Friendly fire results in Afghan hospital deaths

• Thread starter Viligant_Warrior
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

Viligant_Warrior

US officials investigate airstrike in Afghanistan that killed at least 19 at Doctors Without Borders hospital

U.S. officials have launched an investigation after 12 local staff members of Doctors Without Borders and at least seven patients, three of them children, were killed after an explosion near their hospital in the northern Afghan city of Kunduz that may have been caused by a nearby airstrike.

IIn a statement, the international charity said the "sustained bombing" took place Saturday at 2:10 a.m local time. Afghan forces backed by U.S. airstrikes have been fighting to dislodge Taliban insurgents who overran Kunduz on Monday.
At the risk of irritating the liberals -- oh, come on, I don't care if I irritate the liberals! -- I urge them to put a sock in it before they are tempted to open their mouths in protest. I'm sorry, but this is war. Freindly fire happens. It's not pretty, and the guy who pulls the trigger is absolutely filled with remorse, angst, and self-hate. But there is nothing to be done. War sucks. It's still necessary.

Omni

Banned
Aug 12, 2015
War isn't pretty. Not at all. I agree with that. What worries me is that in the wake of this tragedy, of no small proportion, your immediate response is not one filled with condolences, pity or sympathy, but instead it is an inflammatory response engineered to be nothing more than bipartisan political provocation.

Anyway, I hope that the people responsible for this have been given leave of duty to take time to chew on their mistakes and to think about how to prevent them in future. It's sad that doctors and children had to die because somebody didn't do their job right, don't you think?

V

Viligant_Warrior

War isn't pretty. Not at all. I agree with that. What worries me is that in the wake of this tragedy, of no small proportion, your immediate response is not one filled with condolences, pity or sympathy, but instead it is an inflammatory response engineered to be nothing more than bipartisan political provocation.
Condolences sent through a message board in the U.S. that hasn't a snowball's chance of being read in Afghanistan by families of those killed and injured are gratuitous at best. On the other hand, whatever form my real condolences take, or don't, you will never know. I don't toot my own horn unless it is necessary to establish my expertise in a given area of discussion.