(for you, Cris ♥) how do you show your spouse you love him/her?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

psychomom

and, even better, how does your spouse show they love you?

(let's brag on our spouses, yo!)

M

MissCris

To be completely honest, this thread is sort of difficult for me- not because I don't love my husband, but because of our recent history (long story, we're better now). But! Now that I've said that, it occurs to me what a good um...exercise?...this can be, especially for people who have had/are having marriage struggles :D

So...something my husband does that shows me he really loves me-

I start a lot of different projects, and randomly develop an interest in things. When I decide I want to try something, my husband will start researching it, and he'll buy me the stuff I need to get started, without me ever asking. He doesn't mind that I fizzle out on whatever is, he just likes to see me light up about stuff, and he supports me in these things because he believes in me :)

I've decided I like this thread after all- it feels good to dwell on happy things :D

P

psychomom

i like to make my husband cinnamon raisin bread...

and he always thinks it's such a big deal, though i use that cool bread machine the kids got me last Christmas.

throw in some stuff and push a button. lol

and he...he just...is so amazing. no matter how my health is, how i look, what i do...
he loves me.
he keeps me organized (no small thing!).
he'll have Cheerios and toast for dinner if i'm not well, and happily.
he used to ask me, when the kids were small, if i had enough time to spend with the Lord.

*disclaimer*
this is after years of husband training! lol

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
If my wife cooks me good dinners and keeps the fire burning in the romance department, I feel very loved! For my wife, complimenting her, being a good listener when she speaks and doing house work tells her I love her. :cool:

P

psychomom

If my wife cooks me good dinners and keeps the fire burning in the romance department, I feel very loved! For my wife, complimenting her, being a good listener when she speaks and doing house work tells her I love her. :cool:
ohh, Dan, thanks for the reminder! :)

i was a kinda obsessive housecleaner when the kiddos were small.
vacuumed and mopped, cleaned the bathrooms. every. day.

when the kids got older, my husband held a meeting with them, asking if they enjoyed being home schooled.
they said, yeah! and he told them mom couldn't do it all, and they needed to help with housework.
which they (being HIS children) lovingly and willingly did. :)

when i became ill, Mark just started cleaning.
no word of condemnation, no sense of accusation...
he simply does it. ♥

A

Ann-childoftheKing

Ok- I have been married for 16 months now- this ain't my first rodeo! we are both in our 50's......God has belssed us- i am still learning new things about my husband every day......so with that said........my husband does a lot to show his love for me......some may seems strange ways...but they are how he does it......here are a few.......for now haha!

He ALWAYS opens my car door for me, and any other door for that matter, always!
He works extremely hard long hours-
He always calls me pet names.....you know, honey, hun, babe....
He will never ever let me carry anything....like bags of groceries- or anything....ever
He prays for me and with me
He listens.....really listens and gives great feedback!
He backs my car down our long driveway, in the country, for me, so that I dont panic if I have to back out of it! whew!
He makes sure my car is filled with fuel-doesn't want me to do it ever.....that's cool with me!
He always lays his hand on my side when we fall alseep-I love that
He calls me from work to check on me.....he takes great care of me when Ive been out of service! :)
He always goes to Dr. appts with me.....
Ok.......enough on that topic for now.......
whatta I do?
I cook and clean-
I write him little notes that he finds when he gets up at 4:00 a.m. and put them in his lunch box too.
I make his sandwiches & whatever else he likes in his lunch, with the crazy ingrediesnt that he loves....hot sauce on almost everything and jalepeno peppers... and more.......
I hang his clothes up to dry, so his shirts are crisp and smell great.
I take care of his critters!
I cut his hair, and groom his beard!
I love to suprise him with candles and music, and all other lights out, for special nights!

There are lots of things we do for and to each other to show our love for one another......I cant list them all! lol But I hope the list continues to grow, as we grow together, closer to Christ.
God Bless~:)

Last edited by a moderator:

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
ohh, Dan, thanks for the reminder! :)

i was a kinda obsessive housecleaner when the kiddos were small.
vacuumed and mopped, cleaned the bathrooms. every. day.

when the kids got older, my husband held a meeting with them, asking if they enjoyed being home schooled.
they said, yeah! and he told them mom couldn't do it all, and they needed to help with housework.
which they (being HIS children) lovingly and willingly did. :)

when i became ill, Mark just started cleaning.
no word of condemnation, no sense of accusation...
he simply does it. ♥
Mark sounds like a good man! ;)

M

MissCris

I totally missed the part about what we do for our spouses...which is pretty amazing since it's kinda like, the title...

I'm learning to cook. After being married nearly 10 years, and eating very so-so or downright terrible meals, I'm making a real effort to actually learn how to cook. Even seafood, which I hate and he loves.

I also tried to figure out football...which I still don't get...but I listened when he explained it, and then he laughed at the blank look on my face and patted me on the head and said I don't have to like football, he loves me anyway.

P

psychomom

I totally missed the part about what we do for our spouses...which is pretty amazing since it's kinda like, the title...

I'm learning to cook. After being married nearly 10 years, and eating very so-so or downright terrible meals, I'm making a real effort to actually learn how to cook. Even seafood, which I hate and he loves.

I also tried to figure out football...which I still don't get...but I listened when he explained it, and then he laughed at the blank look on my face and patted me on the head and said I don't have to like football, he loves me anyway.
i love basketball....pro, college, high school...doesn't matter.

but football remains a complete mystery.
:confused:

(do you have to have played it to get it? Mark says if i understood it, i'd like it.
IQ too small? idk!)