does it matter what how we live as believers?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jasonj

It is a good thought.

When confronted, they relied on their work history. Not the blood of the lamb, as their reasoning as to why they should be let into heaven.

Jesus said you works were usless, You were in sin (which we all are) and thus guilty apart from the blood.

So you were right in what you were thinking.

actually that's not what Jesus said to them. if you look at what he said to them, and also the other group mentioned here who are welcomed. what is the reason they are welcomed? for when I was hungry ...you gave me something to eat ect.... both groups were believers, one group was selfish, the other group Loved other people with need. there is no mention of the blood of Jesus in those verses. the first group thought because we are casting out demons in his name ect...were gonna be saved. they had missed the second part of the great commandment "Love each other AS I have Loved you" the other group is accepted because they Loved people when they had need.

Nov 22, 2015
I loved the fact that in that scripture you are alluding to about the righteous ones doing "good works"...they were not even aware that they were doing it. It was just a natural outflow of the life of Christ is them. Because they asked Jesus "When did we visit You in prison etc."

actually that's not what Jesus said to them. if you look at what he said to them, and also the other group mentioned here who are welcomed. what is the reason they are welcomed? for when I was hungry ...you gave me something to eat ect.... both groups were believers, one group was selfish, the other group Loved other people with need. there is no mention of the blood of Jesus in those verses. the first group thought because we are casting out demons in his name ect...were gonna be saved. they had missed the second part of the great commandment "Love each other AS I have Loved you" the other group is accepted because they Loved people when they had need.

E

eternally-gratefull

To the one group. He said I NEVER KNEW YOU.

That group was never saved.

Thus they were never loved by God, or experienced his love,

They attempted to use their works to force God into letting them into heaven Jesus answer, I never knew you.

All their works were carnal. Yes they were not of love, but why? Because "We love because he first loved us"

If they never experienced Gods love, then they could not share Gods love

I think it is explained by Jesus

the one group built there house on the rock. WHo is the rock? Of Course it is jesus.. Jesus was their foundation, not the works.

The other group rejected the stone, the rock, And built theirs on the sand (works)

A

AuntieAnt

To the one group. He said I NEVER KNEW YOU.

That group was never saved.

Thus they were never loved by God, or experienced his love,

They attempted to use their works to force God into letting them into heaven Jesus answer, I never knew you.

All their works were carnal. Yes they were not of love, but why? Because "We love because he first loved us"

If they never experienced Gods love, then they could not share Gods love

I think it is explained by Jesus

the one group built there house on the rock. WHo is the rock? Of Course it is jesus.. Jesus was their foundation, not the works.

The other group rejected the stone, the rock, And built theirs on the sand (works)

Actually Jesus says, "I don't know you,"to every one of us in the flesh, to our carnal man. That's what He is telling us here. The "group" he welcomes into His Kingdom (which is within us) is our spiritual man, the new creation. The "group" he rejects is our carnal man. Because no flesh can inherit God's kingdom because it's impossible for the flesh to submit to God. Our relationship with Jesus is spiritual. :)

E

eternally-gratefull

Actually Jesus says, "I don't know you,"to every one of us in the flesh, to our carnal man. That's what He is telling us here. The "group" he welcomes into His Kingdom (which is within us) is our spiritual man, the new creation. The "group" he rejects is our carnal man. Because no flesh can inherit God's kingdom because it's impossible for the flesh to submit to God. Our relationship with Jesus is spiritual. :)
He said in the greek.

odepote ginosko

odepote - Never, at no time in the past, not ever.

Ginosko - to know experiencially, with knowledge..

To say he just said, I do not know you, would be changing the meaning of the words. and not correct translation.

Jesus said I never knew you period. He is not talking to children of God. He knows them,, As david said, he knew us before we were born.

While I agree 100% He rejects our carnal man, and it will not go to heaven with us. That is not what Jesus is saying here.

Dec 19, 2009
the ten commandments? just looking for clarification on the commandments. thank you for the response and God bless
“You know the commandments: `Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honor your father and mother.'" Luke 18:20 RSV