For then shall be great tribulation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
they could try all they want, but if God is not in it. They will never have the peace God promised..
THEY WHO?

Joshua 21
43Thus the LORD gave to Israel all the land that he swore to give to their fathers. And they took possession of it, and they settled there. 44And the LORD gave them rest on every side just as he had sworn to their fathers. Not one of all their enemies had withstood them, for the LORD had given all their enemies into their hands. 45Not one word of all the good promises that the LORD had made to the house of Israel had failed; all came to pass.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

John 20:19
On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!"

Hebrews 4
1Therefore, while the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us fear lest any of you should seem to have failed to reach it. 2For good news came to us just as to them, but the message they heard did not benefit them, because they were not united by faith with those who listened.a 3For we who have believed enter that rest, as he has said,

“As I swore in my wrath,
‘They shall not enter my rest,’”

although his works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4For he has somewhere spoken of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all his works.” 5And again in this passage he said,

“They shall not enter my rest.”

6Since therefore it remains for some to enter it, and those who formerly received the good news failed to enter because of disobedience, 7again he appoints a certain day, “Today,” saying through David so long afterward, in the words already quoted,

Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts.”

8For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken of another day later on. 9So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, 10for whoever has entered God’s rest has also rested from his works as God did from his.

11Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience. 12For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Jesus the Great High Priest
14Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Matthew 11:28
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Proverbs 8:36
But those who fail to find me harm themselves; all who hate me love death."

Y

Yourfriend4life

i find it helpful to remember " the biggest fires start with just a tiny spark"
it helps to keep from panicing for no real reason

E

eternally-gratefull

i find it helpful to remember " the biggest fires start with just a tiny spark"
it helps to keep from panicing for no real reason
as Gods children. we should never need to panic or resort to attacks and belittling to get our message out.. unfortunately. for thousands of years.. this has been the way people think God wants us to act.. and not the way Christ (as an example) showed us how to do it..

S

stek

If ANY of the inspired Writers understood a Secret Rapture of the Saints, WHY didn’t they mention it in these passages? Collectively they referred to His Appearing a DAY of the Lord, NOT a Rapture of the Church, as your Pastors are calling it. People in the churches who are following this teaching are typically focused solely on the entire End times Package, NOT Obeying the Lord or seeing anyone Saved from the Corrupting influence of Sin. They have embraced a TOTAL Fallacy of Doctrine and Teaching and the Present Condition of Professing Christians testifies to how far they have fallen into the depths of Satan.

curious why you don mention Matthew 24
[h=3]The Day and Hour Unknown[/h][SUP]36 [/SUP]“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[SUP][f][/SUP] but only the Father. [SUP]37 [/SUP]As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. [SUP]38 [/SUP]For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; [SUP]39 [/SUP]and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. [SUP]40 [/SUP]Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. [SUP]41 [/SUP]Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.
[SUP]42 [/SUP]“Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. [SUP]43 [/SUP]But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. [SUP]44 [/SUP]So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

Feb 21, 2012
<snip>

Joshua 21
43Thus the LORD gave to Israel all the land that he swore to give to their fathers. And they took possession of it, and they settled there. 44And the LORD gave them rest on every side just as he had sworn to their fathers. Not one of all their enemies had withstood them, for the LORD had given all their enemies into their hands. 45Not one word of all the good promises that the LORD had made to the house of Israel had failed; all came to pass.

<snip>
Jeremiah 50:17-20 Israel is a scattered flock that lions have chased away. The first to devour them was the king of Assyria; the last to crush their bones was Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon. Therefore this is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: I will punish the king of Babylon and his land as I punished the king of Assyria. But I will bring Israel back to their own pasture, and they will graze on Carmel and Bashan; their appetite will be satisfied on the hills of Ephraim and Gilead. In those days, at that time, declares the LORD, search will be made for Israel's guilt, but there will be none, and for the sins of Judah, but none will be found, for I will forgive the remnant I spare.

