Gays won't bother anyone. Right?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kefa52

Jesus loves me! This I know
For the Bible tells me so
Little ones to Him belong
They are weak, but He is strong.

Yes, Jesus loves me
Yes, Jesus loves me
Yes, Jesus loves me
The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me! This I know
As He loved so long ago
Taking children on His knee
Saying, "Let them come to Me."

Jesus loves me still today
Walking with me on my way
Wanting as a friend to give
Light and love to all who live.

Jesus loves me! He who died
Heaven's gate to open wide
He will wash away my sin
Let His little child come in.

Jesus loves me! He will stay
Close beside me all the way
Thou hast bled and died for me
I will henceforth live for Thee...

M

megaman125

You truly believe Obama is a Christian? You ever see his track record? Does a Bible believing Christian support gay marriage and be so anti Jewish/anti semetic yet so pro muslim?
If he is as anti-Jewish as you claim, then why is it that Israel wanted to see Obama become president over Romney? In fact, the only other country that wanted to see Romney become president of the US was Pakistan, home of various terrorist organizations.

As for supporting gay marriage, I half believe that was just a political lie to gain voters. Heck, look at what this topic is about, it's about how Sexual liberationists groups are hating on a guy that Obama CHOSE to pray at the inaugeration because he doesn't support homosexual sin.

I'd also like to ask you if you run around pointing fingers at all the elected republican who claim to be opposed to abortion but yet never do a thing about it.

Is his pastor Jeremiah Wright(or the pastor he was under for many years) teach a biblical message or is he a racist bigot anti american who uses the pulpit to spew his hate filled venom?
I don't see what a previous pastor has to do with much of anything.

Look into it..do not believe me..but he is not a christian. Look at his fruit, look who he associates with..
I don't need to look into it any further, because I'm not the one that's compelled to convince others who is or isn't a Christian by throwing around accusations and finger pointing.

Bush i believe was a Christian..and while Romney was not a 'christian' I would have felt more safe with him because he actually is what he says that he is, a mormon..and embraces some kind of religion..while Obama shows no signs of a sincere faith.
That's just your opinion, one which I don't share.

M

megaman125

No but more often than not you will find many who are liberals to hate all things that are 'religous'
I think you're confusing liberal with millitant atheist/satanist. I know plenty of Christians who are democrat. The fact is, neither political party is fully Christian, and neither party is designed to be anti-christian. If it was, it'd be called the Christian party and not republican/democrat.

K

Kefa52

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact.
Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
- Marcus Aurelius

R

rauleetoe

If he is as anti-Jewish as you claim, then why is it that Israel wanted to see Obama become president over Romney? In fact, the only other country that wanted to see Romney become president of the US was Pakistan, home of various terrorist organizations.

As for supporting gay marriage, I half believe that was just a political lie to gain voters. Heck, look at what this topic is about, it's about how Sexual liberationists groups are hating on a guy that Obama CHOSE to pray at the inaugeration because he doesn't support homosexual sin.

I'd also like to ask you if you run around pointing fingers at all the elected republican who claim to be opposed to abortion but yet never do a thing about it.

I don't see what a previous pastor has to do with much of anything.

I don't need to look into it any further, because I'm not the one that's compelled to convince others who is or isn't a Christian by throwing around accusations and finger pointing.

That's just your opinion, one which I don't share.

As for supporting gay marriage, I half believe that was just a political lie to gain voters. Heck, look at what this topic is about, it's about how Sexual liberationists groups are hating on a guy that Obama CHOSE to pray at the inaugeration because he doesn't support homosexual sin.------

If you want to ignore the facts..then do so..but he does support gay marriage..Last time he was quiet about it although he opposed it..he said he has changed his mind on it. Its a proven fact. He is anti Jewish because he wants Israel to go back to their old 1960s borders,thus giving up land. Tensions between Israel and US are harder and more strained than ever. As for the Jews here who do not practice and do not really care about what happens to the nation of Israel..they do not count when mentioning this. If it was a political lie on Obama to gain voters, why would you,if you are a christian want to support a disingenuous liar? By the way, tell me who did all the gays and lesbians voted for(not Romney) and i want to know why would they be so quick to vote someone who did not promise them anything..btw do you ever even listen to the news? Do you see how the gay marriage thing is being pushed now by the supreme court or do you not wish to acknowledge this?
(i doubt you will answer this however)

