God and Computers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

enoch1nine

We're not supposed to be afraid of demons in computers and ghosts in the hallways.
If we are, God won't keep us from thinking those things are real, even "seeing" them.
That's why anyone who claims to have seen a ghost, is the only one who "knows" he saw a ghost.
Just believing in such crazy things is enough to render your own poetic justice, answered according
to the multitude of one's own idols.

[SUP]26 [/SUP]I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
[SUP]27 [/SUP]When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
[SUP]28 [/SUP]Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
[SUP]29 [/SUP]For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord:
[SUP]30 [/SUP]They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
[SUP]31 [/SUP]Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.

[SUP]32 [/SUP]For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
[SUP]33 [/SUP]But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

allaboutlove

Jun 11, 2013
I agree its probaly just a virus but i also thinm yall r kinda wrong for jus completly blowing the idea off if God wanted to control a computer he could an he might have some reason to.. an as far as demons or ghost possesin it we,, stranger thing have happend.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I agree its probaly just a virus but i also thinm yall r kinda wrong for jus completly blowing the idea off if God wanted to control a computer he could an he might have some reason to.. an as far as demons or ghost possesin it we,, stranger thing have happend.
Possibly a computer can be 'possessed'...Revelation 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

W

wwjd_kilden

What would the devil / a demon gain by possessing an object?
If there is any kind of supernatural activity in your house, then speak the name of Jesus and tell it to get lost (really, do, it helps).

Dec 9, 2011
I'd take your computer to the nearest Service Centre and then yourself to the nearest mental hospital.
What kind of spirit is that Need2Know.Thats not helpful.I'm not trying to be rude to you,but isn't the fruit of the spirit(gentle).

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Is there anything in the Bible about God regarding computers? I am definitely being contacted by a powerful force through my computer. It will start typing out messages to me on its own and take me to websites without me touching it, but I don't know if its being used for good or evil. The computer is giving me kind messages, although it has been taking me to some weird websites and I think its God trying to warn me about something. Still I've heard the devil sometimes uses cybernatural phenomenon to try and lure people in. What does the Bible say about God and the cybernatural?
actually Yes I know exactly what you mean, I have a great antivirus and if i had a virus i would know but I don't. my laptop takes me to random place, everytime I click on something here in cc it opens a tab to some christian dating site. It took me to a site that gives a bible map to show where to go to buy bibles. and used to if I were to watch a certain christian youtube video it would freeze and speak in veeeerry slow motion that makes it sound satanic.

B

BeanieD

Oh, yes he can. Absolutely can use them.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
This sounds like a job for
Demonbuster.com

They actually have names for computer demons.
Yup.... Sure do.

S

sunshinelovin1700

actually Yes I know exactly what you mean, I have a great antivirus and if i had a virus i would know but I don't. my laptop takes me to random place, everytime I click on something here in cc it opens a tab to some christian dating site. It took me to a site that gives a bible map to show where to go to buy bibles. and used to if I were to watch a certain christian youtube video it would freeze and speak in veeeerry slow motion that makes it sound satanic.

It sounds like you have adware/tracking cookies may I suggest SUPERAntiSpyware - AntiAdware. AntiSpyware. AntiMalware.
This is a great program and free too. There is a paid version but free version is great.

nl

Jun 26, 2011
I would control my time on the computer. I wouldn't let the computer control my time.

===

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. - James 4:7

A man's heart devises his way: but the LORD directs his steps. - Proverbs 16:9

And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. - 1 Corinthians 14:32

R

richie_2uk

R

richie_2uk

Is there anything in the Bible about God regarding computers? I am definitely being contacted by a powerful force through my computer. It will start typing out messages to me on its own and take me to websites without me touching it, but I don't know if its being used for good or evil. The computer is giving me kind messages, although it has been taking me to some weird websites and I think its God trying to warn me about something. Still I've heard the devil sometimes uses cybernatural phenomenon to try and lure people in. What does the Bible say about God and the cybernatural?
There is nothing in the bible about computers.As computers were unheard of, unthought of, and never ever entered in anyone's minds. However we are living in a technical world of technology, and what people put in these technology are the problem. For example, A hacker will steal information from people computers, either for financial gain. or purely for the fun of it because they can. But most people who hack mainly after information about you, me and the world. Why you may ask? well purely for money. however if you look in the bible about money is the root of all evil. so you can relate the bible to things like that.

Next, Computers are not harmful, same as a gun. What I mean by that, what kills? a gun? or the person pulling the trigger? so think about it, computers are not evil, its what people use them for is evil. Not all people will use a computer for evil. but the potential is there. So again the bible is related to evil.

So being contacted by a powerful force through your computer, may sound a bit weird in a sense of the devil trying to get at you. Its not the computer that the enemy uses, its the people he manipulates to cause evil. You got to remember the enemy knows he cannot get at you or anyone because of your belief in God. Its your time, that the enemy tries to rob and steal. and that's were he is at work with his so called powerful force.

Using a computer is like fire. its can be good and bad. Like fire its give you warmth and be used for good things. but you mis-use fire, well what happens? you get burnt. like a computer you can use it for good things. but once your time is overtaken by using a computer, well you get your time away from God, then that's when your time has been robbed.

So anything about computers in the bible? well no, none what's so ever. As for scriptures I mean. But there are lots of things in the bible regarding evilness, and the way the enemy works to manipulate and try take control of people lives. and as we live in 2013, a technologically world, the enemy can use people with technology for his purpose of evil.

Sounds like you have some either a spyware software or a Trojan you have somehow got from the net. there are good free software out there to get rid of spyware, Trojans, or browser hijacking. If you go to this website and download malwarebytes. you will get rid of any spyware or any Trojan, or malware that is hijacking your browser.

Here is how.
1. Download malwarebytes from Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download
2. From the site, Click on free download.
3. Click on Download now. Once you get your download prompt to save or run?
4. Then saveas to your desktop.
5. Install it, then you may have to update it, let it update.
6. Then close off your internet access once you have updated your software.
7. Make sure you don't have internet running. and run malwareByte software. and let it search. it would be wise to do a full scan. this may take some time. but once it's done. you will get a text file of the search. close that. then click on show all.
there you will see the infected files that is troubling your computer. also there you can click on remove all. then restart your computer, to refresh. then you are least a bit more safer than before.

I hope this is helpful. God bless.................

S

sunshinelovin1700

Cookies are not harmful. however they are annoying data that clogs up your computer. if you want a good and free software to get rid of Malware, or spyware. download malwarebytes. its the best out there, even for free.
Yes that is a good one too. Got that on my pc. Great suggestion:)

G

Graybeard

cookies are nice dunked in coffee!

S

sunshinelovin1700

cookie-monster.jpg Me love cookie!