Dont Seek a Wife!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 24, 2013
Personally, I feel like if God wants two people together, he'll bring them together. However, the man is supposed to make the first move. Women aren't supposed to initiate.

I've heard other christian women describe a man's pursuit for a wife. They said that God made them "hunters" so to speak. Women aren't supposed to seek out a husband, men have to seek out a wife.

That's what I heard anyway.
...'supposed to' ?...lol...

...personally I enjoy women being 'pro-active' in that regard...

C

colalella2891

...'supposed to' ?...lol...

...personally I enjoy women being 'pro-active' in that regard...
Oh I do too. I don't really agree with it myself, why does it matter who initiates?

It's just what i've been told... I think it's kind of old-fashioned to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

didymos

did you know it is a sin to seek a wife? so do not seek one as Scripture clearly says!

Are you bound to a wife? Do not seek to be released. Are you released from a wife? Do not seek a wife. 1 Corinthians 7:27

...ok... what then? a cute bf? :p

T

Tintin

Falcon, don't read the Bible in context! You might find out your truth isn't God's Truth!

J

JesusFreak787

Lol this is what happens when you take scripture out of context

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
did you know it is a sin to seek a wife? so do not seek one as Scripture clearly says!

Are you bound to a wife? Do not seek to be released. Are you released from a wife? Do not seek a wife. 1 Corinthians 7:27
Falcon I am sure you have already had a good amount of critisism because of this thread but this is not the meaning in the scripture. Which is why I always say to be careful when posting scripture because its very easy to misunderstand or twist scripture. The word of God is not something to play with, I even freak out when my bible dropps on the floor and i apolagize to god instantly.