----------------------
--------------------------------
This has nothing to do with pointing fingers at all elected anyone..we are talking about the president..stop trying to avoid the subject matter at hand!
He is pro abortion, that is not Christian..not all republicans who say they are republicans are truly conservative..but as for this president whom you've been duped into thinking is a christian is not! A christian who believes in the BIBLE would not support abortion..if you think so, well..then you are the minority..and we all know where this convo is leading then(what else ill you excuse if abortion is ok?)
-----------------------------------

We have a saying in spanish..dime con quien andaras y te dira quien eres, translated it means..tell me whom you are around/with, and I will tell you the person that you are. Bad company corrupts good morals, or do you disagree with this too? If you had been under a white supremist pastor for thirty plus years and say to me..i do not agree with what he says, it does not matter. Why would you be under this teaching for so long? And when would it not start affecting you? it would..do not tell me it would not affect you. I am only implying this if you even go to church,maybe you don't..i dunno. If you are under a teacher though,and stay under it for that long,it is because you are in agreement with that teaching. Do not tell me that is not the case! So no..you are wrong..it is not a mere opinion..the facts show, Obama's pastor spews hatred..but don't believe me..ill put up a link here if need be since you imply i am making this up..better yet..look into Jeremiah Wright yourself..see if he is this Godly Christian man whom you say Obama would love to be under, since he too,according to you..is Godly and Christian! *insert sarcasm here****

R

rauleetoe

I think you're confusing liberal with millitant atheist/satanist. I know plenty of Christians who are democrat. The fact is, neither political party is fully Christian, and neither party is designed to be anti-christian. If it was, it'd be called the Christian party and not republican/democrat.

see...that is why they got you..and that is why Obama got your vote..because you bought the liberal agenda already..you're a sheep sir.
Republicans are very much more christian or pro christian. What do democrats push? Do you even ever read a bible..do you even own a bible? I am beginning to wonder..
The democrats are -pro gay..pro high taxation, against religious freedom..pro abortion..
how is that christian, every time you vote for someone with that agenda..you are not checking in with God's word and what he has to say about this.
Do you even check in with the word? or do you merely listen CNN,ABC,and NBC?

I do not care how many you think of your friends are democrat..sadly many vote democrat because of
-race(yes i said it, waits to be called a bigot)
-social economic status(many think if they are poor they must vote this way,or think the rich are evil people out to get them)
-they are raised,and coached to vote this way..hello.the liberal media machine and college professors!

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Does a Bible believing Christian support gay marriage
Yes because I am not so egotistical to allow what I believe to determine how another person who made hold different beliefs lives their life.

Dec 26, 2012
By the way, tell me who did all the gays and lesbians voted for(not Romney) and i want to know why would they be so quick to vote someone who did not promise them anything..btw do you ever even listen to the news? Do you see how the gay marriage thing is being pushed now by the supreme court or do you not wish to acknowledge this?
Please be careful when you make statements like this. Do you know all the gays and lesbians personally? Do you for a fact know how they think? Do you know for a fact that they all voted for Obama? If even one voted for Romney it's a lie and it's also a false witness. Because of who I am to witness to I most likely know far more then you do,many did not vote for Obama. There are more that are far more conservative then you say if you do not know them and how they think.

D

didymos

No you can speak your mind sir..I am in agreement with you..however I do think christians..and many who claim to be christians here, only focus on gay sin, and that sin which they see,and makes them uncomfortable..instead of looking all sin..all sin, be it pride..gluttony,lust..hatefull feelings towards another..is sin..and it all does the same thing, it separates us from God. I do think we as the Christ followers that we all claim to be should hate All sin, and not just 'gay and homosexual sin'..let us not deceive ourselves into thinking other sins are better..its all bad and all sin in God's eyes.
Exactly what I thought watching 'Jesus Camp.'

M

megaman125

If you want to ignore the facts..then do so..but he does support gay marriage..Last time he was quiet about it although he opposed it..he said he has changed his mind on it. Its a proven fact.

I'll believe Obama supports gay marriage when he actually acts on it. Until then, I maintain my opinion that it was just something he said to get votes.

If it was a political lie on Obama to gain voters, why would you,if you are a christian want to support a disingenuous liar?

When did I say I supported the act of lying? Go ahead, quote me on it. If you can't, then retract your statement. Oh, and while you're at it, show me a politician who isn't a liar.

By the way, tell me who did all the gays and lesbians voted for(not Romney) and i want to know why would they be so quick to vote someone who did not promise them anything..btw do you ever even listen to the news? Do you see how the gay marriage thing is being pushed now by the supreme court or do you not wish to acknowledge this?
(i doubt you will answer this however)

You complain about me saying something about elected republicans, saying that the topic is Obama and I was trying to change the topic. Then here you are talking about the supreme court. The supreme court is not Obama. Nice double standard.

