*flips hair* AND I can pump my own gas too!: Question for the male species

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GRA

You should've seen the looks I got when I changed my own tire. ;)

yeah, I think it's just uncommon. Which, to me seems silly because what if there isn't anyone around to rescue you? Then what? But being rescued is nice...even if I do know how to do it myself. :)

Yay for knowing how to do stuff!
Yes -- there are various things that I would certainly want for my wife / girlfriend to know how and be able to do - just in case she had to; however, I would not want her to have to do it if I was anywhere around... :D

:)

G

GRA

I learned a very important lesson about being "rescued". If a very nice looking guy stops to help push you out when stuck in the snow during a blizzard, be sure your parking brake is not on. :D Did I tell him? Ummm..nope ;)

I know what you mean though, arwen. When men find out about my weapons collections or I talk about the most vulnerable spots on the human body, they kinda look at me funny too. :rolleyes:

What really annoys me: When I'm playing baseball or volleyball and a guy won't play his own position. grrrr :D But I've learned that they are usually trying to impress you when they do that. :D
Jullianna - you should start a self-defense information & technique thread --- put it in the womens forum --- teach the ladies how to defend themselves against bodily attacks... :D :cool: ( REAL ones, ladies - training subject to maintaining self-control - don't be inflicting undeserved "pain and agony" on your husband / boyfriend... ;) haha )

:)

J

Jullianna

I think Elizabeth should teach it :)

A

agirlandherguitar

Question to you guys....

I was outside my house, refilling the motor oil in my car and WOW the amount of stares that I received from guys passing by. Whaaa...there is a GIRL under the hood!? Did I enter the twilight zone?! What is with men being fascinated with a girl being able to pump her own gas, squeegee her own windows, or perform regular maintenance on a car!? :confused:
It was probably the bikini you were wearing while you were doing it.

I'm kidding! I know nothing about cars. I bus everywhere. It's a different world on a bus then in a car.

I don't think I do anything considered "manly" by society. Although as somebody else mentioned I used to be killer at video games. One time I battled this really cocky guy at Smash Bros. at a 30 Hour Famine. He claimed to be the best at Kirby and I told him I was pretty good so he challenged me. It was close but I whipped him good in front of his frat friends, tossed the controller over my shoulder and strutted out of there like a baws. Needless to say he didn't talk to me for the remaining hours.

Kirby-Image-kirby-5559811-503-351.gif

A

arwen83

I'm kidding! I know nothing about cars. I bus everywhere. It's a different world on a bus then in a car.

I don't think I do anything considered "manly" by society. Although as somebody else mentioned I used to be killer at video games. One time I battled this really cocky guy at Smash Bros. at a 30 Hour Famine. He claimed to be the best at Kirby and I told him I was pretty good so he challenged me. It was close but I whipped him good in front of his frat friends, tossed the controller over my shoulder and strutted out of there like a baws. Needless to say he didn't talk to me for the remaining hours.

View attachment 53236
agirlandherguitar's male friend's ego..... K.O.'d!!!!!

images9.jpg

Feb 18, 2013
The moral of this thread is that gurlz r kool and boyz needz 2 git used 2 it.

A

arwen83

View attachment 53236
Do we know each other? LOL. I participated with a few girls and a fraternity for a 30hr famine, I am most certain we played video games to pass the time. What part of our great nation are you from?

A

AmmiAmmiel

Well, for me the fascination comes from my ignorance about cars lol. But in general, I'd say it's probably the thought of toughness that attracts. A tough yet soft girl is highly esteemed by us.