Does God allow us to see the deceased?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jandian

Feb 12, 2011
God can do anything. But it would be worthy to note that He is the God of the living not the dead. The only scriptural account in the bible of speaking to the deceased is where Saul via a diviner raised Samuel's Spirit from the dead. It seems to something only the lost deals with. You should be careful of dealing with the deceased of even love ones, wherever they are they are not able to come to you at this time. But the devil has used love ones many times to entrap persons into a false sense of security. Hold on to your GOD... He is your COMFORTER. On that day, all in CHRIST will meet again. All the best!!!

J

josh123

i don't think we fully understand the dream realm or where we end up when we dream, could dreams be a vision of ourselves in the future or in a different realm? what i mean by this is i'm sure most of us had a dream when we dreamt about something we don't know about but see ourselves in that situation and maybe months or years later we see that it comes to pass then we remember " oh my goodness i have this dream years ago " can it be that when we sleep and dream we take a peak of our other side? the soul i'm not too sure though just saying

D

didymos

I was only bothered with the "I see dead people" post, I thought it lacked class and was in bad taste, however, I appreciate any an all biblical findings, my faith lies in the Word of God, and I wasn't sure if it was ok to ask God to hear my moms voice again. So I was looking (and found) some help in His Word. Thank you all for your input! God Bless you all!
Like T_Laurich said before me: ' If you stay around for a while you will realize a lot of us gain an unneeded sarcastic humor (myself included).'
However, you have to understand that my response was to your INITIAL post, where you asked a GENERAL question. Had I known about your personal pain, I would NEVER have posted that pic. So I certainly didn't mock your deceased parents or you missing them.

My comment wasn't about you personally, but about people who want to contant the dead in GENERAL. I think there's been enough said in this thread to prove that desire is unbiblical and as such against God's will.
It's understandable that you want to hold on to your parents, and you can do so by cherishing the memories of them. In my life I've lost loved ones too, but I believe they are safe with God. I trust your parents are safe with God aswell.

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

May 18, 2010
well this kinda brushes over the sleep after death or what happens to our spirit after we die debate, which I and my church hold to the belief that we do not sleep, our spirits go directly to heaven or hell, so to answer your question, no, we do not communicate with the dead. remember when lazarus went to heaven but the rich man didn't then the rich man was wanting to warn his brothers so they wouldn't end up in such a place, but they didn't let him? and nor was lazarus able to leave heaven to put a drop of water on his tongue. i had a dad who died of cancer in various places even some that was visible from his eye socket, from asbestos, anyways i don't sit and wonder if he went to heaven and hell, nor should you with your dad. it's not healthy and we do not truly know for certain, so it is in the hands of the Judge and not our own.

john832

May 31, 2013
well this kinda brushes over the sleep after death or what happens to our spirit after we die debate, which I and my church hold to the belief that we do not sleep, our spirits go directly to heaven or hell, so to answer your question, no, we do not communicate with the dead. remember when lazarus went to heaven but the rich man didn't then the rich man was wanting to warn his brothers so they wouldn't end up in such a place, but they didn't let him? and nor was lazarus able to leave heaven to put a drop of water on his tongue. i had a dad who died of cancer in various places even some that was visible from his eye socket, from asbestos, anyways i don't sit and wonder if he went to heaven and hell, nor should you with your dad. it's not healthy and we do not truly know for certain, so it is in the hands of the Judge and not our own.
Job 17:13 If I wait, the grave is mine house: I have made my bed in the darkness.
Job 17:14 I have said to corruption, Thou art my father: to the worm, Thou art my mother, and my sister.
Job 17:15 And where is now my hope? as for my hope, who shall see it?
Job 17:16 They shall go down to the bars of the pit, when our rest together is in the dust.

Psa 6:5 For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?

Psa 49:12 Nevertheless man being in honour abideth not: he is like the beasts that perish.

Psa 146:4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

Ecc 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

Ecc 9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

john832

May 31, 2013
Paul's hope was the resurrection of the dead...

Php 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.