He is pro abortion, that is not Christian..not all republicans who say they are republicans are truly conservative..but as for this president whom you've been duped into thinking is a christian is not! A christian who believes in the BIBLE would not support abortion..if you think so, well..then you are the minority..and we all know where this convo is leading then(what else ill you excuse if abortion is ok?)

I never claimed abortion is ok, or that it's ok for Christians to support abortion. Stop putting words in my mouth. People like you are the reason I'll probably never vote republican again.

We have a saying in spanish..dime con quien andaras y te dira quien eres, translated it means..tell me whom you are around/with, and I will tell you the person that you are. Bad company corrupts good morals, or do you disagree with this too?

So you question if I disagree with it, then carry on assuming that I do. I'd love to hear your explaination for how this isn't finger pointing.

If you had been under a white supremist pastor for thirty plus years and say to me..i do not agree with what he says, it does not matter. Why would you be under this teaching for so long? And when would it not start affecting you? it would..do not tell me it would not affect you. I am only implying this if you even go to church,maybe you don't..i dunno. If you are under a teacher though,and stay under it for that long,it is because you are in agreement with that teaching. Do not tell me that is not the case!

I didn't tell you any such thing, you just went on with this wall of text carrying the assumption that I did.

So no..you are wrong

So I'm wrong because you assumed I took a position which I didn't, and my position that I didn't even take is wrong.

[/quote]..it is not a mere opinion..the facts show, Obama's pastor spews hatred..but don't believe me..ill put up a link here if need be since you imply i am making this up..better yet..look into Jeremiah Wright yourself..see if he is this Godly Christian man whom you say Obama would love to be under, since he too,according to you..is Godly and Christian! *insert sarcasm here****
[/quote]

Once again, I'd love for you to quote where I said Jeremiah Wright is godly and Christian. You claim that's what I said, so let's see you quote me on it. The fact is I said no such thing, nor would I because unlike you, I don't care to go around chasing this or that. I have better things to be doing than trying to determine what individual I'll probably never meet or interact with is or isn't a Christian.

see...that is why they got you..and that is why Obama got your vote..because you bought the liberal agenda already..you're a sheep sir.

You don't have a clue why I voted for Obama and not Romney. And if you have to resort to name calling, is it ok for me to call you a republican sheep? You make a big deal about Obama supporting abortion and vote for republicans who claim to oppose abortion, but yet they never lift a finger to do anything about it.

Republicans are very much more christian or pro christian.

Elected republicans, for the most part, are "more christian" as much as those who claim to be Christian yet don't do the word. There's no point in claiming to be anti-abortion when you never do anything about it. The elected republicans calling themselves anti-abortionists is just a show to get votes. Looks like they got you... you're a sheep sir.

What do democrats push? Do you even ever read a bible..do you even own a bible? I am beginning to wonder..

Now you're going to make more personal assumptions about me, then carry on as if they're true.

The democrats are -pro gay..pro high taxation, against religious freedom..pro abortion..

1. Not all democrats are like that, but of course, you'd rather propgate your generalization to all democrats.
2. democrats are also known for establishing efforts to help the poor, with things like unemployment. You know, if the rich republicans claiming to be Christians were giving to the poor like they should be, unemployment checks wouldn't exist, food stamps wouldn't exist, social security wouldn't exist, because the needs of these people would be met by the rich republican christians. Back in reality, that isn't the case. And don't try to use the church as an excuse for why these people aren't giving to the poor. Yes, the church should be taking care of the poor and needy, and many churches have programs for such. But obviously it's not sufficient, nor will it be as long as the average american church-goer give a mere 2.5% to the church, and then they wonder why the church isn't able to support all the poor, and why the poor are turning to the government. Go figure.

how is that christian, every time you vote for someone with that agenda..you are not checking in with God's word and what he has to say about this.
Do you even check in with the word? or do you merely listen CNN,ABC,and NBC?

I do not care how many you think of your friends are democrat..sadly many vote democrat because of
-race(yes i said it, waits to be called a bigot)
-social economic status(many think if they are poor they must vote this way,or think the rich are evil people out to get them)
-they are raised,and coached to vote this way..hello.the liberal media machine and college professors!
Yay, more generalizations, because I'm sure democrats voted for Clinton because of race, right? Or maybe people vote democrat because the republicans have a track record of not caring about the poor or middle class. That's why I couldn't vote for Romney, he was going to increase taxes on the poor and middle class (and I know what you're going to say about this, but I'll let you go ahead and say it if you want before explaining and exposing Romney's tax plan. But be warned, I'm an accountant, you may not want that battle.) while not doing anything to the rich investors making millions.

