Genesis 1:1 What is your interpretation?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
But one commands and the other two obey.
One of the purposes of Jesus becoming man was to be an example for us to follow. Jesus and the Holy Spirit always were, still are, and always will be God.

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
Just wondering about some input to stimulate this group. Does it support science?
"Science" (so called) has no idea about "Origens", but a box lot of "Theories".

Gen 1:1 simply states that IN THE BEGINNING GOD created the heavens and the earth. Since I'm an OEC, then I see an unspecified expanse of TIME between Gen 1:1, and Gen 1:2 - normally referred to as "The Gap Theory".

Mar 6, 2023
Secular science wants you to think there is a gap. But there is none. The Hebrew word for day means a 24 hour period used in this context. and nothing else.

resto

Feb 25, 2019
I read some good material on Lan Seconds and how time is not constant, especially in the presence of Antimatter. The physics supports 6 day creation. The math doesn't lie. Yes Antimatter is created during Nuclear Fission and matter is destroyed so antimatter is fact. Im not qualified to get my head around what I read. Im an Electronics Engineer, but what little I did understand, made perfect sense. Yes Science has evidence of Supernatural(Devine) Creation. I wish I could recall the Authors I read on the subject. I would post links. There is a lot of articles on the Net that say the same things.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Secular science wants you to think there is a gap. But there is none. The Hebrew word for day means a 24 hour period used in this context. and nothing else.
As well as defining the bounds of the Hebrew day with "evening and morning" (sunset to sunset). That is why even to this day the Jews observe the seventh day Sabbath from sunset to sunset.

Dec 30, 2020
One of the purposes of Jesus becoming man was to be an example for us to follow. Jesus and the Holy Spirit always were, still are, and always will be God.
That still does not change the fact that one commands and the other two obey.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
I read some good material on Lan Seconds and how time is not constant, especially in the presence of Antimatter. The physics supports 6 day creation. The math doesn't lie. Yes Antimatter is created during Nuclear Fission and matter is destroyed so antimatter is fact. Im not qualified to get my head around what I read. Im an Electronics Engineer, but what little I did understand, made perfect sense. Yes Science has evidence of Supernatural(Devine) Creation. I wish I could recall the Authors I read on the subject. I would post links. There is a lot of articles on the Net that say the same things.
Probably the most persuasive argument for the existence of God -- I don’t mean to philosophers and logicians, but to ordinary people -- goes something like this: All of this -- that is, a world with life, intelligence, beauty, humans, morality, etc., -- couldn’t have come about by accident. It must be due to some intelligent, powerful Being -- and that’s what God is.

The fine-tuning argument is a modern, up-to-date version of this argument. It takes off from something that serious physicists, religious or not, tend to agree on. Here’s how Freeman Dyson put it:

"There are many . . . lucky accidents in physics. Without such accidents, water could not exist as liquid, chains of carbon atoms could not form complex organic molecules, and hydrogen atoms could not form breakable bridges between molecules" (p. 251)--in short, life as we know it would be impossible.

All these things Freeman Dysan calls lucky accidents --- which include the initial distribution of matter when the Big Bang banged --- and values of some fundamental constants --- can be thought of the universe as being fine-tuned so as to allow for the emergence of life and all those other good things that come with it.

Then the argument is: Isn’t it more plausible to suppose that these things were not accidents, but happened according to a plan of some intelligent being? If I found an aquarium in your house, with water and plants and food in the just combination required to keep goldfish happy, I might reasonably infer that someone put it there because they wanted goldfish, not that it occurred by accident. Similarly (a bit) the universe has ended up with a little aquarium for humans, reason and morality, namely, our earth So isn’t it reasonable to suppose that, rather than being an accident, things were set up to allow for this development?

