Election teaches that salvation comes from the Lord.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Yes, that is exactly what it is saying. God was expounding upon the concept of election and that certain individuals - those chosen by Him - that they would become saved.
You stopped reading too soon. Salvation is not offered to all. Look at the "us" and "we" below. Those who become saints, by election, they, and they alone, become/became those saved.

[Eph 1:1, 3- 7 KJV]
1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus: ...
3 Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly [places] in Christ:
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
For what you are asserting to be true, the "us" was in Christ before the foundation of the world. Yes?

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Yes, that is exactly what it is saying. God was expounding upon the concept of election and that certain individuals - those chosen by Him - that they would become saved.
You stopped reading too soon. Salvation is not offered to all. Look at the "us" and "we" below. Those who become saints, by election, they, and they alone, become/became those saved.

[Eph 1:1, 3- 7 KJV]
1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus: ...
3 Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly [places] in Christ:
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
20 He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was made manifest in the last times for the sake of you
21 who through him are believers in God

In your verses from Ephesian 1:1-7.
Remove Jesus from the verses and how are the Saints saved, Blessed, Chosen in HIM, predestined to be children of God, and redeemed by the BLOOD?

If you remove Jesus you see it's all about Jesus Paul is talking about. He is the ONE before the foundation of the world to fulfill verses 1-7.

So remove Jesus from these verses and how can Saints be all of those things in verses 1-7 without Jesus?

They can't!!

So we know Paul is talking about JESUS here.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Calvinist view of scripture...

All = all of the elect
World = world of the elect
Whosoever = whosoever of the elect
Any = any of the elect

Of course, only when it's convenient.
That is twisting scripture. Making scripture say what want.

Jos 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Choice, we are not robots.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
You seem to be preaching the opposite of the scriptures your posting. 🤔
I say we have a choice. The scripture says we have a choice.
God said we have a choice.

The gift is for all. We decide if accept the gift or not

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
20 He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was made manifest in the last times for the sake of you
21 who through him are believers in God

In your verses from Ephesian 1:1-7.
Remove Jesus from the verses and how are the Saints saved, Blessed, Chosen in HIM, predestined to be children of God, and redeemed by the BLOOD?

If you remove Jesus you see it's all about Jesus Paul is talking about. He is the ONE before the foundation of the world to fulfill verses 1-7.

So remove Jesus from these verses and how can Saints be all of those things in verses 1-7 without Jesus?

They can't!!

So we know Paul is talking about JESUS here.
No, we don't know that.
Your post makes doesn't make sense to me.

[Rom 8:28-30, 32-33 KJV]
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. ...
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? [It is] God that justifieth.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
No, we don't know that.
Your post makes doesn't make sense to me.

[Rom 8:28-30, 32-33 KJV]
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. ...
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? [It is] God that justifieth.
From Theologians. I do not trust Scholars because many are atheist but Theologians are Bible Professors in Bible Colleges.

(Rom 8:29-30) Notice the conjunction, “for”’; it ties what is about to be said with what has just been said. We know what God has done for the Old Testament saints, those that He “already knew, He predestined, (aorist indicative, completed action) to be conformed to the image or likeness of His Son. They died long before Jesus was even born but they are still a part of the promises of God! God planned from the beginning to bring their salvation to completion in Christ Jesus. Moreover, those He predestined (aorist indicative, completed action) He justified (aorist indicative, completed action) and those He justified He glorified (aorist indicative, completed action). If Paul had any intended notion that he was speaking to the Roman Christians he would have used the same tense he used previously in verse 16, that being the aorist passive subjective. He did not do so because he was speaking here of the Old Testament saints who had already died but God had provided hope for.

Theologians claim Paul in Romans 8:29-30 are speaking about the Old Testament Saints who God FOREKNEW and PREDESTINED to be conformed to be like Christ.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Jesus’ words in John 6:65
:)

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
If we could do works to gain salvation?

Then Jesus did not have to go to the Cross.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
From Theologians. I do not trust Scholars because many are atheist but Theologians are Bible Professors in Bible Colleges.

