Equally yoked

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The teachers aren’t getting enough pay. They have to do everyone’s job when they are out and it’s not just every blue moon. It’s just about every day. It’s making subs want to quit because they aren’t getting breaks and teachers want to find work elsewhere or even online so they don’t have to deal with the burdens of being overworked to run a school.
librarians get even less in schools
teachers fob off their jobs they don't want to do on librarians...we support them but aren't given enough hours. The school system isn't set up to give students/children adequate break times, when they could do 4 days on, 3 days off instead of cram everything inside 4 terms of 9-10 weeks.

But then what do I know, I don't run the place.

Nov 27, 2023
The way they keep changing how they would learn something is even crazier, but whether I run the place or not, I still want to make sure things change. Or at least I’m most certainly gonna try!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The way they keep changing how they would learn something is even crazier, but whether I run the place or not, I still want to make sure things change. Or at least I’m most certainly gonna try!
now children dont learn their ABCs its now their dipthongs and its not in any order
Drives teachers nuts

Oct 30, 2023
I've forgotten, what is eschatology again?

Is it, I will be going straight to heaven while you are in purgatory kind of thing.
Eschatology is the study of end times.

Oct 30, 2023
We always hear the warning about being unequally yoked but...is anyone equally yoked and what does that actually look like.
What things do you look for or how do you know when someone is your equal?
Is it just, you partner is also a christian and thats all they need to be, or do they have to be the same age, height. weight, profession, skin colour, eye colour, culture, blood type, GPA, IQ, bank balance, have the same interests, speak the same langauge, wear the exact same brand sneakers or what??
I believe it to be marriage with an unbeliever.

2Cor 6:14 Be not diversely yoked with unbelievers; for what participation [is there] between righteousness and lawlessness? or what fellowship of light with darkness?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I believe it to be marriage with an unbeliever.

2Cor 6:14 Be not diversely yoked with unbelievers; for what participation [is there] between righteousness and lawlessness? or what fellowship of light with darkness?
It probably includes other associations as well; for example, going into business with unbelievers.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
It probably includes other associations as well; for example, going into business with unbelievers.
yea like busines partnerships
isnt being yoked about working together..like the oxen did. The oxen werent married, they were just working.

In Many marriages the husband does not actually work with the wife, they have separate jobs. Or one has a job and the other doesnt. Thats gotta grate on the one that has a job, doing all the work while the one who doesnt just sits around or takes a free ride!

Dec 8, 2023
Lubbock, Texas
We always hear the warning about being unequally yoked but...is anyone equally yoked and what does that actually look like.
Is it just, you partner is also a christian and thats all they need to be, or do they have to be the same age, height. weight, profession, skin colour, eye colour, culture, blood type, GPA, IQ, bank balance, have the same interests, speak the same langauge, wear the exact same brand sneakers or what??
I would think being unequally yoked means believing in ways that do not align, having different viewpoints on life, etc. I think two people need to have more in common than just a belief in GOD. Being an autistic person most people have no idea how hard it is to find a like-minded individual.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I would think being unequally yoked means believing in ways that do not align, having different viewpoints on life, etc. I think two people need to have more in common than just a belief in GOD. Being an autistic person most people have no idea how hard it is to find a like-minded individual.
aren't there lots of autistic support groups now
You can find them online?

I've found that its very hard to find a like-minded individual in all areas, I may have things in common with someone but be totally different in other areas, or they may be much older or younger, or even if the same age as me as in my school peer group, or class, everyone was different, and as you go through life you may change your viewpoint/mind on certain things. Some people are very fixed in their thinking, others are more fluid.

Some people are very opinionated, and others don't have any opinion at all (or not drawn into having one) I'm not sure what can be more annoying, and its very unlikely you'll ever find someone with the exact same views/background as yourself, even in your own family.

Christians don't just have a belief in God, they believe in his son Jesus, because Jews believe in God but not Jesus, and muslims believe God is Allah, and Hindus believe in God (or many Gods) but their concept of God is quite different from the God we know.

However I have learned that some Christians while believing in Jesus then come to blows over doctrines, or tongues, or baptism, church politics or a thousand other things that cause great dissent in Christian circles. Its just neverending...you find one thing in common then a bunch of other things that are different!

with marriages I think it ends up the most couples have in common are their children lol.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
If one child is naughty, the parent tends to blame that naughty behaviour on the OTHER parent lol
If both are agreed or not at fault then its like 'thats not our child' or...they have to admit the child has a mind of their own...many parents seem to expect their children to be clones of themselves...

Mosie

May 30, 2022
I think it means to have the same values, and grow together in the future. Biblically it means that the person should be a Christian like you are and be the same maturity level.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think it means to have the same values, and grow together in the future. Biblically it means that the person should be a Christian like you are and be the same maturity level.
maturity level is a big problem for most.

You can look not your age and then be with someone much much older but they act really young.

I suppose if you are autistic there may be some milestones you may never reach because your body or brain is not equipped to connect.

It's true some people never really grow up, or they are emotionally stunted.

I also think maybe it depends on what age you are born again. Some people never have that born again experience and you find out later they have just pretended all along they are Christian.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Is anyone here non-denominational

Or post-denominational. I find denominations can be problematic. I have friends from all different churches and find the whole 'I stay with one my whole life, claim its the best while ragging on all the others' thing a bit childish.

bdids_76

Dec 29, 2023
I am a widower. I do want to be married again, this time, to a woman who loves Jesus more than me, who understands that God sees us one flesh and together we serve the Lord. I trust God to choose my future mate for me. He knows me better than I do and He knows who would be the perfect match.

bdids_76

Dec 29, 2023
Is anyone here non-denominational

Or post-denominational. I find denominations can be problematic. I have friends from all different churches and find the whole 'I stay with one my whole life, claim its the best while ragging on all the others' thing a bit childish.
I am non-denominational. Denominations are sometimes legalistic. I am connected to JGLM Ministries (jglm.org) out of Dallas. I host, what they call a Life Team, in my home (in NC). I like to call it a home church. It is more a discussion than a service. No podium.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I am non-denominational. Denominations are sometimes legalistic. I am connected to JGLM Ministries (jglm.org) out of Dallas. I host, what they call a Life Team, in my home (in NC). I like to call it a home church. It is more a discussion than a service. No podium.
I had to look up what JGLM ministries is...it stands for John G Lake Ministry ...which to me is a denomination since its named after someone. I dont know why people name ministries after themselves? Am I of Apollos, or of Paul etc.