Favorite Book in the Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 30, 2022
Just going through the answers attests to the difficulty of the question. Many times our favorite book is the one we've just read or the one most pertinent to our present circumstances.
Having said that I really enjoy the book of Isaiah. It contains 66 chapters. The Bible has 66 books. The first 39 deal generally with judgements as do the 39 OT books. The last 27 chapters speak of grace and salvation as do the 27 books of the NT. And it is so full of Messianic references it is sometimes called the 5th gospel.
But it's nice to have a question where there are literally no wrong answers.
I like how all that lines up! I also like the layout as well! I am going to get to Isaiah very soon, and I can't wait to enjoy the book!

Aug 30, 2022
That's another good question👍.

Obviously that he is our saviour (Mark 10:45) and that he came to seek the lost, not just seek but save them (Luke 19:10). For he seen the people where like sheep without a shephard (Mark 6:34) for Jesus himself is the good shephard (psalm 23; John 10:11-18).

So when Jesus says :

Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life (John 6:47)

I respond in prayerful faith like the father of the demon psossed child:

I believe; help my unbelief!” (Mark 9:24).

He's my Saviour,
He's my good Shephard,
He's my bread of life that sustains,guides and satisfies me (John 6:35).
He is the Word that brings life (John 1).

Anyhow he is my all in all (Colossians 3:10).

But my favourite thing is that Jesus being God - took on flesh, lived a sinless life (1 Peter 2:22), bore my sins on the cross (being a curse unto the law) (Galatians 3:13).

Through his obedience, life, death and resurrection I by faith in his grace am reconciled to God, like the prodigal son (Luke 15:11; 2 Corinthians 5:18).

Or like this.

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.

What heights of love, what depths of peace When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My comforter, my all in all
Here in the love of Christ I stand

(from the hymn 'In Christ Alone')
I really love those! It sounds like Jesus is a really well written person! I would love to read more and get to learn about him!

Aug 30, 2022
I like the gospels. Seems like they all contain something the others don’t, but who wrote it the best? In my opinion John did the best job of explaining the gospel, but Matthew did the best job of recording the parables and various other teachings of Jesus. So I like Matthew and John the best.
Oh! That's good to know! I am sure to get there very soon after the Old Testament!

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
I really love those! It sounds like Jesus is a really well written person! I would love to read more and get to learn about him!

I hope you don't mind me asking Mike what have you read in the Bible, and who is Jesus to you?

Aug 30, 2022
It's fine, I am on Wisdom now. I am really enjoying it so far, but it is quite large. Not as large as Psalms, but it takes time.
To answer the second question, I see Jesus to be an influential figure who lead people towards an expansion of Judaism, known as Christianity. He was a key part in expanding the lore of the Bible, and the stories about him are really amazing.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It's fine, I am on Wisdom now. I am really enjoying it so far, but it is quite large. Not as large as Psalms, but it takes time.
Are you aware that Wisdom is one of the Deuterocanonical books of the Bible?

As such it is not considered inspired unless perhaps you are Roman Catholic, or Orthodox.

Aug 30, 2022
Are you aware that Wisdom is one of the Deuterocanonical books of the Bible?

As such it is not considered inspired unless perhaps you are Roman Catholic, or Orthodox.
What does Deuterocanonical mean? And what does it have to do with Catholics or Orthodox?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
God says we get a Blessing when we read the Book of Revelation. So I'll go with that one.
I'm with PennEd on this one! :)

Revelation 3
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Revelation 19-22 are just mind-blowing...

Revelation 19
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Revelation 20
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Revelation 21
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Revelation 22
1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
6 And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.
7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

>

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Yes! My OT fav....

Isaiah 55
1 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
2 Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

>

Mar 4, 2020
Oh! That's good to know! I am sure to get there very soon after the Old Testament!
Awesome. Do you find the Bible exciting to read? I sure do. Might I suggest you also listen to the Bible in audio format as well?

If you’re too busy to just sit down and read, but you need to do other things, maybe put your headphones on and listen to the Bible as you go about your day. You can also listen while you’re driving, working out, on lunch break at work, or before sleeping.

If you didn’t already know, YouTube and the Bible app have the Bible in audio format in many versions and languages. You can also refine your search by topic or maybe one day you need a reminder of all of God’s promises to give you a boost. Just an idea.

Aug 30, 2022
Awesome. Do you find the Bible exciting to read? I sure do. Might I suggest you also listen to the Bible in audio format as well?

If you’re too busy to just sit down and read, but you need to do other things, maybe put your headphones on and listen to the Bible as you go about your day. You can also listen while you’re driving, working out, on lunch break at work, or before sleeping.

If you didn’t already know, YouTube and the Bible app have the Bible in audio format in many versions and languages. You can also refine your search by topic or maybe one day you need a reminder of all of God’s promises to give you a boost. Just an idea.
Yeah! That would help! I just prefer to read it, that's all.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Has to be...

The Revelation of Jesus Christ...

Sep 13, 2022
Hi there! I love reading the Bible and want to ask what is everyone's favorite book in the Bible?
I like all of the Word of God but especially the book of John. He portrays Jesus for whom he truly was. God in the flesh and makes it very plain in John 3 how we can obtain salvation.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I like all of the Word of God but especially the book of John. He portrays Jesus for whom he truly was. God in the flesh and makes it very plain in John 3 how we can obtain salvation.
what about the rest like John 5 ? Do the two exclude one another or go together for a deeper understanding ?

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭

does that sentance omit this one ? Or are we supposed to add the two together for a more complete understsnding like any subject ?

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

we don’t want to say I believe in Jesus therefore I don’t need to hear what he said to believers “

We want to let the scriptures guide our faith “ I believe Jesus is the son of God died for my sins and rose the third day , I believe God sent Jesus to give believers eternal Life

“Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:29‬ ‭

so I should believe what he had to say not only in a verse in John 3 or pauls epistle but in everything he said because

“Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:37‬ ‭

We say we’ll wait Jesus came to die not to speak the truth , no it’s both we add them together not subtract them and replace each other

we believe in Jesus and are born in him then we’re supposed to learn from him and grow in faith until we steer bekng able to hear this stuff and believe it also because we’re saying our faith is in the one who’s saying it to ignore it becomes a contradiction

“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

( and as we grow we can hear more )

Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:31-32, 51‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We have to read the whole chapters and get away from mine verse supposedly covering it all and excluding anything else

it’s like any subject once you learn what numbers are in math you let that be true and the. Lesrn more you don’t forget what the numbers mean and replace it with math or it won’t make sense you have to forst let the numbers mean what they mean then the math will make sense it’s addition not subtraction

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
it would have to be the book of John. it's what I read over and over.. love.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
It seems to me that God guides my scripture reading, so where he guides is just the scripture I need, and it becomes my favorite.

The Psalms brings me closest to understanding and praising God. Genesis is like being given the foundation of all of God and our world. John is wonderful fir explaining what Christ means to us. Paul, the genius Christian rabbi, is frustrating, but when I understand it feels as if I climbed a high mountain.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
What does Deuterocanonical mean? And what does it have to do with Catholics or Orthodox?
Deuterocanonical is a term coined in 1566 by the theologian Sixtus of Siena, a
convert to Catholicism from Judaism, to describe Scriptural texts considered
canonical by the Catholic Church, but which recognition was considered "secondary."
Catholic and Orthodox may accept them as inspired when they never were originally.
Some Bibles have more than 66 books, and that would be why (the inclusion of uninspired texts).
Don't believe the lie that they were taken out when they were not included in the first place ;):)