God created evil

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tintin

People say, 'Oh, but there is a capital G!' That makes evil a little more pronounced. See, JHVH created all good in the Garden of Eden. In 2 stages, we (pre-man) were cast out. The 1st stage, we (pre-man) were still in the presence of JHVH. The 2nd stage, we (learning to be manly) were cast away from the presence into total uncivility. JHVH just let nature take care of us since the creation of mortals wanted to have visibility. There is something about the statement in the bible about Woman being the first deceived. How, you ask?

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

The visibility did it. The seeing causing a desire.

But, JHVH caused the tree to grow, why? There had to a purpose because because JHVH does not tempt. What was that purpose? What did JHVH name the tree? 'The tree of knowledge of good and evil.'

There was created inside the Garden something that the woman could understand. When this something that was on the tree communicated with the woman, the woman communicated back an extra command that JHVH did not relay to the created man. The command was 'neither shall ye touch it.' The word 'touch,' in that context could mean desire.

A person has to study very much to gain the knowledge of why fruits and vegetables and herbs are so beneficial to the person who consumes them. The communication from the tree came that 'Dieing you will not die.' Or it is written 'You will not surely die.' In other words, 'You will not fully die you will be like the gods knowing good and evil.'

If that was an animal communicating with the woman, the god to that animal was another animal. The God to the serpent was the grand serpent. That is exactly what has happened.
My goodness, you speak a lot of bollocks.

Jun 23, 2015
(Robin)
I find this topic thread confusing ... why the controversy, in other words?
That is, God did, indeed, create evil, and the Adversary ... He did, the bible tells us that He did, so what's the question?
Its more a rhetorical question than anything! This is something that I was discussing earlier that day with someone else. He disagreed with me.

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013

God gave us free will, with free will came sin, and the result of sin is evil.

God is good, all that he created was good. But everything changed due to sin, which could only emanate from within us.. We chose sin, and by that disobedience came the knowledge of good and evil. We now live in a fallen world where evil exist, and every living thing dies.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
I'm bringing this topic up because it came up during our weekly Bible discussion.
@Magenta has given some excellent answers in the first page and the GotQuestions link to this topic is very well thought out however i think the potential for evil or Satan himself was perhaps created in order to appreciate God more, based on our (limited) free-will.
If i am not mistaken, the name Satan in Hebrew or ancient Greek (depending on locality) is considered as "The opposing one".
So this "opposition" was by design perhaps in order to, again, make us more appreciative of our condition and relationship to God.

How would we know good if we didn't have suffering?
And how can we know anything if we don't have (limited) free-will to explore?
Would we know anything if God created us to love him forever in a programmed manner?

Maybe He created a universe like that and He didn't like it. But our current condition makes perfect sense when you factor-in suffering, free-will and the ability to love someone out of this free-will, not in a programmed manner.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
God made the earth. He made night and Day. Hot and cold. And he created some vessels for wrath and others for mercy, even us the elect. He makes peace and creates evil. Praise the LORD for all he does.

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light and create darkness: I make peace and create evil: I the Lord do all these things"

Let us praise the Lord and give thank to him for his salvation for he is in heaven and we are on earth. Therefore give him ALL the honor and glory due his name for he does as he pleases.

Psalm 115:3 "Our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he pleases"

People sometimes ask why bad things happen. They happen because it is the will of God. ALL things are in his hands. Thank you Lord for your mercy and your Grace. We are in the hands of almighty God who will never fail. Let the redeemed of the Lord say so.

Psalm 107:2 "Let the redeemed of the Lord say so whom he has redeemed from the hand of the enemy"
“People sometimes ask why bad things happen. They happen because it is the will of God. “

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

You seem to be forgetting man’s free Will and dominion on earth Heres a perfect example

“And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭2:15-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Gods Will is that Adam dwell on Eden and work the land and his Will is that Adam doesn’t eat the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil he expresses his Will in his words always

Gods Will was tbat Adam be in Eden with him and not eat the fruit of death

Satans Will is that tbey now eat the fruit that God declared was certain death so he lies

“And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: for God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭3:4-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

a now they have done what God commanded them not to do they have transgressed his Will for them to be in his presence in Eden and live

Now you see the result that’s not Gods Will

“And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat? And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat. And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat. Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; in the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭3:11-13, 16-17, 19, 23-24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

maybe the best place to see it is here anyone can see this is not the Will of God that’s happened

“And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭6:5-7, 12-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

my point is God created Satan Satan does the evil and wills the evil in rebellion against Gods Will tbat is good and perfect and a blessing to man God want us with him alive forever satan wants us dead

man has to choose because we were created for and given agency under God upon the earth his Will is not that evil happens he’s dealing with the reality of man’s wickedness trying to save them so he is allowing the wickedness to persist until it’s time