Happy 4th of July to those in the US!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Hellooo

oooh, maybe all hope is not lost..the rain just stopped and I can see a lot of people walking towards the river....

H

Hellooo

I'm incredibly grateful and humbled by being able to live in the U.S. My parents came from absolutely nothing and got naturalized while I was in my teens, and they've always told me how they came here to give us an opportunity for a better life. Glory to God.

J

jkalyna

Actually the Declaration was signed on July 2nd, it was adopted by the Continental Congress on July 4th. Thomas Jefferson (the author) wanted July 2nd to be the official Independence Day.
awh shucks, why ruin the fun I knew it was the wronge day all the time, just never told anyone.. :)

K

kayem77

Happy 4th of July dear Americans! I love watching your fireworks :)

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Actually the Declaration was signed on July 2nd, it was adopted by the Continental Congress on July 4th. Thomas Jefferson (the author) wanted July 2nd to be the official Independence Day.
No, it was voted on by Congress on July 2nd and the final approval and signing was on July 4th. Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin and John Adams all wrote that they signed it on July 4th.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I like Rush! Both the band and the man. :D I used to not like him when he started out when Clinton was president but he's not the same person he was then.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
I wasn't a big fan of Rush Limbaugh in the Clinton Era either Zero, but I do think he's better now. I don't get a chance to listen to him much anymore, but I like him. I'm a pretty conservative person so I like him and Sean Hannity. I also like Glen Beck sometimes. But he can be pretty radical.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
I like the band Rush too. My Mom bought me the song Tom Sawyer on vinyl when I was a kid, lol. My First vinyl I bought on my own was Rappers Delight, do you remember that?

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
Yesterday was fun, I was worn out by the end of the day. Kids swimming all day, dinner with friends, badminton with kids, bug spray, fireworks everywhere. It was such a fun summer day. I love those days!

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I like the band Rush too. My Mom bought me the song Tom Sawyer on vinyl when I was a kid, lol. My First vinyl I bought on my own was Rappers Delight, do you remember that?
Haha sorry I don't think I've ever heard of Rappers Delight, but its a funny name lol.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
Oh you have to look it up on you tube. You'll love it!

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
awh shucks, why ruin the fun I knew it was the wronge day all the time, just never told anyone.. :)
Jkalayna, A lot of Americans don't know that the 1812 overture we play on July 4 was about Russia's 1812 victory, so you can hold that over our heads too ;)

S

Shouryu

Jkalayna, A lot of Americans don't know that the 1812 overture we play on July 4 was about Russia's 1812 victory, so you can hold that over our heads too ;)
Yeah, we played 1812 last night, as is common. The only reason it's really used is because of the cannon fire at the end. As I always joke, "What more appropriate way to celebrate America's Independence than by playing the piece about Russia's success against Napoleon, written by a dead Russian pedophile? It's the most American thing I can think of!" (Of course, my best friend always has to defend Tchaik. "Alleged! He was an alleged pedophile! It was never proven!" It always riles him up. ^_^ )

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
I expressed my freedom yesterday by staying home with my family, wearing comfy clothes, not fixing my hair or makeup, and being productive by doing my laundry and cleaning out the inside of my car.

Also, eating Tres Leches cake. :eek: