DRUNK IN THE SPIRIT

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 2, 2016
I am not so much against drunk in the spirit or any other of the Pentecostal manifestations as much as I am this, we find no clear examples of such things for Christians to be doing in the New Testament. Also, the defenders of these things find it necessary to stoop to being dishonest with the word of God in an attempt to justify what they are doing. Folks when you have to cheat then you have to be wrong. I would rather be safe then sorry, so if it is not in the NT I would recommend to stay away from it.

Enow

Banned
Dec 21, 2012
I am not so much against drunk in the spirit or any other of the Pentecostal manifestations as much as I am this, we find no clear examples of such things for Christians to be doing in the New Testament. Also, the defenders of these things find it necessary to stoop to being dishonest with the word of God in an attempt to justify what they are doing. Folks when you have to cheat then you have to be wrong. I would rather be safe then sorry, so if it is not in the NT I would recommend to stay away from it.
And we have been warned in scripture to stay away from it.

2 Corinthians 11:1 Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.[SUP]2 [/SUP]For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.[SUP]3 [/SUP]But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ[SUP]4 [/SUP]For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Making the Holy Spirit as Someone you have received and yet not have received, as you seek to be filled by Him again and again supernaturally, then that is not the Holy Spirit at all that was promised at our salvation when we had received Him by faith in Jesus Christ after hearing the gospel in accepting the love of the truth.

There is no other calling. If there was, that could be considered preaching another gospel.

There is no teaching in the N.T. of exhorting believers to seek another baptism with the Holy Ghost to get tongues that way nor to seek to be filled by Him continuously supernaturally where the signs mimic the works of the flesh and darkness.

That is why believers are to preach Jesus Christ & Him crucified; there is no prepping of the mind to receive the Holy Spirit when it is given by promise for all those that come to & believe in Jesus Christ for they shall hunger and thirst no more for they are filled at their salvation. Any such extra filling is denying the promise of His word at our salvation.

The promise in this prophesy:

Matthew 5:[SUP]6 [/SUP]Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

The promise fullfilled for all those that come to and believe in Jesus Christ at their salvation.

John 6:[SUP]35 [/SUP]And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

So believers need to decide which gospel they are going to serve: The gospel of Jesus Christ or the other gospel of never filling spirit? They cannot do both for the latter denies the promise that they are filled in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Feb 28, 2016
stay in Christ and do His will, which is something that we can never predict, so
stay firm and don't ever let yourself 'conform' to another's will...

Dec 2, 2016
Stay in Christ and do His will(I totally agree). Which is something we can never predict??, we can know from the scriptures certain things that God will do and certain things that God will not do...in that sense we CAN predict some of the will of God. Example, we can predict that if a person dies without Christ that he will go to hell, we know this because of the bible.

P

popeye

Originally Posted by samuel23

I am not so much against drunk in the spirit or any other of the Pentecostal manifestations as much as I am this, we find no clear examples of such things for Christians to be doing in the New Testament. Also, the defenders of these things find it necessary to stoop to being dishonest with the word of God in an attempt to justify what they are doing. Folks when you have to cheat then you have to be wrong. I would rather be safe then sorry, so if it is not in the NT I would recommend to stay away from it

Yeah,if you saught after some experience with a disregard for Jesus,and the Holy Spirit,just seeking a feeling or a experience,then maybe you would need to be such an alarmist.

What you are completely missing,is that God has a pattern. A pattern of doing what He wants and simply does of his own sovereignty and PURPOSE.

Like I told you, Paul,under your very template,would have to reject his entire Damascus road encounter,due to his "knowledge" in what God does and doesn't do. He simply would continue in what he "knows" ,the law,and operate under his knowledge,knowing God has never knocked anyone down and put scales and blindness on them simultaneously.

The "drunk" you are referring to is folks being unable to function properly under so heavy of an anointing. They can't handle it.

Once used to being in that heavy anointing,they can function better.

You are going by mental processing of what you never been in.

P

popeye

Stay in Christ and do His will(I totally agree). Which is something we can never predict??, we can know from the scriptures certain things that God will do and certain things that God will not do...in that sense we CAN predict some of the will of God. Example, we can predict that if a person dies without Christ that he will go to hell, we know this because of the bible.
Most ALL THE MIRACLES and experiences in the bible,have no pattern.

You are trying to make them have one.

Dec 2, 2016
So say you, however it is not in scripture. Just because you or others call these "anointings" a work of God does not make it a work of God. The evidence that you are using to prove that it is a work of God is yourself, not scripture.