And before you say that trickle down economics works, and that giving more money to the rich business owners would cause them to hire more people, let's consider this. If a rich business owner was given a tax break of $100,000, theoretically, they could use that money to hire 3 more people at $30,000 a year. Realistically, would that happen? No. In reality, they would maybe hire 1 more person at $30,000 and use the rest to line their pockets. Yeah, giving huge tax breaks to businesses is the way to get more jobs (sarcasm).

R

rauleetoe

Yes because I am not so egotistical to allow what I believe to determine how another person who made hold different beliefs lives their life.

Well then obviously the Bible means nothing to you..just throw yours away..because you do not believe in it. Hypocrite.

M

megaman125

And did you ever consider that I'm an independent that just happened to vote for a democrat this past election? Did you consider that if the presidential election was between Obama and Santorum that I would have voted for Santorum? No, you didn't. Why? Because you were too busy making your assumptions and shoving your standard democrat anti-christian labels down my throat.

R

rauleetoe

Exactly what I thought watching 'Jesus Camp.'

See..thats the issue..folks look at overweight folks..or those who are flamboyantly gay, because you can see it, and it makes you uncomfortable..that is a sin that you can see, and its evident where they are struggling in..pride however, etc isnt as easily seen..so that is where the deception lies.

R

rauleetoe

And did you ever consider that I'm an independent that just happened to vote for a democrat this past election? Did you consider that if the presidential election was between Obama and Santorum that I would have voted for Santorum? No, you didn't. Why? Because you were too busy making your assumptions and shoving your standard democrat anti-christian labels down my throat.

Well aren't you an angry one.
As far as you being an accountant..congrats on having enough intelligence to study something that you will actually be able to still do for a while. And regarding this..I appreciate you wanting to help the poor..but you must know, as i am sure you do...that not all poor people want to stop being poor. Many blacks and minorities and even some whites stay generation after generation on welfare..not working. Living off the government..when you vote for democrats, you give these people more incentive not to work. Many of these who are used to this kind of living did not want Romney to win for fear of losing their meal ticket. So while i believe that compassion is good.(this is how democrats win votes, they say..if you have a heart,vote democrat) Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day..teach a man to fish, he will eat or a lifetime. That's the issue at hand. Obama is happily giving folks fish, not giving them any incentive to work. Remember that one gal after he won the first time. We coming to get some Obama money,where he got it? I dunno, from his stash! We love him that is why we voted for him, Obama Obama! Sadly many black people have bought into the mentality of that we owe them something. The entitlement mentality is creeping into whites and many hispanics/latinos have as well. Mind you I am latino but do not check in with my skin tone when voting..sadly most do.
As far as Santorum winning, if he did win..i am not totally sure you would have voted for him. The mere fact that you said, It is people like me that will keep you from ever voting Republican again? Huh? No, you vote for you want. I would understand if you were living in section 8 housing and on EBT foodstamps with five kids with five different women why you would want to have Obama as your president..after all he is the foodstamp president. But as a working person, educated i am sure(see im being nice now) An accountant, i find it hard to understand. Then again i know a business owner here who voted for Obama then again this same individual is a gay man married to another man, so now you see why he voted for him. And yes...if you do truly look into it. You will find Obama promising special treatment to gays. Its not my opinion. It's fact.
The liberal media simply is not going to cover this. But they will cover every shooting out there, and try to ban guns, yet we as a nation are responsible for more deaths of innocent babies each year..(as if any gun flew out on its own and started shooting people) We have a mental health problem in this country. Not a firearms problem. Ban all the guns you want..take them away. The bad guys will still find a way to get their hands on them.

M

megaman125

Well aren't you an angry one.
I'm just sick of seeing the "Republican is Christian, and if you don't vote republican, then you're automatically not Christian" mentallity.

As far as you being an accountant..congrats on having enough intelligence to study something that you will actually be able to still do for a while. And regarding this..I appreciate you wanting to help the poor..but you must know, as i am sure you do...that not all poor people want to stop being poor. Many blacks and minorities and even some whites stay generation after generation on welfare..not working. Living off the government..when you vote for democrats, you give these people more incentive not to work.
Yes, not all poor people want to go to work and stop getting handouts. Studies show that only 90% of people on unemployment/welfare don't actually want to be on welfare, but want to work and provide for themselves. 90% huh. Guess that's too low for you, so you still take the handout mentality of the 10% and apply it to the whole.