(Rom 8:29-30) Notice the conjunction, “for”’; it ties what is about to be said with what has just been said. We know what God has done for the Old Testament saints, those that He “already knew, He predestined, (aorist indicative, completed action) to be conformed to the image or likeness of His Son. They died long before Jesus was even born but they are still a part of the promises of God! God planned from the beginning to bring their salvation to completion in Christ Jesus. Moreover, those He predestined (aorist indicative, completed action) He justified (aorist indicative, completed action) and those He justified He glorified (aorist indicative, completed action). If Paul had any intended notion that he was speaking to the Roman Christians he would have used the same tense he used previously in verse 16, that being the aorist passive subjective. He did not do so because he was speaking here of the Old Testament saints who had already died but God had provided hope for.

Theologians claim Paul in Romans 8:29-30 are speaking about the Old Testament Saints who God FOREKNEW and PREDESTINED to be conformed to be like Christ.
I don't care what "theologians" say. The Bible needs no assistance outside of what it already provides us with.

[2Ti 3:15-17 KJV]
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Genez

Oct 12, 2017

Jesus’ words in John 6:65
:)
John 6:65

He went on to say,
“This is why I told you that no one can come to me
unless the Father has enabled them.”

If Calvinists were correct with their claim for 'irresistible grace?"
Then John 6:65 would need to be worded differently.

It would have to read more like this...

He went on to say,
unless the Father has forced them.”

Grace enables. Never forces!

How does grace enable a person to believe?

By paralyzing the sin nature while that person is being presented the Gospel.
That grace application by God's power does not guarantee one will believe.
It only guarantees that they have been made able to believe if they so choose.

We need clear thinking...... not legalism.

grace and peace .............

John146

Jan 13, 2016
What is your point?
If you were in Christ before the foundation of the world, then there never could have been a time when your were a child of wrath.

Ephesians 2
1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
I don't care what "theologians" say. The Bible needs no assistance outside of what it already provides us with.

[2Ti 3:15-17 KJV]
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
But you do because you continue to misinterpret it incorrectly all day long.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
John 6:65

He went on to say,
unless the Father has enabled them.”

If Calvinists were correct with their claim for 'irresistible grace?"
Then John 6:65 would need to be worded differently.

It would have to read more like this...

He went on to say,
unless the Father has forced them.”

Grace enables. Never forces!

How does grace enable a person to believe?

By paralyzing the sin nature while that person is being presented the Gospel.
That grace application by God's power does not guarantee one will believe.
It only guarantees that they have been made able to believe if they so choose.

We need clear thinking...... not legalism.

grace and peace .............
They are different.

KJV

The KJV translates Strong's G1325 in the following manner: give (365x), grant (10x), put (5x), show (4x), deliver (2x), make (2x), miscellaneous (25x).

[Jhn 6:65 KJV] 65 And[G2532] he said,[G3004] Therefore[G1223][G5124] said I[G2046] unto you,[G5213] that[G3754] no man[G3762] can[G1410] come[G2064] unto[G4314] me,[G3165] except[G3362] it were[G5600] given[G1325] unto him[G846] of[G1537] my[G3450] Father.[G3962]

ESV

[Jhn 6:65 ESV] 65 And he said, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father."

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Roger adheres to a doctrine called 5 Graces.

But believes God does not give Grace to basically 80% of His OWN Offspring known as His Creation.

Ever heard anything more ridiculous than that? To believe in something that only happens to less than 20% of Creation?

The doctrine literally sounds like a drunk man in a bar trying to preach repentance.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
But you do because you continue to misinterpret it incorrectly all day long.
shouldn't that be "interpret it incorrectly? If I misinterpreted it incorrectly, then I would have interpreted it correctly.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
shouldn't that be "interpret it incorrectly? If I misinterpreted it incorrectly, then I would have interpreted it correctly.
Knowing where your doctrine comes from I said it properly because you're copy/pasting someone else's idealism that is not your own.