Dont judge

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2015
Do you go to a CC? This album reflects, almost to the song, everything the St. Petersburg Calvary Chapel uses.

P

psalm6819

That is fine as I don't have an issue with that as we are to accept everybody no matter what they have done.

What I was speaking on though is after they have come through those doors and become part of the congregation, if they then from there continue to refuse to give up their sinful ways after the steps in the bible have been taken to call them out and help correct them in their ways then we are told to cast them out and not associate with them unless they repent.

You came back using the 7 x 70 passage, which is speaking on if they come back and each time say they have repented then you are to accept them. It is not saying to accept them back even if they haven't repented.

There is a difference in forgiving a person and keeping a person out of the congregation who's sinful ways could lead others to stumble and return to sinful lifestyles as well thinking it is acceptable. For the purpose in those passages is to not let the congregation in your church think it is acceptable to continue to be sinful !!!
Hi Kenneth, so how long is continue? That's the latch pin, that's what us always said. so put time frame on continue..

Is it days? Weeks? Months?

What if someone gives up one sin in a month but it takes longer for other

Gluttony is sin so what about fat Christians? Obviously continuing in sin

so what is the time table for each specific sin?

P

psalm6819

I don't mean to sound icky because I have always liked you but I just wonder how long is continuing and is it different for different sins?

Not trying to be snarly I just wonder about the parameters.....

K

KennethC

Hi Kenneth, so how long is continue? That's the latch pin, that's what us always said. so put time frame on continue..

Is it days? Weeks? Months?

What if someone gives up one sin in a month but it takes longer for other

Gluttony is sin so what about fat Christians? Obviously continuing in sin

so what is the time table for each specific sin?

The thing you must understand is that if they are trying or show that they want to change even by their words.

If they do not show any sign of wanting to give up their sinful ways or even make the statement they want to change then the bible clearly says we are to cast them out. These are not my words but the words of God in the bible, and if you have an issue with what they say then you need to go to prayer and ask Him about it.

The other thing is just because a person is over weight or fat does not mean they are living in gluttony, for there is genetic disorders that causes one to be over weight that has nothing to do with how much food they eat. Over active thyroid does that to in people, so just being over weight is not a sin.

Again though out of love those who are over eating we are to sit down and talk to them and help them out.
We are not to sit back and just let them continue in that sin as if it is acceptable, if you do the bible clearly says that it could lead others in the congregation that continuing in their sins is acceptable as well. You can not let a little leaven be seen as acceptable or it will leaven a whole bunch.

Therefore it has nothing to do with a time table but rather the person is making an attempt to turn away and stop committing their sins.