feel like giving up

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

Usavedm3

This year has been the worst year of my life. My husband was recently ordained as an Elder, but every since he has been hanging out with his old friends, drinking, smoking and partying. He has never been that type of man since he decided to except his call to ministry. Its as if a demonic spirit has come over him, trying to make him believe that this is the real him. He has even been sneaking of with an ex, he has left me and my daughter and wants a divorce. I recently moved to his home town and 6 months after he is trying to leave us.I feel so stupid bcuz I am doing all I can to save my marriage. We been going to counceling, but it like his heart is hardened to everything he's ever stood for and to God's word. At what point do I just give up, I believed so much that God would turn this around, I'm loosing faith and ready to give up. I just can't see why God would want my family to be split up. Please pray for my strength, my daughter is what keeps me moving.

Oct 12, 2013
This year has been the worst year of my life. My husband was recently ordained as an Elder, but every since he has been hanging out with his old friends, drinking, smoking and partying. He has never been that type of man since he decided to except his call to ministry. Its as if a demonic spirit has come over him, trying to make him believe that this is the real him. He has even been sneaking of with an ex, he has left me and my daughter and wants a divorce. I recently moved to his home town and 6 months after he is trying to leave us.I feel so stupid bcuz I am doing all I can to save my marriage. We been going to counceling, but it like his heart is hardened to everything he's ever stood for and to God's word. At what point do I just give up, I believed so much that God would turn this around, I'm loosing faith and ready to give up. I just can't see why God would want my family to be split up. Please pray for my strength, my daughter is what keeps me moving.
I don't know why you want to stay in the first place with such a man. This situation is sapping your strength and if you stay, you will get ill. Then where would it leave your daughter without a mom?
No man is worth that. Wake up before it is too late.
If God wants this marriage to split up, He has good reason. It is not a holy marriage.
I just can't understand why a woman would let herself be walked on. The idiot wants leave, good riddance after bad rubbish. You don't have a marriage. My advice is leave before you become ill.

F

felicecan

hold on..God is still sovereign and His plans and purposes will always be for your good.
just tell God exactly how you feel. I'll keep you in my prayers though.

L

letti

This,does not lessen any pain,but you aren't alone.I really would go about this careful.extra prayer and having others pray for you.Bad marriages can drain the life right out of you.You deserve to be loved,and this isn't loving,he could change,just be careful to not be naive either.Sometimes,it will work,and other times its best to just move on.I am sure the good Lord has a plan for you,one where you will be loved with or without him.

M

marrion

your husband seems to think that this promotion gives him the right to live a sinful life and be irresponsible when in fact it should have made him more responsible because he will be held at a greater accountability level on judgement day because of his position.
Very disappointing to see this kind of thing happen.
Yu seem like a strong woman so my advice would be to encourage and strengthen yourself in the Lord and pray for him because he is in danger of hellfire if he does not repent.
Keep being a Godly wife to him and don't let the situation prevent you from being a Godly woman.
I will pray for you.

adsd

May 4, 2013
i will add you to my prayers. stay in prayer i know how hard that can be, God will answer you and you will hear him no one else. 12 years of 16 my husband had become horrible name calling just mean wake me up in the middle of the night to torcher me with awful words degrade me in front our 10 kids and there friends and family. i lost faith hope etc. i thought God left me when i realized i hit bottom and only had God to turn to. He kept me with him God wanted him to. i stayed in prayer (thought i was crazy) then just this past 2 years all of a sudden the change came and last month he was baptized. please listen to God not the negative. God built my faith and strength.

N

ngmoody

I will pray for you. I am young and never been married so i can offer that much advice.
I would do what the bible says.
Go to him in private and tell him he has.
If not go to church, grab another decon/pastor and tell him to seek forgiveness. If he does not then shun him like the tax collector.
Not sure of the verse and hope i did not mis-interpurt the scripture. If i did, forgive me.

L

Lindasue

You are in my prayer's and your family. God Bless you

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
You, your husband and daughter are in my daily prayers in Jesus for all comfort, streangth, healing and Gods glory in your lives.

hugs and God bless
pickles

W

Water1944

I am so sorry. I have been where you are.I'm praying for you. Hugs hugs hugs hugs

U

Usavedm3

i will add you to my prayers. stay in prayer i know how hard that can be, God will answer you and you will hear him no one else. 12 years of 16 my husband had become horrible name calling just mean wake me up in the middle of the night to torcher me with awful words degrade me in front our 10 kids and there friends and family. i lost faith hope etc. i thought God left me when i realized i hit bottom and only had God to turn to. He kept me with him God wanted him to. i stayed in prayer (thought i was crazy) then just this past 2 years all of a sudden the change came and last month he was baptized. please listen to God not the negative. God built my faith and strength.

Thank u, some people just say Just leave him, its not worth it. But I want to do what God wants me to do. I believe that when we make it through this we will be able to help a lot of other couples. All I've been doing is praying for him. But seeing no change in him makes me doubt, because I know he knows better, but it's like something else has came over him. I still believe that God can turn myssituation around.

4Hizcall

Praying for you and your daughter :( *hugs*!!

U

udongo

Don't you ever give up ,God is on your side though your sky may look so darkness if you never receive .the heart of your husband is in the hand of God and the God like he will turn it. I pray that all the spirit controling his life be destroy in Jesus name