Dr, Ben Carson

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Yes I do somewhat see your point there. But I wouldnt say it is victim-less.There are often children involved in these situations.And since Hollywood has begun making homosexuality the popular thing to be Ive seen more and more young people think there is nothing wrong with it and seen more Christians accepting of it.I believe it really does affect society and the family.But I also feel that way about divorce and thing it should be much more difficult to get a divorce except in the cases of abuse or unfaithful spouses.JMO
Well I don't know many gays with children. Like maybe one or tewo but their kids are adults. I also have never met anyone turned gay by hollywood. I'm sure VW or AoK will find some fringe story of someone claiming it happened to them, but Im used to their nonsense by now.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I honestly don't know why you need religion to tell you that killing, stealing, incest and abuse are wrong.
That's an easy thing to say when you grew up in a civilization in which these things are viewed as pariahs. CS Lewis and other modern Natural Law theorists were right when they said people are aware of a moral code. They underestimated man's ability to twist and contort it over time.

All of these things, in different times and different places, were viewed either as a moral good or occasionally acceptable. Religion informs the culture, the culture informs the state. The state writes in law what is in the culture so as to punish evil and reward good lest the public err from that desired good.

A statesman is vital in the process of making sure that murder, incest, rape, etc. are still considered moral evils. Why? Because you are right, many people don't think they need religion or any ethical system at all. That is why an ethical system of some sort must be imposed upon them.

If you sincerely believe that allowances for murder, stealing, incest, and sexual abuse, you really are better off casting your lot in with evangelical Christians than almost every other political sub-group out there.

I say this as a Presbyterian (albeit a very conservative one) who cannot stand many aspects of evangelical churches today. Impose your lack of liturgy on me, then we're living in a theocracy...punks...

I'll give you credit, Nautilus. I like that you have such a fight in you. Though I sincerely wish you would take it and apply it in a different direction. :p

A

AgeofKnowledge

Because you don't care what God's Word says and you don't care what God's position is on this issue. You only care what Nautilus's position is but Nautilus can't see why God's design for humanity matters to individuals and their progeny (both spiritually and non-spiritually) and the societies themselves which every historical study on the issues reveals are successful if they correctly implement it and unsuccessful when they don't.

Nautilus can't see much at all but he has no problem standing against God, "for Christ," in complete disregard of the temporal and eternal consequences to himself, society, and the world.

Yes I cant wait for your normative morality copy/paste speech you like the through around.

V

Viligant_Warrior

Dr. Carson has announced his exploratory committee today. Positive move toward running.

[video=youtube;Gze5cqk2O5U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gze5cqk2O5U&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Video is from Carson for America: Unite Heal Thrive

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Dr. Carson has announced his exploratory committee today. Positive move toward running.

[video=youtube;Gze5cqk2O5U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gze5cqk2O5U&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Video is from Carson for America: Unite Heal Thrive
He is running. I just hope more establishment people choose to run to offset the division it will cause in conservative ranks.

V

Viligant_Warrior

He is running. I just hope more establishment people choose to run to offset the division it will cause in conservative ranks.
I'd rather everyone just coalese around Dr. Carson. You're not going to find a better man for the office.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I'd rather everyone just coalese around Dr. Carson. You're not going to find a better man for the office.
If the conservative wing of the party could unite around a candidate or at least have a few people humble enough to bow out for something like this to happen, I would agree.

K

kaylagrl

Well I don't know many gays with children. Like maybe one or tewo but their kids are adults. I also have never met anyone turned gay by hollywood. I'm sure VW or AoK will find some fringe story of someone claiming it happened to them, but Im used to their nonsense by now.

Ya well I didn't say it turned them gay,I said Hollywood made it acceptable.Which it has.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Given that this thread has taken such a turn away from the OP..........hmm, and I should know........ :)

I will say that it seems clear to me that the only people in the US who are forced to conform to the beliefs of others are Christians. I am compelled to ask: Why is that?

3Scoreand10

Given that this thread has taken such a turn away from the OP..........hmm, and I should know........ :)

I will say that it seems clear to me that the only people in the US who are forced to conform to the beliefs of others are Christians. I am compelled to ask: Why is that?
Because we be the bad guys!
Those nasty, uncompromising, non tolerant Christians!
They WILL force us to change, or they will destroy us.
That is what they beleive, and that is their goal.
They may kill me, but they will not change me!

V

Viligant_Warrior

Back_to_the_Topic.png

And being a good learner, I'll ask as my parents and Capt. Kangaroo taught me: Please? Thank you!

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Democrats are making a deal over Carson's comments concerning gays...........can be read on Yahoo News ............ I read and listened..........and, well, so what?

Any person who stands against same sex marriage will face the same stuff............

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Democrats are making a deal over Carson's comments concerning gays...........can be read on Yahoo News ............ I read and listened..........and, well, so what?

Any person who stands against same sex marriage will face the same stuff............
Well, at least the man is taking positions right now. More than I can say for some candidates.

A

AgeofKnowledge

Good point. I AM a position so excluded.

Well, at least the man is taking positions right now. More than I can say for some candidates.

3Scoreand10

Well, Ben just lost my vote.
He apologized for his statement that being a homosexual was a choice.:mad:

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
if you don't like the GOP or DNC candidate,

VOTE THIRD PARTY.

there is no reason to vote for someone you don't like.
if nothing else, you can write someone in.

V

Viligant_Warrior

Well, Ben just lost my vote.
He apologized for his statement that being a homosexual was a choice.:mad:
He hasn't apologized for making that statement. He has apologized to those who may be offended by his remarks, but despite what CNN said last night, and what is being reported in the self-appointed MSM, he has not changed his view. Two CNN commentators even admitted that, in the way he framed his statements, they agreed with him.

3Scoreand10

A man should never apologize for telling the truth, no matter who it affends.