Ezekiel 11:16,17,19 Therefore say: This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Although I sent them far away among the nations and scattered them among the countries, yet for a little while I have been a sanctuary for them in the countries where they have gone. Therefore say: This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will gather you from the nations and bring you back from the countries where you have been scattered and I will give you back the land of Israel again. . .19) I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.

Amos 9:15 I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them, says the LORD your God.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Jeremiah 50:17-20 Israel is a scattered flock that lions have chased away. The first to devour them was the king of Assyria; the last to crush their bones was Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon. Therefore this is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: I will punish the king of Babylon and his land as I punished the king of Assyria. But I will bring Israel back to their own pasture, and they will graze on Carmel and Bashan; their appetite will be satisfied on the hills of Ephraim and Gilead. In those days, at that time, declares the LORD, search will be made for Israel's guilt, but there will be none, and for the sins of Judah, but none will be found, for I will forgive the remnant I spare.

Ezekiel 11:16,17,19 Therefore say: This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Although I sent them far away among the nations and scattered them among the countries, yet for a little while I have been a sanctuary for them in the countries where they have gone. Therefore say: This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will gather you from the nations and bring you back from the countries where you have been scattered and I will give you back the land of Israel again. . .19) I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.

Amos 9:15 I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them, says the LORD your God.
fulfilled.

E

eternally-gratefull

She will say it is fulfilled.

Remember, Forever does not mean forever.

either that, or it is not talking about Israel contrary to what scripture says, but the church. which was never promised any land.

just wait. you will see.

Feb 21, 2012
Nope - it hasn't been fulfilled.

Re-distribution of land after Israel is gathered from the nations and given back the land again:

Ezekiel 47:13 This is what the Sovereign LORD says: These are the boundaries of the land that you will divide among the twelve tribes of Israel as their inheritance, with two portionas for Joseph. You are to divide it equally among them. Because I swore with uplifted hand to give it to your ancestors, this land will become your inheritance.

48:1 At the northern frontier, Dan will have one portion;. . . .from the east side to the west side.
2 Asher will have one portion bordering the territory of Dan from east to west
3 Naphtali will have one portion bordering the territory of Asher from the east to west
4 Manasseh will have one portion bordering Naphtali from east to west
5 Ephraim will have one portion bordering the territory of Manasseh from east to west
6 Reuben will have one portion bordering the territory of Ephraim from east to west
7 Judah will have one portion bordering the territory of Reuben from east to west
8 Bordering the territory of Judah from east to west will be the portion you are to present as a special gift. It will be 25,000 cubits wide, and its length from east to west will equal one of the tribal portions; the sanctuary will be in the center of it. 9) The special portion you are to offer to the LORD. . .10) This will be the sacred portion for the priests. . .also the Levites will have an allotment 25,000 cubits long, 10,000 cubits wide. . . . .21) What remains on both sides of the area formed by the sacred portion and the property of the city will belong to the prince. . .22b) The area belonging to the prince will lie between the border of Judah and the border of Benjamin.
23 Benjamin will have one portion; from the east to the west
24 Simeon will have one portion bordering Benjamin from east to west
25 Issachar will have one portion bordering Simeon from east to west
26 Zebulun will have one portion bordering Issachar from east to west
27 Gad will have one portion bordering Zebulun from east to west
28 The southern boundary of Gad will run south. . . .
This is the land you are to allot as an inheritance to the tribes of Israel, and these will be their portions, declares the Sovereign LORD.

All these sections of land run in strips from east to west with a middle section alotted for the priest. This is a totally different distribution than what is in Joshua.

zone

Jun 13, 2010

i understand clearly that many teach and believe another gospel.
they belong to the cult of dispensationalism.

this cult has gutted Christ entirely from the Scriptures.
He is not believed to have accomplished the very thing He came to do.

they testify against the witness of Christ in the scriptures.
they have made an idol of a people/nation.

they just don't see Jesus in Scripture, nor do they care.
they appear to be without conviction by the Spirit, Who testifies of Jesus (not jews).

it has to be about headlines, and polititians, and Land, anything at all but Jesus of Nazareth.

what can be done for them?
who knows. they don't listen to other christians, and surely do not hear Christ's voice.
if they did they would never deny Him and His work before men the way they do.

