God Will Judge His House First At Pre Trib Rapture

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
For those that do not believe in a partial pre trib rapture: explain how Paul can say he can become a castaway below.

1 Corinthians 9:[SUP]23 [/SUP]And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you. [SUP]24 [/SUP]Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. [SUP]25 [/SUP]And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: [SUP]27 [/SUP]But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

So are we working to keep our salvation? No.

John 6:[SUP]39 [/SUP]And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

He will lose nothing of all the Father has given Him and yet ths was prophesied of the falling away from the faith.

1 Timothy 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; [SUP]2 [/SUP]Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

So that is why God is judging His House first at the pre tribulational rapture event and why Jesus has been warning His disciples to prepare themselves to be ready to go when the Bridegroom comes. Reread the OP once more to see how all those verses tie in by His grace & by His help. Amen.
Do you see the timing given in any of these passages?
Do you see anything that says the church is snatched away to heaven before the tribulation?
Do you see anything that discusses two separate returns of the Lord?
Do you see anything that states the Saints discussed during the Tribulation were left behind?

I don't.

I see the Lord tell us in 3 separate places that He comes AFTER the tribulation
I see us warned NOT to be deceived, as to the timing and identity of the Man of Sin (Abomination of Desolation), a warning that would be completely irrelevant if we were to be long gone.
I see 7 passages that teach us to have "Patience and Faith" (to wait for the real Christ)

Pre-Trib Rapture believers see 1 Thes 4:13-17 as proof of a Pre-Trib Rapture, yet Paul does not give a timing here. He does provide a timing in 2 Thes 2. Rather than seeing 2 Thes 2 as a further explanation of 1 Thes 4 (which it is), they invent a whole new return and doctrine. Consider that the audience was the same, the Church at Thessalonica. Why would Paul tell the Church they would be raptured in his first letter then warn them not to be deceived about the timing in the second letter and place the timing after the Man of Sin is revealed???? The Thessalonians can't be in both groups. They are either going to be raptured before the Tribulation or after, but not both. If Paul taught two separate returns of the Lord, why does he NEVER make a distinction between the two so as to not confuse the reader?? The answer is, there is only one return that's why no distinction is ever made.

Other problems with the Pre-Trib doctrine is that the Lord teaches us all over the place that Jesus is to sit at the right hand of the Father until He has made His enemies His footstool which doesn't happen until the Bowls are poured out towards the end of the Tribulation. Jesus teaches in Mark 13 and John 15:15 that He has told us ALL things. But nowhere does Jesus teach a Rapture.

We also see from Zech 13 that 2/3 of Israel are to be cut off and 1/3 will be purified by fire and saved. But we are not told any are Raptured. We know that at least 2% of National Israel are Messianic Jews thus would be included in a Rapture, but their fate is not discussed. The birth, ministry, death, resurrection and second coming of the Lord are all prophesied over 300 times in the OT, but no Rapture is discussed.

Last edited:

Enow

Banned
Dec 21, 2012
I see the Lord tell us in 3 separate places that He comes AFTER the tribulation
There is tribulation and there is great tribulation. The falling away happens first and then God judges His House first because of it. If God led Paul to teach about excommunication and what the purpose of excommunication will do, will not God do the same thing with His House?

1 Corinthians 5: [SUP]4 [/SUP]In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Will not the Lord be gathering us together too?[SUP]

[/SUP]To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

So is that's what going to happen to thise errant wayward & carnal saints that get left behind?
[SUP]6 [/SUP]Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? [SUP]7 [/SUP]Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: [SUP]8 [/SUP]Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Will not God being doing the same thing for the Marriage Supper?

This all falls in line with Jesus warning believers to be ready & be found abiding in Him by His grace & by His help because God is coming to judge His House first because of the falling away from the faith to wake them up & restore them to the path of righteousness for His name's sake, even though they be left behind to face the coming great tribulation.

God warned the seven churches for that reason as it was made clear here:

Revelation 2:[SUP]21 [/SUP]And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. [SUP]22 [/SUP]Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. [SUP]23 [/SUP]And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

So God will be judging His House first by the practise of excommunication as well to save the spirit:

1 Corinthians 5:[SUP]5 [/SUP]To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus