"God Told Me to Vote For..." (ANONYMOUS POLL).

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

"God Told Me to Vote For..." (Anonymous Poll.)

• I believe God let me to vote for Barack Obama in the past election.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I believe God led me to vote for Mitt Romney in the past presidental election.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I believe that God told me we would become a more Christian nation under Obama.

• I believe God told me that we would become a more Christian nation under Obama.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • God did not influence my vote--I chose on my own.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I voted with my Christian beliefs in mind, but do not feel God specifically told me who to vote for.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I believe God led me to vote for a specific candidate.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I believe God would lead different people to vote for different candidates.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I believe God would lead all His people to vote for the same candidate.

• Other--feel free to post your thoughts.

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
J

jimmydiggs

I don't vote for democrats. There's nothing Christian about it. If it's an option, I generally vote Constitution party.

The GOP is the party of stupid, and the Democratic party is the party of evil. Both aren't interested in Righteousness.

It's not a matter of "God whispered in my ear.."

M

MissCris

I've never voted. And then I complain about the results of elections....yeah, I'm "that person".

However...this last election, I watched all the debates and suddenly reeeeeally wanted to vote, and missed the deadline to register to do so by ONE. DAY. *Sigh*

I also do not think God is "political", not in the sense that humans are...obviously he's not a Republican or Democrat or anything, but I DO believe that the people in power are only there because God has a plan, and they are a part of it. For instance...if we're headed towards a one-world currency, then the U.S. is going to have be in really, really bad shape in order to accept that.

And...well...take a look around
:eek:

BTW...I got a phone call half way through typing this, so if it makes no sense, it's because I'm distracted.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
lol, i knew it wouldnt take long before someone started insulting various political parties. Glad to see some christians never let me down on their vast amounts of negativity and ignorance. And we wonder why the world slowly likes us less and less as a whole...

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
*grumbles about lack of un-American options.

I'm fairly similar to Tintin, although I highly value social policies that take care of the poor and give everyone a fair go.

Sorry guys, I have enough trouble keeping up with American politics, let alone Aussie! :)

I would suggest that maybe you could write a poll for your own political leaders/parties as well? Isn't that what the appeal of voting/democracy/freedom in politics is all about, after all?

If you're shaking your head over a lack of options... instead of grumbling, you need to create your own. :)

T

Tintin

I didn't grumble. Politics are important but I can't pretend that I find them interesting, I don't. Also, voting is mandatory in Australia. You don't vote, you receive a big fine, or court, or in extreme cases - jail. Yes, they take it seriously.

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
This thread inspired me to some deep thinking.
My first thought of logic would be that God would not contradict in who was to win the election.
But then, I remembered that I don't fully understand all of God's ways.
Who am I to say that God would not have His purpose to have someone vote for a candidate that was not supposed to win? Understanding the complexity of cause and effect, it could be possible that God could tell a person to vote in a way that differently than what the outcome of the election should be. It is possible that we might not understand fully what effect that person's vote might have had on just one person somewhere.
Therefore, I think the real important question would be why God had a person vote the way that they did. Many might not have asked God why.
Why was Obama selected? If you seek God on this, you will see how it fulfills His purpose and the scriptures.
Being held up by traffic is not something that I would consider being God's will at first thought. However, one day it happened to me and I saw God's purpose in it and how He placed me where He wanted me at His appointed time.

A

arwen83

*grumbles about lack of un-American options.

I'm fairly similar to Tintin, although I highly value social policies that take care of the poor and give everyone a fair go.
Yeah it's kind of expected tho... its a very American thing to do, have a thread about politics and it be all about them *teases*
One of these days, I'm gonna have some patriotic American lashing out on me.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I didn't grumble. Politics are important but I can't pretend that I find them interesting, I don't. Also, voting is mandatory in Australia. You don't vote, you receive a big fine, or court, or in extreme cases - jail. Yes, they take it seriously.
Not you, Tintin :) Stuey wrote that he was grumbling about a lack of un-American options. :)

This is interesting... I didn't realize voting was mandatory in Australia...

My apologies to all our non-American friends out there--your answers are just as valuable so please feel free to share. However, yes, if you want to see your own leaders and candidates in a poll, alas... I won't be able to help with that. :)

But I'd love to read your contribution or a poll you decide to design in tribute to your own country. :)

T

Tintin

Hey, no worries, mate. It takes quite a bit to offend most Aussies.

Aug 25, 2012
lol, i knew it wouldnt take long before someone started insulting various political parties. Glad to see some christians never let me down on their vast amounts of negativity and ignorance. And we wonder why the world slowly likes us less and less as a whole...
thats the problem, lukewarm world conforming so called followers of jesus like you, you spawn of hell, you chicken hearted man child.

james 4:4 read it and weep buddy.

I

iTOREtheSKY

At the risk of being called un-American,or hating Jesus,or not lovable enough for Canadians...or even worse a chicken hearted man child...I will confess, I have never once since being of legal age voted in any presidential election. Why? Because in my opinion all the parties are horrible - some greater/lesser & violate God's word in to degree or another. I do however pray for those in leadership.

D

dashadow

thats the problem, lukewarm world conforming so called followers of jesus like you, you spawn of hell, you chicken hearted man child.

james 4:4 read it and weep buddy.
No, I think the hateful and self-righteous are the problem. I don't see how you can even mention Jesus and spew such hatred at the same time. Praying for you.

D

dashadow

Hey, no worries, mate. It takes quite a bit to offend most Aussies.
Just don't say anything derogatory about the Bee Gees. That might set the Aussies off. I know it would get my blood to boiling. :)

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
At the risk of being called un-American,or hating Jesus,or not lovable enough for Canadians...or even worse a chicken hearted man child...I will confess, I have never once since being of legal age voted in any presidential election. Why? Because in my opinion all the parties are horrible - some greater/lesser & violate God's word in to degree or another. I do however pray for those in leadership.
I'll share your burden. I have only voted once.

I'll go a step further.
God showed me beforehand who was going to win the election (not just I, my mother and others too). He also told me why it was necessary in order to fulfill His purpose and other things that are about to take place.
I use discretion in who I share with because of the many people that refuse to ask God and/or doubt His ability to answer. So they believe that the same must be so for everyone else and become mockers and scoffers as it is written would be so.
I've had some people even straight out say, "I don't really want to know." So be it then.
I will keep these treasures hidden as God has said to do, so that they would not be trampled under foot by swine.

Hope that takes some heat off your back, iTOREtheSKY. :)

I

iTOREtheSKY

heeheehee ty Markum. I took heat for it back in the 90's in my old church,so now if people want to freak out at me about my choice it really doesn't bother me. My old pastor was always preaching from the pulpit that it was our duty,not only as christians but as an american to vote,most of the congregation believed that as well. Not me. I just didn't buy into the hype. I never felt convicted by my choice either. Even asked god.."Am I wrong,does this offend you that I don't vote?" I never heard back from him telling me I'd burn in hell or that I'd lose rep points with him because of it. lol Now if,like you God told me who to vote for...then I totally would!

leelee

Sep 5, 2011
I am from Scotland, the current voting debate is on the independence referendum, I know how I will be voting in tat but going back to the previous UK parliamentary election I voted in the way I believed would protect the culture and values of the small Island group that I come from, I voted for the candidate that I believed had and has our best interests as his agenda. I voted for our current MP and I definitely feel I made the right decision.

If I was not from where I come from I probably would have voted a different party, as it was I voted for the MP candidate rather than the party as a whole.