Jeremiah 50:6
"My people have been lost sheep; their shepherds have led them astray and caused them to roam on the mountains. They wandered over mountain and hill and forgot their own resting place

Ezekeil 34:5
So they were scattered because there was no shepherd, and when they were scattered they became food for all the wild animals

Zechariah 10:2
For the household gods utter nonsense, and the diviners see lies; they tell false dreams and give empty consolation. Therefore the people wander like sheep; they are afflicted for lack of a shepherd.

Matthew 9:36
When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.

Matthew 14:14
When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick.

Mark 6:34
When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things.

Matthew 26
Institution of the Lord’s Supper

26Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to
the [jewish] disciples,
and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.” 27And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, 28fo
r this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out
for many for the forgiveness of sins

OH NO....HE DID NOT ACCOMPLISH ANY OF THAT FOR DANIEL'S PEOPLE BECAUSE A BUNCH OF JEWS SAID NO THANKS, and were CUT OFF.

so it's all NULL AND VOID, and there's some future deal. a PLAN B.

sorry Jesus...

some say you didn't do what you came to do...
FOR ISRAEL.

Last edited:

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Nope - it hasn't been fulfilled.

Re-distribution of land after Israel is gathered from the nations and given back the land again:

Ezekiel 47:13 This is what the Sovereign LORD says: These are the boundaries of the land that you will divide among the twelve tribes of Israel as their inheritance, with two portionas for Joseph. You are to divide it equally among them. Because I swore with uplifted hand to give it to your ancestors, this land will become your inheritance.

48:1 At the northern frontier, Dan will have one portion;. . . .from the east side to the west side.
2 Asher will have one portion bordering the territory of Dan from east to west
3 Naphtali will have one portion bordering the territory of Asher from the east to west
4 Manasseh will have one portion bordering Naphtali from east to west
5 Ephraim will have one portion bordering the territory of Manasseh from east to west
6 Reuben will have one portion bordering the territory of Ephraim from east to west
7 Judah will have one portion bordering the territory of Reuben from east to west
8 Bordering the territory of Judah from east to west will be the portion you are to present as a special gift. It will be 25,000 cubits wide, and its length from east to west will equal one of the tribal portions; the sanctuary will be in the center of it. 9) The special portion you are to offer to the LORD. . .10) This will be the sacred portion for the priests. . .also the Levites will have an allotment 25,000 cubits long, 10,000 cubits wide. . . . .21) What remains on both sides of the area formed by the sacred portion and the property of the city will belong to the prince. . .22b) The area belonging to the prince will lie between the border of Judah and the border of Benjamin.
23 Benjamin will have one portion; from the east to the west
24 Simeon will have one portion bordering Benjamin from east to west
25 Issachar will have one portion bordering Simeon from east to west
26 Zebulun will have one portion bordering Issachar from east to west
27 Gad will have one portion bordering Zebulun from east to west
28 The southern boundary of Gad will run south. . . .
This is the land you are to allot as an inheritance to the tribes of Israel, and these will be their portions, declares the Sovereign LORD.

All these sections of land run in strips from east to west with a middle section alotted for the priest. This is a totally different distribution than what is in Joshua.
so there will be a Levitical Priesthood, a Temple, animals sacrifices , and the Law again?

is that your proposition?

OF COURSE IT IS.

even though it's blasphemy.
course in your version, the Christians are in heaven or something like that?

why don't you talk to someone who reads hebrew - they can tell you it's picture language.

why don't you care about the Gospel and the the NT?

why don't any of you BELIEVE JESUS?

go to your FUN book Revelation and read about New Jerusalem.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
She will say it is fulfilled.

