You both play to separate rules. One is answerable to THE higher authority and the other thinks like the mainstream secular society does. Life can be difficult.