But such fine-tuning, in order to make life possible, requires a fine-tuner. This would have to be some Being with incredible knowledge and power. That seems to amount to God, or at least a God. (Philosophytalk.org)

resto

Feb 25, 2019
Probably the most persuasive argument for the existence of God -- I don’t mean to philosophers and logicians, but to ordinary people -- goes something like this: All of this -- that is, a world with life, intelligence, beauty, humans, morality, etc., -- couldn’t have come about by accident. It must be due to some intelligent, powerful Being -- and that’s what God is.

The fine-tuning argument is a modern, up-to-date version of this argument. It takes off from something that serious physicists, religious or not, tend to agree on. Here’s how Freeman Dyson put it:

"There are many . . . lucky accidents in physics. Without such accidents, water could not exist as liquid, chains of carbon atoms could not form complex organic molecules, and hydrogen atoms could not form breakable bridges between molecules" (p. 251)--in short, life as we know it would be impossible.

All these things Freeman Dysan calls lucky accidents --- which include the initial distribution of matter when the Big Bang banged --- and values of some fundamental constants --- can be thought of the universe as being fine-tuned so as to allow for the emergence of life and all those other good things that come with it.

Then the argument is: Isn’t it more plausible to suppose that these things were not accidents, but happened according to a plan of some intelligent being? If I found an aquarium in your house, with water and plants and food in the just combination required to keep goldfish happy, I might reasonably infer that someone put it there because they wanted goldfish, not that it occurred by accident. Similarly (a bit) the universe has ended up with a little aquarium for humans, reason and morality, namely, our earth So isn’t it reasonable to suppose that, rather than being an accident, things were set up to allow for this development?

But such fine-tuning, in order to make life possible, requires a fine-tuner. This would have to be some Being with incredible knowledge and power. That seems to amount to God, or at least a God. (Philosophytalk.org)
What really blew my mind about Creation Science, is that the whole Universe had to be made "Up and Running" all at once or it would never have happened. If just one law of Thermodynamics was missing it would never have formed. If one Law is missing the others will not Exist, therefore no Universe. One of the things I learned in College is that time can run in all directions at once inside a Black Hole. God lives "In all Times Present" Im not comparing God to a Black Hole, Im just making observations about time and our experience in it. Time is relative to ones position in space. A person standing on the tracks looking at a train(Time) moving away experiences the view of the trains(times) Motion differently, than a Man on the Train. A man standing at a railroad crossing watching the train(Time) and the man on the Train(Time) experiences the Trains(Times) motion differently than the other two. Einstein once thought time was relative. He later thought that if this universe is composed of 2 dement ions(Time and Space) then time and space are a Projection from outside this Universe. So If God says He made this in 6 days and sustains it, its makes perfect sense to me. It looks to me as if He will soon turn off the Projector. I have to Laugh at my stupid self.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
That still does not change the fact that one commands and the other two obey.
Jesus came down into the form and likeness of man and humbled Himself as a servant so that we might have an example to pattern our lives after. He made Himself into the likeness of a servant for us.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
You will discover true Science always verifies the Word of God because the Word of God is the Inspired Truth.

Jesus said God made Male and Female and the union of both create Life.

Homosexuals claim Science proves they are genetically designed and created naturally.

But let's take a very quick look at Evolution.

Let's get to the heart of the matter and begin with NATURAL SELECTION:

NATURAL SELECTION is picking and choosing random genetitics and traits to continue the evolving Species. That means NATURAL SELECTION would kill any homosexual genetics because those genetitics produce the Species that cannot keep the Tree of Life ALIVE.

So NATURAL SELECTION would destroy any genetitics that desired same sex and would not help to continue the Species chances for survival by continuing to produce life.

Truly, Evolution is another tool that shows us God's Word is Truth and for a Species to survive means it requires Male and Female attracted to one another.
is it ok if I go all science on you ?.

Mar 17, 2023
I have not been online in sometime but if you want to jump into the deep end of the pool I would love to go over. Gen. 1:1 with you give me a bit to get my notes together.