Remember, Forever does not mean forever.

either that, or it is not talking about Israel contrary to what scripture says, but the church. which was never promised any land.

just wait. you will see.

i know you don't believe Jesus came and paid for the sins of, and saved faithful Israel.
you don't believe anything about Him.
nothing at all.
He's a bit player for you.

Feb 21, 2012
i understand clearly that many teach and believe another gospel.
they belong to the cult of dispensationalism.

this cult has gutted Christ entirely from the Scriptures.
He is not believed to have accomplished the very thing He came to do.
Jesus Christ came to redeem us from the Law. I believe he did accomplish that.
they testify against the witness of Christ in the scriptures.
they have made an idol of a people/nation.
I do not worship Israel as a people or a nation but they have a lot to do with the history of the Bible and Israel as a people and a nation are included in the promises of God.
they just don't see Jesus in Scripture, nor do they care.
they appear to be without conviction by the Spirit, Who testifies of Jesus (not jews).
I see Jesus everywhere in Scripture from Genesis 3:15 to Revelation. There is prophecy fulfilled, the time when Christ walked the earth, and there is future prophecy to be fulfilled.
it has to be about headlines, and polititians, and Land, anything at all but Jesus of Nazareth.
Here you really are mistaken because I could care less about headlines, politicians, etc.
what can be done for them?
who knows. they don't listen to other christians, and surely do not hear Christ's voice.
if they did they would never deny Him and His work before men the way they do.

Jeremiah 50:6
"My people have been lost sheep; their shepherds have led them astray and caused them to roam on the mountains. They wandered over mountain and hill and forgot their own resting placeEzekeil 34:5
So they were scattered because there was no shepherd, and when they were scattered they became food for all the wild animals

Zechariah 10:2
For the household gods utter nonsense, and the diviners see lies; they tell false dreams and give empty consolation. Therefore the people wander like sheep; they are afflicted for lack of a shepherd.

Matthew 9:36
When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.

Matthew 14:14
When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick.

Mark 6:34
When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things.
I hope you know that each verse you quoted was concerning the lost sheep of Israel.. . .they were scattered but they will be given back the land of Israel again. . .and that is because it's a promise God made to them. They aren't to be worshipped or anything. . .its a completion of a promise.

Matthew 26
Institution of the Lord’s Supper

26Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to
the [jewish] disciples,
and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.” 27And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, 28fo
r this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out
for many for the forgiveness of sins

OH NO....HE DID NOT ACCOMPLISH ANY OF THAT FOR DANIEL'S PEOPLE BECAUSE A BUNCH OF JEWS SAID NO THANKS, and were CUT OFF.

so it's all NULL AND VOID, and there's some future deal. a PLAN B.

sorry Jesus...

some say you didn't do what you came to do...
FOR ISRAEL.
Jesus Christ accomplished everything that God sent him here to accomplish. Jesus Christ came to redeem mankind. My faith in Jesus Christ gives me eternal life. Because of his death and resurrection, I have been given the promise of being resurrected to live forever. . .

God is doing everything to fulfill his promises to the nation/people of Israel that he promised he would do. . .

if he didn't keep every promise to them. . .

what evidence do I have that he will keep his promise to me because if God fails in one promise. . . .then what?

E

eternally-gratefull

J
if he didn't keep every promise to them. . .

what evidence do I have that he will keep his promise to me because if God fails in one promise. . . .then what?

some people do not seem to understand the GREAT IMPORTANCE of what you just said, and how destructive some belief's are to the character of God..

Feb 21, 2012
so there will be a Levitical Priesthood, a Temple, animals sacrifices , and the Law again?

is that your proposition?

