Eat My Flesh Drink My Blood

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

unclefester

I think we BOTH need to look at ourselves in the mirror.

It isn't even 8am and I haven' t had any coffee... does it count if I GO to the mirror... but keep my eyes closed?
Lol ... there has to be a no coffee yet clause somewhere that pertains to this. I'll see if I can find it. Yup ... here it is .....James 1:5 If any of you lacks coffee, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him :cool:

B

BarlyGurl

Lol ... there has to be a no coffee yet clause somewhere that pertains to this. I'll see if I can find it. Yup ... here it is .....James 1:5 If any of you lacks coffee, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him :cool:
I DO prefer to start the day of right... not begin the day with a START! :eek:

U

unclefester

I DO prefer to start the day of right... not begin the day with a START! :eek:
Ditto :) .... I never cease to be amazed with the depth of God's grace given freely to all of us. This part as well of that very same verse I posted above. How easy it is for all of us to overlook the depth of God's love towards us ... " who gives generously to all without finding fault,"

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Do you the people i have got off on the wrong foot with so to speak, seem to be the ones i've got to know the most :)

Nice to witness reconciliation.

Peace and Blessings in the name of Yahvah God and Yahshua the Messiah.

E

eternally-gratefull

Ditto :) .... I never cease to be amazed with the depth of God's grace given freely to all of us. This part as well of that very same verse I posted above. How easy it is for all of us to overlook the depth of God's love towards us ... " who gives generously to all without finding fault,"

what a loving God we have, if people would just see his love and forgiveness, and unmerited favor he has towards us, imagine how loving the world would be!

A

Abiding

Do you the people i have got off on the wrong foot with so to speak, seem to be the ones i've got to know the most :)

Nice to witness reconciliation.

Peace and Blessings in the name of Yahvah God and Yahshua the Messiah.
Thats just because we are really weird...and we knew wed have to pray
alot so God would help you like us.:cool:

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
The other day while i looked for this verse, i was reminded of the veil being torn when Yahshua the Messiah gave up the Spirit.

Today while looking for another piece of Scripture i found this and will now share it:

Luke 23

54And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on. 55And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid. 56And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.
Simply put "rested"

Jan 17, 2013
Christ meant it literally, and nearly all his disciples left him for it. They did not misunderstand him, and he did not stop them to clarify that he was only speaking symbolically, because he meant what he said. He instead repeated himself adding "Very truly I tell you!" And they scattered.

Remember that Jews have a prohibition against consuming blood (ya know, that whole kosher meat thing), so when Christ told them to eat his flesh and drink his blood then they were appalled and scattered, and he did not stop them.

Yes, this teaching is radical, but God/Jesus is radical.

'On hearing it, many of his disciples said, “This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?(sounds familiar. Sounds like most of you.)
Jesus said to them, “Does this offend you?"
From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.
'

So, does this offend YOU?

Evidently it does offend most of you since you refuse to believe the Lord on this teaching, and you claim it as merely symbolic,, which it is not.
Stop denying the power of God.

Read it for yourselves, and quit denying Him: John 6: 48-71 - I am the bread of life.

May 15, 2013
It means to recognize that He came to give his life for us and also let him enter into our lives. Jesus had came into the world to save us from being condemn to the abyss, for it was judgement day and the jews didn't know it was. So Jesus was the part of God that shows mercy, and which God's mercy had came down to prevent us from being damned to hell. So if Jesus had not risen, that would had been a sign that God didn't show mercy and the world were going to be tossed away into the abyss with His mercy. But Jesus has risen which means that God had granted us mercy. So since God has given us mercy, we must do the same as well to our neighbors and even our enemies also.