Mar 17, 2023
Genesis 1:1

In the Beginning

All verses will be copied and pasted from BibleHub.com as well as some things from the Strong's Concordance.

What we want to find out is when was that beginning. Was it approximately 6000 years ago or could it have been millions of years. Many Christians (dare I say 99%) will tell you the earth is about 6000 years old. Why? Because that is what they have been taught in Bible Collage, Sunday school, church, small groups etc; But is this the real truth of the Bible or are we being taught a lie by the very people we trust to teach us the truth? Either way you should be able to have been trained up so that you can be like the Bereans in Acts 17:10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. 11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Are you as noble as the Bereans and listen to the teachings of your Church, fellowship, bible classes, Etc. but then go home and make sure what you were taught is the truth and line up with the teachings of the bible or are you like the people of Thessalonica and do not know the truth and when you hear it,you run the people speaking it off by telling them that their ideas are to far out there and you are welcome to stay but you have to set in church and keep your mouth closed and your ideas to your self because they are just to far out there.

Lets start with 2nd Peter 3:3-7

3Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Verse 3 Know this first, right off bat: There shall come, it does not say there may be, or their might be scoffers in the last days walking after their own lusts, you could add their doctrine, teachings, Etc. NO it says there will be scoffers.

Verse 4. Just what are they saying? “The world has been a mess from the beginning until know there is nothing new under the sun.

Verse 5. These people are not just “ignorant” unlearned, or do not have the capability or skills to understand they are willing or just want to be ignorant of Gods word. Please remember these are not my word but God's words written by the hand of Peter.

Verse 6. What are they willingly ignorant about: The world “ earth, sky, atmosphere, that then was.” The first earth age Genesis 1:1&2 it became void and without form it perished; God completely wiped out the entire earth (we will cover that later in this study with the meanings in Hebrew, Greek, and English)

Verse 7 the second earth age the one we live in today and will until God puts and end to it and sets up the 3rd and eternal earth age and that happens when Jesus returns and sets up the millennial kingdom here on earth and then God will bring His throne here to earth to judge the people from the book of life.

Heaven is wherever God and His throne are.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

In the beginning: When was that? You can be sure it was millions or even billions of years ago.

Beginning: Strong's Concordance: # 7225. reshith beginning, chiefest, firstfruits, part, time, principal thing.

From the same as ro'sh; the first, in place, time, order or rank (specifically, a firstfruit) -- beginning, chief(-est), first(-fruits, part, time), principal thing.

see HEBREW ro'sh

God created; God made the Heavens as used here is not what we thank of as the universe it is our atmosphere; it is that protective layer that encircles

Strong's Concordance

shamayim: heaven, sky

Original Word:שָׁמַיִם
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine

And the earth; This would be the entire globe from the highest peaks to the core or center of the earth and it was perfect there was no pollution, no holes in the ozone; the ozone would be considered that final layer of our enter-space and then you have outer space where the sun, moon, stars, Etc are.

Then you have a period meaning the end of the subject. There was a space of time between verse 1 and verse 2. A lot happened during that first earth age. I will post more later.

Mar 9, 2023
Perth, Western Australia
Various interpretations or theories are not worth debating, prefer to stick to Scripture and defining as accurately as possible its meaning, by comparing Scripture with Scripture. For the Scriptures tell us all we need to know.

Mar 17, 2023
Various interpretations or theories are not worth debating, prefer to stick to Scripture and defining as accurately as possible its meaning, by comparing Scripture with Scripture. For the Scriptures tell us all we need to know.
where is the "Various interpretations or theories.

Jun 26, 2023
Quite simply, GOD created 2 places: the Heaven, which is where HE IS, and the earth, which is where HE wasnt.

Dec 21, 2020
Quite simply, GOD created 2 places: the Heaven, which is where HE IS, and the earth, which is where HE wasnt.
Where does the Bible say this ^^^?

Gen 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

Mar 17, 2023
where is the "Various interpretations or theories.