Fruitless, but Gifted by the Holy Spirit?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
This can be true because the gifts are only part of us but the true born again would be displaying and living inwardly the very fruits of God the gift of the spirit is for edification meaning renewance of the soul mind into the being we are meant to be praying in the spirit cultivates renews the heart mind and SL all thanks to Jesus by His grace

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
Remembering at any time a person can fall away but persevering is the key never giving up and not remaining in sin

Feb 16, 2011
The gifts of the Spirit are the Spirit's works not yours. You still must bear your own fruit. Stay connected to the vine Jesus and you will bear good fruit.

Jul 25, 2013
Alot of the people back then had a lot of Spiritual gifts and were (fruitless) abusing such, ..that is why Paul wrote them and explained that in His letters. And today sadly it's still the same.

Jun 30, 2011
Alot of the people back then had a lot of Spiritual gifts and were (fruitless) abusing such, ..that is why Paul wrote them and explained that in His letters. And today sadly it's still the same.
isn't this sad, that we haven't learned this by now? There is nothing new under the Sun

N

Nancyer

I don't understand how your life cannot have changed in 10 years. Have you not given up ANY bad habits, old ways, old desires? Didn't you feel, right after, when this was all new, that you wanted to please God? I pray every morning for God to allow me to bless someone today. Some days I know when that person shows up, sometimes I don't.

Do you ever question something you used to like to do and now wonder if you should be doing it? Some may seem very trivial but small changes come first. Example: the grocery clerk gave me $8.00 too much in change. Years ago I would have been happy, kept it, and probably bought myself lunch. But I told her and gave it back. Because that's what Jesus would have done. IT's a mind set that I am to do what pleases God.

Little things like this are the changes that will take place if one truly accepts and loves Jesus as his Savior.

Jun 30, 2011
I don't understand how your life cannot have changed in 10 years. Have you not given up ANY bad habits, old ways, old desires? Didn't you feel, right after, when this was all new, that you wanted to please God? I pray every morning for God to allow me to bless someone today. Some days I know when that person shows up, sometimes I don't.

Do you ever question something you used to like to do and now wonder if you should be doing it? Some may seem very trivial but small changes come first. Example: the grocery clerk gave me $8.00 too much in change. Years ago I would have been happy, kept it, and probably bought myself lunch. But I told her and gave it back. Because that's what Jesus would have done. IT's a mind set that I am to do what pleases God.

Little things like this are the changes that will take place if one truly accepts and loves Jesus as his Savior.

Hey nancyer - the first post was an illustration