Gift of Healing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 20, 2022
I'm not sure I have a conclusion on this as I often wonder how people define a miracle. I define a miracle as rare and supernatural. It defies the laws of nature and anytime a miracle was done in the scriptures, it carried a message of some type. Either to confirm a message, confirm authority, to spread the message, or to confirm the power of God.

There were typically witnesses in the New Testament who could confirm such miracles.

If miracles happened everyday then they are not miracles. If someone was raised from death on a daily basis, it wouldn't even make the headlines.

So I often believe people are too emotional and ignorant of how the Spirit works. I also believe people are quick to say miracle when really it could have natural causes.

But who knows, I claim ignorance as well and hold to the fact that God can do anything within His will and His timing.

Sometimes and often healing is answered with a no. We are finite beings and only here for so long. Pain helps us to be ready to go and more easier to let go of the things in this world.
i have similar understanding and views that you have just posted. but i am also reminded from my own observation in the past. one example i remember the Preacher said someone, maybe others, have been dealing with this specific pain. he went onto say he felt in his spirit the Spirit of God was going to heal that pain if those suffering Believe and Accept.

later and weeks passed, it became common knowledge to everyone that 3 people had been suffering that specific pain. TWO were healed that very Church Service and the other one never was healed. as much as i tried to reason and understand, i believe God was in fact going to heal the TWO and not the ONE. and that is what happened. does it make sense all of them were not healed, NO. did the TWO have more Faith than the ONE, no one knows. but what i do know, the Preacher was in the Will of God and someone was healed that night.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
How would you feel when visiting a church and after worship the pastor steps on stage and begins to pray fervently saying in this room for anyone with back pain be healed, start moving in ways that would normally hurt.

I wasn't healed but if I'm honest I doubt not that God can heal but the concept of demanding it. After all it is God's will.

Other Christians will say it is by faith that we are healed. As Jesus once said by your faith the blind man was healed.

So let's discuss this. Is it by faith, God's will, a calling to heal, or a mixture of the three making the gift of healing prevalent today?

Maybe I lacked enough faith as I wasn't expecting to be healed and wasn't there looking to be healed. Maybe the pastor lacks the calling. Or God simply said no or not yet.

What are your thoughts?
Not here to tell anyone what Gods word really says or means. To much to get into. Reading about faith everywhere are we? Were told to have His word aka His will before our eyes day and night. Were told to be praying all the time about everything. Were told how to talk were told just what to think on were told to always renew our minds to put off the old man and put on the new. Sorry that's not a one time deal. Its every moment of every day. Sorry but we have to do something to get things from our Father who already gave us promises. That means they are ours. So are we demanding? I can understand that but if He gave it and its yours..why in the world are you asking Him to do something He already gave you? Healing.. By His strips your healed. You think the sweet holy Spirit got it wrong in Peter By his strips you were healed. Christ aka God said these signs shall follow them that believe. Do you believe His word or not? Did He say all this 4+ thousand years go or just 4+ days ago? Were you on the mind of GOD when He spoke these things?

Peter and John gate beautiful what did they pray over the sick that we can? NONE! Huh? read it in Acts never once asked GOD or JESUS if it be your will to heal this man. No we were already given the right to do it. All power/authority over the enemy? Cast out demons speak with new tongues, lay hands on the sick they shall not maybe not if God feels like it but God told us they SHALL recover. So we don't look at whats going on with others or put God on some time clock. If He said it ...we don't doubt GOD we just do what He said and believe. Its like again Peter and John when they looked at them as if they did this healing. "why look at us as if we did this by our own power? No its that name faith in that name healed this man". Then go back to the start of this that man didn't doubt no no he expected to receive something. Those words are not in there by chance.

So for me this preacher is walking in gifts just based on what you said. I have seen this happen countless times and been used the same way. Trust me if God speaks to you about someone around you has this or that.. say what He said. The gifts lead to the word of God them hearing the good news. So SOOO much more to this. I don't share what I heard someone else say. This is just what I know and believe. So don't take my word for any of this. What in the world do you have to lose if you blindly believe take God at what HE said not me not anyone else tells you what GODS word really says. What if you just took it by faith? Sorry this is not easy. The moment we start to walk by faith family fights or things brake down or job problems. The enemy comes right away to take it from you. Stand here and greater things start to happen. On and on.

EricPH

Jul 30, 2022
Sometimes and often healing is answered with a no. We are finite beings and only here for so long.
In 2011 I had a biopsy for cancer, about a month later the doctor phoned and said he urgently wanted to see me, I had non – Hodgkin Lymphoma. This was a name I recognised, our friend had this cancer, and died a few months later. Being told I had cancer was out of my hands, there was nothing I could do about it. But I still had choices; I could could choose what I was going to pray for.

A few minutes after putting the phone down; I prayed for the wisdom, strength and peace to do God’s will, whether the cancer was a death sentence, or just an inconvenience. I can only say that from the moment of making this prayer, I have experienced a profound sense of peace and the thought of cancer has never troubled me for a moment. I have never once prayed for healing, it may or may not be my time to go.

I believe my peace and the lack of worry and stress helped my healing. Recognising this profound sense of peace comes from God, gives me reasons to be thankful. I can talk about cancer in the same way I talk about shopping, I regard both as an inconvenience that you have to learn to live with.

I had another biopsy last week for cancer; it appears the cancer may have come back. I made the prayer for peace some years ago, so I no longer have to pray for peace. My prayer now is one of thanks for each extra day. God willing, I hope to have a few more years, but who knows.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
In 2011 I had a biopsy for cancer, about a month later the doctor phoned and said he urgently wanted to see me, I had non – Hodgkin Lymphoma. This was a name I recognised, our friend had this cancer, and died a few months later. Being told I had cancer was out of my hands, there was nothing I could do about it. But I still had choices; I could could choose what I was going to pray for.

A few minutes after putting the phone down; I prayed for the wisdom, strength and peace to do God’s will, whether the cancer was a death sentence, or just an inconvenience. I can only say that from the moment of making this prayer, I have experienced a profound sense of peace and the thought of cancer has never troubled me for a moment. I have never once prayed for healing, it may or may not be my time to go.

I believe my peace and the lack of worry and stress helped my healing. Recognising this profound sense of peace comes from God, gives me reasons to be thankful. I can talk about cancer in the same way I talk about shopping, I regard both as an inconvenience that you have to learn to live with.

I had another biopsy last week for cancer; it appears the cancer may have come back. I made the prayer for peace some years ago, so I no longer have to pray for peace. My prayer now is one of thanks for each extra day. God willing, I hope to have a few more years, but who knows.
This is a beautiful testimony of faith and the same very real supernatural peace I have experienced before in moments of anxiety/severe panic attacks. Praying for you.