Don't you just hate it when Christians say......

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kreation

Sep 19, 2013
Something else that used to deter me away from Christ when I was non religious.

I used to hate asking a christian about religion because I knew that most of the time they would respond by using passages from the bible. I wanted to have a conversation with that person and as an atheist, you do not want to hear biblical scriptures. This is because I thought the bible was false.

Instead, I wanted to hear their opinion, and have a nice grounded conversation.

When I minister to an atheist I wait for them to come to me. And when they do come I don't ever quote biblical scriptures unless they ask me to. Instead of saying read Psalm.....verse....etc etc etc. I just summarise the passage in my own words within the conversation. I find that this is really effective and they would stay longer to listen.

This is a good thread, i've learned a lot from it. :)

Last edited:

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
What irritated me was that people used the word 'sin' assuming I knew what it meant AND that I was to assume God had a Son.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
I always get weary when someone gets up to prophesy and they say, "Thus saith the Lord." ..Suddenly now Holy Spirit only speaks and has you speaking in ye olde' english...lol c'mon now...

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I always get weary when someone gets up to prophesy and they say, "Thus saith the Lord." ..Suddenly now Holy Spirit only speaks and has you speaking in ye olde' english...lol c'mon now...
............personally I like the olde' English usage in the KJV, but I would really love to see the Red Neck Edition be published.....wow! Now I could really understand that one!

:)

K

KJV15John11

No offence, but when I read or hear some one say to other people, or other Christians even" " are you saved, are you born again ? ".
Exactly! What is THEIR definition of saved? That I have joined THEIR church and have THEIR beliefs. Or is it that I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and that through Him, my sins can be washed away?

When I think of non-believers, I try to consider what their personal experience has been with Christianity. There have been some horrible stories of those who suffered at the hands of those who claimed to be Christians and doing God's work. I stop and think if I would be strong enough to endure what they have and still believe. I have to accept that I have been greatly blessed and that I can't take my beliefs as a personal victory, but as a gift, that I need to share with others. Sometimes with great patience, love, and understanding.

Even as a Christian, I am getting tired with the preoccupation of sex among singles in the Christian mainstream. Yes, I get it, it is a sin. But is it worse than gossiping? I would contend that gossiping is more destructive to the Christian body than premarital sex is. Why aren't they preaching about THAT every Sunday. And who is wagging their finger in our faces, but those who are married, who have been given free reign by God to have as much sex as they want to with their wives, which of course, we don't have. Is it really better to get married just to have sex than to live in sin by having premarital sex? I would suggest that many divorcees would disagree. Their preoccupation with my sex life, or rather the lack of it, concerns me.

What I have learned is that it becomes more about their weaknesses than mine. I've heard the sermons and talks about how living together is a sin. It's because they are partaking in things reserved for marriage. My question is, well what if they abstain from sex? Is it still a sin? Their answer: well I couldn't do that for long! Ah ha! So it's about YOU after all!

Thank you for allowing me to rant.

Jun 30, 2011
or someguy in an effeminanet voice says 'it's all about love" when you know - they don't probably have a clue what that phrase means

Kreation

Sep 19, 2013

Hahaha that made me laugh but it's so true

Jun 30, 2011
God hates the sin but loves the sinner - Ghandi

That God doesn't hate sinners, when He does: and in the same respect He loves the sinner - in this is love, not that we loved God but He loved us, and sent Jesus Christ

we are to hate the sin, but love the sinner because we are sinners