OF COURSE IT IS.

even though it's blasphemy.
course in your version, the Christians are in heaven or something like that?

why don't you talk to someone who reads hebrew - they can tell you it's picture language.
If it's all like a picture book then why didn't God just draw us pictures. . .lol (jk)
You already think you know what I believe so. . . . .

why don't you care about the Gospel and the the NT?

why don't any of you BELIEVE JESUS?

go to your FUN book Revelation and read about New Jerusalem.
To tell you the truth I never have liked Revelation (but there will be a new Jerusalem, that is if you believe the Bible is the Word of God). I just started studying this around January. . .it's pretty interesting but not my main goal. The Scripture as a whole should be studied, don't ya think?

What makes you think that I don't care about the Gospels? What makes you think I don't care about the Church Epistles? Do you see any threads that interest you. . .isn't that what you post on? Same goes for me!

Jan 11, 2013
To tell you the truth I never have liked Revelation !
I have always been careful to read through the NT book by book, always believing all the books should be read as much as the others. I have always been careful not to read particular books more than others-apart from Revelation that is. I guess I have only read that book four or five times

S

stek

Ezekial 47:13-23
The Land of Canaan is here secured to them for an inheritance (Ezekiel 47:14): I lifted up my hand to give it unto your fathers, that is, promised it upon oath to them and their posterity. Though the possession had been a great while discontinued, yet God had not forgotten his oath which he swore to their fathers. Though God's providences may for a time seem to contradict his promises, yet the promise will certainly take place at last, for God will be ever mindful of his covenant. I lifted up my hand to give it, and therefore it shall without fail fall to you for an inheritance. Thus the heavenly Canaan is sure to all the seed, because it is what God, who cannot lie, has promised. 2. It is here circumscribed, and the bounds and limits of it are fixed, which they must not pass over to encroach upon their neighbours and which their neighbours shall not break through to encroach upon them. We had such a draught of the borders of Canaan when Joshua was to put the people in possession of it, Numbers 34:1, &c. That begins with the salt sea in the south, goes round and ends there. This begins with Hamath about Damascus in the north, and so goes round and ends there, Ezekiel 47:20. Note, It is God that appoints the bounds of our habitation and his Israel shall always have cause to say that the lines have fallen to them in pleasant places. The lake of Sodom is here called the east sea, for it, being healed by the waters of the sanctuary, it is no more to be called a salt sea, as it was in Numbers. 3. It is here ordered to be divided among the tribes of Israel, reckoning Joseph for two tribes, to make up the number of twelve, when Levi was taken out to attend the sanctuary, and had his lot adjoining to that (Ezekiel 47:13,21): You shall inherit it, one as well as another, Ezekiel 47:14. The tribes shall have an equal share, one as much as another. As the tribes returned out of Babylon, this seems unequal, because some tribes were much more numerous than the other, and indeed the most were of Judah and Benjamin and very few of the other ten tribes but as the twelve tribes stand, in type and vision, for the gospel-church, the Israel of God, it was very equal, because we find in another vision an equal number of each of the twelve tribes sealed for the living God, just 12,000 of each, Revelation 7:5, &c. And to those sealed ones these allotments did belong. It intimates likewise that all the subjects of Christ's kingdom have obtained like precious faith. Male and female, Jew and Gentile, bond and free, are all alike welcome to Christ and made partakers of him. 4. The strangers who sojourn among them, who shall beget children and be built up into families, and so help to people their country, shall have inheritance among the tribes, as if they had been native Israelites (Ezekiel 47:22,23), which was by no means allowed in Joshua's division of the land. This is an act for a general naturalization, which would teach the Jews who was their neighbour, not those only of their own nation and religion, but those, whoever they were, that they had an opportunity of showing kindness to, because from them they would be willing to receive kindness. It would likewise invite strangers to come and settle among them, and put themselves under the wings of the divine Majesty. But it certainly looks at gospel-times, when the partition-wall between Jew and Gentile was taken down, and both one in Christ, in whom there is no difference, Romans 10:12. This land was a type of the heavenly Canaan, that better country (Hebrews 11:16), in which believing Gentiles shall have a blessed lot, as well as believing Jews, Isaiah 56:3.