Exploring

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 4, 2022
be welcomed here Christ-in-me! as Kireina said, just click and explore!
there's a forum list that shows all the recent topics on the homepage
When you hit the 'reply' button on a post, it is 'the copy' of the post you are 'replying to' that will show up at the top when you hit the 'post reply' button. HINT - DON'T TYPE IN IT. DON'T CHANGE IT. DON'T DO ANYTHING BUT TYPE BENEATH IT. NOT YELLING, JUST letting you know that it can cause problems so put a little bit of space between it and the start of your reply.

WHEN you find there is just a single part of a post you wish to reply to , you can 'highlight' just that one section and a 'quote' box will show up to click. Then when you reply, instead of the whole post being brought forward, just that section will be. It's nice for isolating something you want to discuss. To highlight, left click over all you wish to highlight and hit the "B" in the task bar above, click it again when you want the bold to go away.

B - Bold I - slanty U - underline S - mark thru The little 'tear drop' icon is to change the color the A is to change the font from this to this or maybe this or that and the T is for changing the size of the text and you can mix and match them for all different effects.

Took me long time to do those things, so just in case...

I DON'T insert links or Insert images, so someone else will need to explain those but the smiley face brings us all sorts of thoughts and comments that help make some of your points. Just hover the pointer over them and they will tell you what they are for :).

BY THE WAY, people consider CAPITOL LETTERS TO BE YELLING, so if you are not yelling, then try and keep them to a minimum. (I personally get reprimanded all the time because I have/had been typing with capitol letters FOR EMPHASIS for years and years before I knew there was a RULE, so I have to go back and correct all my pages. Lots of times I don't mind going back (proof reading anyways) and retyping but sometimes I just don't feel like it, so the reprimands)

I am super cautious and so am super slow when it comes to doing new things. So, I will help where I can, but I am not that far ahead of you now, just so you know. BUT, I am VERY VERY PROUD of you. 89 and on a computer...still making new brain paths!!! THAT my friend, is huge as far as I am concerned because that means you started on a computer when you were 50 or 60? That is awesome. I don't think the young people today understand the insanely rapid changes that have taken place in the last 100 years and how up until that time changes came at a snails pace almost.

Anyway, if this doesn't help you, I hope it helps someone else. Again, GOD BLESS you...see you in the forums...
by clicking the big "Christian Chat" icon in the upper left corner of the page or click "Christian Forums" at the top middle of the page and you can change your profile preferences by clicking on your little icon in the upper right hand corner and view the different settings.
happy CC-ing!! 🎉
Thank you Cabby, praise God I am getting the hang of doing things in CC but not yet confident. Tha

Jul 4, 2022
Thank you Bro Kleronomos, you’re post was very helpful. And I took delight in meeting someone who understands the enormity of the digital changes that have taken place and therefore how difficult it is for old diehards to manage. Seriously, I wish the CC site had an introductory page or two to explain the system quirks that existed. For instance the difference between “reply” and “post reply” etc. Thanks for making a good attempt to help me to really move ahead. I am still fuzzy minded about many things.

Dec 15, 2021
Thank you Bro Kleronomos, you’re post was very helpful. And I took delight in meeting someone who understands the enormity of the digital changes that have taken place and therefore how difficult it is for old diehards to manage. Seriously, I wish the CC site had an introductory page or two to explain the system quirks that existed. For instance the difference between “reply” and “post reply” etc. Thanks for making a good attempt to help me to really move ahead. I am still fuzzy minded about many things.

I will help you where I can. And I have no problem explaining the same thing but in DIFFERENT ways because I have found I don't always learn the way something is being taught, ESPECIALLY when it comes to technology. SO DON'T worry about asking the same things again and again. I remember HOW completely lost I was and it took me ALOT to figure it out. BUT know that once it does, it is really easy. It's just that brain thing. Making new paths in an old brain is so much harder than in new ones. I have complete sympathy. You are not bothering me in any way shape or form. Have you made it to the BDF? (Bible discussion forum).

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Praise the Lord everyone, I am a newbie, not quite certain how to go about sharing, but keen to do so.
I am a committed Christian from New Delhi in India. I am 88 years old (or young) and live alone. I thrive on the Word of God and would like to fellowship with believers but not quite sure how to go about the way. Can someone guide me?
Looks like you're all set, welcome to the fellowship!

Jul 4, 2022
Thanks for the welcome. Where can I read your testimony in Christ?

Jul 4, 2022
So that I can encourage myself from the realities of your blessed testimony.