Focus issues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
I feel that alcohol helps me to focus. Idk but alot of people say getting drunk is a sin but I feel it helps me focus. Not sure what my problem is.

Feb 7, 2017
Get drunk is not good, however you define "drunk"

i don't know what you are drinking but if you are like me, a lil on the hyper side = the sugar may be calming you down much like Ridlin (spelling) ?

make sure that the enemy is not putting that thought into your head!! This is coming form an ex addicte ! I had every excuse to party . . . I mean to focus on what I wanted! No judgement here, my faith and sobriety goes up and down and in and out. Last April He kicked my buttt again and I'm here with only 2 months completely sober!

Lord, I ask that her path would open up to her calling! Lord, You know the key to her heart and you know her personality and how she thinks so You can have her attention. Let her see your love in Jesus name, amen

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord please help umzza, to follow you and walk according to your wills, please bless with your knowledge and wisdom, Lord please bless umzza and this prayer request, in Jesus gracious name, Amen!

Dec 19, 2009
I feel that alcohol helps me to focus. Idk but alot of people say getting drunk is a sin but I feel it helps me focus. Not sure what my problem is.
Yes, getting drunk is a sin.

KBond

Jun 5, 2013
I have gotten drunk many times, but I was convicted of it and made a commitment to God and stopped. I feel like the Lord helped me to do this and remain sober by making it less fun. Once you are out of the "bad habit," it becomes easy to see how harmful it is to your relationship with God, your relationship with others, and your health. I pray God will help you to see alcohol as He sees it and to see how much God cares about you and wants to help you. I pray God will help you to focus and enjoy success with the Holy Spirit instead of alcohol.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Yes, getting drunk is a sin.
It is along with

Galatians 5:19-21
Results of the Sinful Nature
When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Whatever our weakness is, the consequences are the same for us and those around us.

We tend to grade sin, truth is in the eyes of God sin is sin.

Truth is we can't grade sin, Jesus died full stop for our sins.

When we look at addictions drugs/aclochol top the list and we become quick to judge.

Yet we don't judge things like addiction to caffeine, I need my coffee before I can function, addiction to food, addiction to shopping and so on.

Yes getting drunk can lead us down a route that causes further sins, like being promiscuous, getting into fights.

All of the above mentioned in Galatians and Corinthians lead to further sins that have consequences for those we sin against.

If I cheat someone once, then I can do it again, in doing so we are sinning against the person we have cheated.

I think if we truly knew that we were once like this but are cleansed and trust in Jesus to be set free then we can walk in that freedom. I also believe that if we still struggle and don't want to walk this way then we are still a child of the Father and will spend eternity with him.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I don't know how much you drink.
A lot of people self medicate with alcohol but don't get drunk. It helps them relax or calm down.
Some people can drink 5 pints a night and not get drunk, some 2 pints a night and get drunk.

To me the issue is not how much you drink, eat, shop etc but why?

The reason for the cause is what needs to be dealt with and not the other way around.

To say to someone "Don't drink or don't do this" is not the answer to the cause. It just adds condemnation and we know that there is no condemnation for those in Christ.

The thing that needs to be addressed is Ok your doing this, why, whats going on in your mind whilst doing this.