Facebook: Good or Bad Experiences

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

CheekyGeeky

I used to use FB a few years ago and then I just got tired of all the drama that I was seeing, so I just deleted it all and haven't used it in a couple of years. The other things that was the straw that broke the camels back was that it got hacked and that was a nightmare and when I finally got control of it again I just decided to stop altogether. Maybe I'll go back to it, but for now I'm happy to not have to deal with it.

JGuy

Apr 18, 2013
Referring to it as "FaceBook" sounds so cozy - doesn't it?

I wonder how people would feel if people regularly called it by what it is:
"Hey friend, would you like to open an account with the Surrender-To-Us-Your-Personal-&-Private-Information Company? It's so wonderful - trust me - and they promise to allow you to share that information with other friends you will feed/bring to them too!" :p

As you might guess, I don't use FaceBook. And I have no difficulty keeping in touch with friends and family. Granted, I miss out on all the fun minutia of everyone's lives. Like, what they ate on any one particular day...etc... But I'll find something to do in it's place. Like, maybe get some exercise or experience a little bit of life outside the home. :cool:

Last edited:
J

jdublin

I have had fb and as a Christian I think it's not good especially if you have non christian friends on it personally it leads into temptation eg people contacting you to go out for drinks which leads into other things then on the other hand it's good for witnessing. It's a personal thing depends how strong you are in your walk with Christ

S

selenah

Facebook: What effect has it had on your life ?
What do you think of it ?
Have you tried using Facebook and left ? Why ?

facebook is okay. Hasn't really had an effect on my life. It definitely adds a little stress though you know with what people will think about your posts and friends etc.

May 3, 2013
I have use it a couple of time. It was my way to publish some notes i left there, to be seen by those who remember my name, but I left.

When trying it i learned more of me and about peoples "social" behavior.

It served me to see how some people wanted to be hooked, lured away or how some do enjoy playing the bait jail (it does matter how old these were).

it was useful but no more, for me.

Jun 10, 2014
Facebook: What effect has it had on your life ?
What do you think of it ?
Have you tried using Facebook and left ? Why ?

Really didn't have an effect so none really other then connecting with some old friends.

I think it's basically a glorified email address atleast the way I use it anyway.

I have used it and I wouldn't say I left, but I go periods without being bothered to look at it.

All that being said like any tool I think it depends on how you use it. I have seen some people get plain retarded with their FB accounts and as long as they stick to their page it's fine. They bring it to mine I simply warn once and delete next if being nice doesn't work out for me. So I think it just depends on the maturity level of the people behind the keyboard.

May 3, 2013
I had it since 2009 but deleted it within this past month because of conflicts with my mom. From what I have seen and experienced, it has divided families along with friendships being broken. I know for a fact when I had my Facebook, my mom would get mad when I would block her from seeing some of my posts because she would get overly concerned. Then she would do the guilt trips because I blocked her. It brought a whole mess. Eventually, I thought it would solve all my problems if I simply added my close friends from there to Skype. However, now she thinks I have blocked her on Facebook still. It is what it is. Personally for me though, I have experienced negative situations.
I had a Colombian friend living in Canada who made the mistake of telling her niece "I'm going to kill you" and this sued the one in Canada, by a court in California and this friend I had was prohibited to enter USA... Great division!

Although I can admit I personally met three women there I was in love with.

May 3, 2013
hope this help any:

[video=youtube;CWPZCIEvtmo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CWPZCIEvtmo[/video]