Good bye but thank you

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

justbelieve

After nearly 2 years of praying, hoping, a lot of pain and tears, and some happy times... I received the answer I had been waiting for, and it was "no". I do not blame God in any way and I know He is perfect and just... but I am just too tired and beat down. I barely survived these nearly 2 years of waiting... but now that I have received the answer, my life looks like it will only get worse. It was my choices and my sin that caused my life to turn out this way but I just do not have the ability to "hang in there," "be strong," or "keep your head up". I also do not know HOW to "rest in the Lord," "rely on His strength," or "take comfort in Him".
I do want to thank the many of you on here who responded to my prayer requests and prayed for me during this time... I greatly appreciate your concern and support. Take care.

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
I'm sorry that you are so weary. I have been there.

In high school, God told me that I was called to be a Pastor's wife. That was when I was sixteen. Soon, I turn thirty-four and I am still single, have never had a single Christian man interested in me, have never dated, am still waiting. There were times when I wearied, but ultimately, God is there through it all and there is always a reason for the waiting.

I like to think of it this way: God never says 'no'. He says 'yes', 'not now' or 'I have something better'.

We do make choices that mess up our lives, however God is faithful. His word says that He makes all things work together for good for those who love Him. Our trials are used later to encourage another believer to press on and press in.

I hope you choose to stay and that you choose to hold onto His hand and if you need anything, PM those here that have been the strongest and greatest help for you during the waiting.

Dec 9, 2013
I'm sorry that you are so weary. I have been there.

In high school, God told me that I was called to be a Pastor's wife. That was when I was sixteen. Soon, I turn thirty-four and I am still single, have never had a single Christian man interested in me, have never dated, am still waiting. There were times when I wearied, but ultimately, God is there through it all and there is always a reason for the waiting.

I like to think of it this way: God never says 'no'. He says 'yes', 'not now' or 'I have something better'.

We do make choices that mess up our lives, however God is faithful. His word says that He makes all things work together for good for those who love Him. Our trials are used later to encourage another believer to press on and press in.

I hope you choose to stay and that you choose to hold onto His hand and if you need anything, PM those here that have been the strongest and greatest help for you during the waiting.
Hey I am sure there are plenty of guys out there that would be interested in you.

I'm single .... I don't think it will work out though:p

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
Hey I am sure there are plenty of guys out there that would be interested in you.

I'm single .... I don't think it will work out though:p
Thanks. :) I have learned through the waiting that there is a reason and a season. The hardest times were in my mid to late twenties. Now, I am blessed for the waiting. :)

Thanks for the smile :D

R

Raine

Hold on! I know you are weary and probably feel that you are in the deepest pit ever, but God's love is deeper still. Like mystdancer said, God is faithful. I don't know your whole story... but maybe these few words can encourage you.

Just give it all to God. Stop trying, stop fighting, stop resisting and just give it all to Him. It is his burden and not yours. He knows your weariness and knows your feelings. As humans we all naturally seek Love and God is Love and if you let Him, He will fill that void for you. And you said that you don't know how to rest in Him... I know sometimes for me, I just listen to worship songs and just sing out my heart to God and ask Him to teach me how to rest in Him.

And yes, sometimes our actions cause devastating consequences... but God is faithful. Think of how God still gave Abraham and Sarah a child even though they doubted and Abraham got Hagar pregnant etc. God still blessed them anyway. And He does the same for us.

I'm sure that you have probably heard these similar encouragements before... but I hope it helps... Most importantly, remember that He loves you. You are his beloved child and his master piece. And His plans for you are always for good.

I'll be praying for you.

Jun 22, 2013
If you can find a guy who can commit to you, you can have a lasting friendly relationship without having sex.
You just have to find a guy like me, cyphercat.