Engrafted Word?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 6, 2010
Forgive me for this long post..

E
ngrafted Word?

Verb1. engraft - cause to grow together parts from different plants, "graft the cherry tree branch onto the plum tree"
graft, ingraft
conjoin, join - make contact or come together, "The two raods join here"
2. engraft - fix or set securely or deeply, "He planted a knee in the back of his opponent", "The dentist implanted a tooth in the gum"
embed, imbed, implant, plant
infix, insert, introduce, enter - put or introduce into something, "insert a picture into the text"
pot - plant in a pot, "He potted the palm"
nest - fit together or fit inside, "nested bowls"
bury, sink - embed deeply, "She sank her fingers into the soft sand", "He buried his head in her lap"

James 1:21> .......and receive with meekness the engrafted Word, which is able to save your souls.

So this Word James speaks of, which he says engrafts, engrafts onto what? And why is it put into us?
What is this engrafted Word? Isn't it taught that the Word is Jesus? And what is put into us is called the Holy Spirit isn't it?
John 6:63> It is the Spirit that quickeneth, the flesh profits nothing, the Word(s) that I speak unto you, THEY are Spirit, and they are life.

So the Word(s) coming out of Christ's mouth are Spirit? Are life?
Does this mean that that Word was engrafted into Jesus also? But isn't it said that Jesus IS that Word? How can it then engraft into Him if it is Him?
What does Jesus say about this Word? Has He anything to add?

John 14:24> He that loveth Me not keepeth not My sayings, and the Word which ye hear is not Mine, but the Fathers which sent Me.

So this Word is NOT Jesus' Word but His Fathers Word? And this Word is Spirit? And this Word is inside of Jesus? And this Word does all the speaking? Can it be that this Word is engrafted into Him also? And since it is Spirit, whatever it grafts onto, must also be spirit...and what is the only thing made of Spirit that is IN men? That's right...our SOULS.
Does this mean Jesus too had His OWN SOUL? Is this what departed from Jesus on the cross? That engrafted Word? Remember, it can be removed and it can be grafted back in God said.

John 14:10> Believest not that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? the Word(s) that I speak unto you I speak not of Myself, but the Father that dwelleth in Me, He doeth the works.

So this Word IN Jesus speaks Word(s) that are not Jesus' Word(s) and does the works (miracles etc) which Jesus isn't doing? Was Jesus confused? How can He speak and say "It is not Me speaking"? How can He do works and say "It is not Me doing them"? But instead say it is what is inside of Him doing these things?

Well it is not that hard to see. What is inside of Jesus is His Fathers Word. NOT the father Himself, but His Word that comes out of His mouth and is ALIVE. And as we saw, that Word is Spirit. And James told us that the Word engrafts. And that Word needs something to engraft onto. Which means Jesus had a soul too. Which means that that Word was becoming ONE with Him. That Word which comes from the Father and belongs to the Father. So the Word has more than one meaning. It does not just mean Jesus.

So does this same Word get put inside of us? Yes and no.

Romans 8:11> But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you.

The Spirit of Him that raised Jesus? His Spirit and NOT Jesus' Spirit? That Word? That Holy Spirit? Dwelling in us also? That was IN Jesus too? So then, YES, we get that same Spirit/Word engrafted into us too !!
So what makes Jesus' engrafted Word different than ours?
And why does the Father do it this way?

Psalm 33:6> By the Word of the Lord were the heavens made, and all the host of them by the BREATH OF HIS MOUTH.

So we know that the Word is Spirit. And it comes from the Father. Comes from where? OUT of the breath of His mouth. Now we know.
So this Spirit is INSIDE of the Father. His very own Spirit. And He is giving/planting/grafting it to grow inside of us to mix and become one with. So it is the Fathers Holy Spirit. And we get a mixture of that Spirit too. And it joins with our soul. Like Spiritual DNA mixing to become something other than what it was. Like two mixing to become one. Like a sperm and an egg sharing genetics to create a unique creature. Same concept.

So what is really happening then? Well, God is creating CHILDREN. Mixed with His "sperm" so to speak...mixed with His "Spiritual Genetics"...just as our children are a mixture of mother and father. So now will we become (at resurrection) a mixture of our heavenly Fathers Word/Spirit/Essence and our own souls to become a unique child/spirit/angel/individual.

So if it is this same Word in us, why is Jesus so special and different to us? Why? Well think Melchizedek. He had no mother or father or beginning or ending. But where is He now? He is where He always was. With the Father, beside the Father. In other words, He is the Word. The Word that created everything. That BREATH that came out of Gods mouth. And was kept aside and given bodily form for a very special task. That Word from the OT. That Word which was put into Jesus, that Word that created everything ! To become ONE with Jesus. Which Jesus said was NOT HIM SPEAKING !!

And at resurrection, the grafting was completed by the Father. NOW Jesus and that Word are ONE. So everything that Word EVER DID...it was NOW Jesus doing it all along. Because they became ONE. That is one reason WHY Jesus is so special. He got that very special Word that created everything in full measure. And He too can now create. And always could since He became One with that Word. Only Jesus and His Father can do this.