Remember that one gal after he won the first time. We coming to get some Obama money,where he got it? I dunno, from his stash! We love him that is why we voted for him, Obama Obama! Sadly many black people have bought into the mentality of that we owe them something. The entitlement mentality is creeping into whites and many hispanics/latinos have as well. Mind you I am latino but do not check in with my skin tone when voting..sadly most do.
Yes, because that accurately describes 90% of the people on welfare. Back in reality, it doesn't. But apparently you'd take a couple bad examples and use that as an excuse to get rid of the whole system.

As far as Santorum winning, if he did win..i am not totally sure you would have voted for him.
Yay for more of your assumptions that are based on you not knowing me. There were 2 things that quickly won me over when it came to Santorum.

1. He wanted intelligent design to be taught in schools.
2. He strongly opposed abortion, and fought against even other republicans about it. I believe he would have actually made an effort to do something about abortion, instead of just saying that he opposes it and go no further, like most of the elected republicans.

Still want to label me as your standard anti-christian democrat? Or can you still not handle the fact that maybe there are true Christians that voted for Obama? Are you ready to let go of your "republican is automatically and exclusively Christian" mentallity, or are you willing to admit that democrat and Christian are not mutually exclusive terms?

Also, fun fact, I did vote for Santorum in the primary.

The mere fact that you said, It is people like me that will keep you from ever voting Republican again?
The way the "republican Christians" treat non-republican Christians due to their "non-republican = anti-Chrsitian" mentallity, why should I listen to them and join their herd of finger pointing and let them tell me how I should vote, and that I should always vote republican?

You will find Obama promising special treatment to gays. Its not my opinion. It's fact.
As I said, until Obama actually takes action on it, I believe it was just a political promise to get votes. In fact, I've even told some of my homosexual friends this, I told them not to vote for Obama because like the republicans that say they're anti-abortion, because I didn't want them to be disappointed when Obama didn't actually do anything. They liked what I said, and said they did have other reasons for voting for Obama, and they were open to the possibility that this was just a political lie to get votes. How come you aren't open to that posiblity?

The liberal media simply is not going to cover this. But they will cover every shooting out there, and try to ban guns, yet we as a nation are responsible for more deaths of innocent babies each year..(as if any gun flew out on its own and started shooting people) We have a mental health problem in this country. Not a firearms problem. Ban all the guns you want..take them away. The bad guys will still find a way to get their hands on them.
Ah, I was wondering when you'd bring up guns. Now you weren't specific, but I wonder if you're one of those guys that thinks Obama wants to ban all guns. Are you? (see how I'm not just assuming you are and carrying on as if that's your actual position? You should try it next time you debate with an actual democrat, you might get better results.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Haha, im the bad one because I don't force others to follow christian values against their will...that makes sense

D

didymos

See..thats the issue..folks look at overweight folks..or those who are flamboyantly gay, because you can see it, and it makes you uncomfortable..that is a sin that you can see, and its evident where they are struggling in..pride however, etc isnt as easily seen..so that is where the deception lies.
She's obviously overweigh yet she can't stop stessing other people's sins, that was my whole point. There are enough people who can't help being overweight,to some extent, so obesity isn't necessarily a sin. Failing to acknowledge you have a problem, and not changing your eating habits however is.
I was amazed when I watched 'Jesus Camp.' Becky Fischer wants to be some kind of perfect role model to kids, yet she doesn't acknowledge she has a problem herself (as far as I recall from the documentary).

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPEy2AmCRWE[/video]

P

progressivenerdgirl

President Obama kicked up some controversy by announcing that evangelical pastor Louie Giglio would be praying at the inauguration.
Sexual liberationists groups quickly identified Giglio, as they did Rick Warren under similar circumstances in 2009, as “anti-gay.” After a couple of days of firestorm from the Left, Giglio announced this morning that he would withdraw.

When a Sexual liberationists group can tell our government what to do. Big trouble ahead.
Link... Louie Giglio and the New State Church - Desiring God
Practically everyone in government, in both parties, is a vocal advocate of anti-Christian doctrines. The Republican Party's abuse and manipulation of the increasingly ignorant and mystical flyover Christians makes me dislike the GOP even more.

I mention this to say that this group has power because almost everyone in government agrees with them.

K

Kefa52

How do I explain this. I am not concerned with "Gay" as to say so. Gay is a sin, or behavior, It is not the whole person. Do we lie, or are we liars? We are not our sin. "I have never met a mere mortal"(quoted from someone but I can't remember who)l. Everyone has the option to repent and be saved.

My problem is when Sin tells our Government "Ordained by God" what to do.
Repeating myself now.