Express vs Repress

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jordache

I have a real problem with naturally expressing emotion. I learned long ago that I couldn't feel, so I repressed all negative emotion and gave myself to a miserable life because I knew it wouldn't ever get better. I never knew I was feeling anything negative then. What does that mean today? It means I get hurt very easily but stuff it away most of the time before I even have a chance at feeling it. I find myself "rationalizing" hurtful things by telling myself Im just being too sensitive. Is that really rationalization? I am overly sensitive. I don't know how to express negative emotion. I fear abandonment if I tell someone they hurt me. Or worse yet, I fear the humiliation of someone telling me its really my fault for being too sensitive.
Jesus, help!

Sep 8, 2012
No one's going to take you out of His hands Jordache.
It ain't gonna happen.
We all have insecurities, we all get hurt.
You are no different than the rest of us.
There is nothing wrong with being sensitive.
Don't worry about being let down.
Don't worry about other people thinking you let them down.
That's just the way life works.
(That's what makes Jesus so great) - He takes up the slack.

If you enter a room with people in it, can you talk to everyone at the same time?
Can they all talk to you at the same time?
Does everyone say exactly the right thing to each other?
No to all three.

Give love.
You want help then you give love.
It's that simple.

No part of your life has been wasted.
It's all a journey, and you haven't failed......(you're not failing now).
And you're NOT GONNA FAIL!

Who do you think Jesus is? He's had His hand on you this whole time.
He makes it all right.
He's made you right.
No one gonna take you out of His hand you know?
That ain't a happening thing.

Jun 18, 2013
Love yourself Jordache, you are more precious to the Father. Pray that his Holy Spirit, work on you, then you can love others too, as the Father has loved you.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Hugs Jordace, Just keep trusting in Jesus, for it is all about learning and healing in Him. :)
You remain in my prayers in Jesus.

God bless
pickles