And why was He put into Jesus? Why engraft?
Because Melchizedek was pure Word. There was no other "DNA" in Him, so He was a pure individual extension of the Father, a "clone" in other words. In no way able to be called a Son at that stage. For there was no other "seed" mixed into Him but pure Word. But God wanted a Son. So He did something very special. He waited for the right time, and then created the 2nd Adam. Created directly by Gods Word. Pure, clean, Holy, unblemished.

And that Word came down from heaven and mixed with Jesus the man, mixed with Christ's own soul. Now that pure Word has NEW "genetic" input. That soul of Christs that He mixed with. Now that Word is something new. Something He wasn't before. Now that Word is indeed His SON. And because they became ONE... always was His Son. And that Word CREATED EVERYTHING. That Word is Jesus. And NOW always was Him all along.

The Word we get however, did not create everything, nor was kept aside from the beginning. This is one reason why Jesus IS so special. That CREATIVE WORD is now part of Him...now IS HIM. And always was. Because They became ONE. Now Jesus too can create. Just like his Father.

Remember Jesus said it was NOT HIM SPEAKING BUT THE WORD WITHIN HIM? But NOW it IS HIM. How? ENGRAFTING is HOW. MIXING. BECOMING ONE. And to become ONE makes the TWO ONE, and always, at that POINT...always was.

A circle joined
has no beginning nor end but is what it is when both points join. ONE.

P

Psalm2713

I don't fully understand this... but to the part that I understand I think it's a great way of explaining it... :)

M

MaggieMye

Engrafted means written on your heart.

NSAB 21 Therefore, putting aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness, in humility receive the word implanted, which is able to save your souls.

The WORD, written on your heart, which is able to save your soul.

a lot of fuss over what...OP

D

Deadflesh

No. Jesus said IAM the Living bread of Heaven. he said that he IS decending.

The Greek: Katabaino=literlaly means down stepping which means he IS stepping out of heaven. He was curently, at that moment steping down out of heaven. You can not seperate the Son from the Father. The SON was IN the father In heaven. while the Father was in the Son on earth.

They are ONE.

Feb 14, 2011
No. Jesus said IAM the Living bread of Heaven. he said that he IS decending.

The Greek: Katabaino=literlaly means down stepping which means he IS stepping out of heaven. He was curently, at that moment steping down out of heaven. You can not seperate the Son from the Father. The SON was IN the father In heaven. while the Father was in the Son on earth.

They are ONE.
If thefather is in you,does it mean that he is not in heaven because he is in you?

D

Deadflesh

No.

Jesus was in the father.(still is)

The father was in Jesus. (still is)

it was that way for all of eternity. and will BE that way for the rest of eternity.

the LORD is GOD. One LORD. ONE GOD. the LORD YOUR GOD is ONE.

Jul 6, 2010
Engrafted means written on your heart.

NSAB 21 Therefore, putting aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness, in humility receive the word implanted, which is able to save your souls.

The WORD, written on your heart, which is able to save your soul.

a lot of fuss over what...OP

Is the Holy Spirit only written on your heart is it Maggie?
IF it IS just written on your heart, then you only have the scriptures memorized and your soul has no connection to God and is exactly the same as an unbelievers soul..bereft of Holy Spirit/Word.
The Word and the Spirit are the same.

Jul 6, 2010
No.

Jesus was in the father.(still is)
That Spirit that is IN Jesus comes from God. So a part of God is IN Him...which makes that part the part of Jesus that is IN God. Because it came from God.

The father was in Jesus. (still is)
As above.

it was that way for all of eternity. and will BE that way for the rest of eternity.
Yep, that is what i said.

the LORD is GOD. One LORD. ONE GOD. the LORD YOUR GOD is ONE.
Yes the Lord God is one.
And we will be one IN Him too just as scripture says.
Does that make us God too?
So there is a flaw in your version that needs attention.
It doesn't address that scripture amongst others.
And that scripture uses exactly the same wording you are using to say Jesus is the Father Himself. But are ignoring the WE WILL BE ONE IN HIM ALSO.
Trinity does come from Catholics after all.
Come away from that please.
You seem to have enough knowledge to make that step.
Do it and you will never look back.

M

MaggieMye

This whole thing is confusing. You take the scripture and then inferr to "Holy Spirit" takes the place of 'the word'.

Just WHAT is the point you are trying to make??

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Hi Devolution,

Your argument does not stand as you percieve it.

Christ is the 'word' John tells us this very clearly. So how can he engraft Himself into Himself?

The 'word' John uses for Jesus, is notan ideology a philosophy nor thought, but a personal being, and it is for this reason your argument falls!

Jul 30, 2010

Your argument does not stand as you percieve it.

Christ is the 'word' John tells us this very clearly. So how can he engraft Himself into Himself?

The 'word' John uses for Jesus, is notan ideology a philosophy nor thought, but a personal being, and it is for this reason your argument falls!

Of course it's not possible. Thats exactly what devo was saying!

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
I am relating to the point were he may be confusing the issue realting to The 'word'. I don't think you caught that but it's Ok :)

And the Fact that most of the discourse is rambling and nonsensicall to anyone!