Doctrinal doo doo?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 23, 2015
perhaps this verse
could give us a clue
Revelation of John 2:24
“And to you I say, and to the rest in Thyatira, as many as do not possess this teaching, and who have not known the depths of Satan, as they call them, I am not putting on you another burden.

E

eternally-gratefull

Well Apostle Paul also warned the Corinthian church that they could not continue to operate that way, and even told that church that if there is a member engaged in sinful (sexual immoral) behavior if they refuse to give up those ways after admonishing them. They are to be cast out !!!

He did not sugar coat it or just slap them on the hand, not he gave them a strict warning in 1 Corinthians 5 about allowing sinful behavior to continue in members of the congregation.
No, He did not sugar coat it, and neither would we, a fact you refuse to even contemplate.

What he never said, is they would lose their inheritance, And as Crossnote correctly showed. Paul still called them brothers and sisters in Christ (who were in sin, Who needed mild because they were babes, Who according to your teachings, should not even be saved, because they had no fruit)

E

eternally-gratefull

We were saved by the whole counsel of God. which includes both old and new testaments. I am getting tired of these stupid statements.
Guess the poor OT believers who never had the NT had no way to be saved.

I am getting sick of assumptions, and foolishness myself!

Mar 4, 2013
perhaps this verse
could give us a clue
Revelation of John 2:24
“And to you I say, and to the rest in Thyatira, as many as do not possess this teaching, and who have not known the depths of Satan, as they call them, I am not putting on you another burden.
Oh! don't stop there, guess what the Iron rod is? Jesus is coming back as a lion, not a lamb. :eek:
Revelation2:25-26
[SUP]25 [/SUP]But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
[SUP]26 [/SUP]And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
[SUP]27 [/SUP]And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
[SUP]28 [/SUP]And I will give him the morning star.
[SUP]29 [/SUP]He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding? Isaiah 29:16

P

phil112

.............................. In any case both Elvis and Frank died the same as we all will..............................
Pardon me for being disagreeable, but I have no intention of dying an overweight pill-popping drug addict with nothing but derision and hate for those who are "lesser" than I.

F

FreeNChrist

No, He did not sugar coat it, and neither would we, a fact you refuse to even contemplate.

What he never said, is they would lose their inheritance, And as Crossnote correctly showed. Paul still called them brothers and sisters in Christ (who were in sin, Who needed mild because they were babes, Who according to your teachings, should not even be saved, because they had no fruit)
Indeed. It was for the purpose of restoration, not damnation.

E

ember

profound...all of it

sheesh

I

Is

The heart of man has basically remained the same, and the temptations faced by Christian disciples have not really changed. While the exact details differ from one century to the next, the spiritual struggles remain very similar.

Jul 23, 2015
Oh! don't stop there, guess what the Iron rod is? Jesus is coming back as a lion, not a lamb. :eek:
Revelation2:25-26
[SUP]25 [/SUP]But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
[SUP]26 [/SUP]And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
[SUP]27 [/SUP]And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
[SUP]28 [/SUP]And I will give him the morning star.
[SUP]29 [/SUP]He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding? Isaiah 29:16
that is after you pass the trial :smoke:

how can someone attain the said promise wihout understanding the
work that it was to be done?
it was just my observation my breathren
i hope i dont offend annyone here

thank you very much

S

shotgunner

Not sure anyone would be qualified to attend YET's church, he may have a church of one. :p
I don't know, I might attend a few services with Yet as the pastor. According to his previous posts the pastor is supposed to work a job and give the money to the congregation. I guess it would depend on what my cut was.LOL