He is so wonderful

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 10, 2012
I will take that as an apology. Consistent with what I said just above to Piper 2, I don't care what your opinion of me is, I care about the attitude, and you have apologized for that. If you feel we need to discuss something, you can e-mail me, and I will discuss it with you. If you feel you have evidence that there is something wrong with me, my walk, or my posting, please feel free to let me know.
shall be delighted to

P

piper27

Thank you. I'm not hurt for myself. I am hurt for the attitude expressed here. I really only have the right to confront the situation based on what has happened to me, so that's what I'm doing. Two people, both relatively new, expressed fear at coming to this thread (posts #12 and #32). In the context of praise of God, we should do better toward each other.

And I do feel His love, and part of it is coming from you.
Ahhh, did a little search of the posts you refrenced :) I'm sure there is a lot of history a newbie would not be aware of? At any rate, be blessed today and every day!!! God is a big God and he delights in his kids!!!!

Sep 10, 2012
Ahhh, did a little search of the posts you refrenced :) I'm sure there is a lot of history a newbie would not be aware of? At any rate, be blessed today and every day!!! God is a big God and he delights in his kids!!!!
there has been a bit of history that you are not aware of and it saddens me when certain newbies ask how they are to be saved and the response given does not include the idea of repentance or turning to God in love through Jesus and turning from our sins and it also saddens me when God's truth is denied and it is publicly proclaimed that God is a judge but does not sentence unrepentant sinners to hell when the bible says clearly that He does and then it also disturbs me when a person who has a terrible medical condition is treated without compassion and then when I make a thread to glorify and honour God, a lightly veiled insult is given by that incompassionate person claiming to be a christian and then others who also claim to be christians add more insults..but you would not be aware of all that history cause you are just a newbie offering your opinion

P

psychomom

I will take that as an apology. Consistent with what I said just above to Piper 2, I don't care what your opinion of me is, I care about the attitude, and you have apologized for that. If you feel we need to discuss something, you can e-mail me, and I will discuss it with you. If you feel you have evidence that there is something wrong with me, my walk, or my posting, please feel free to let me know.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. (Gal. 5:22-23)

The end of a matter is better than its beginning; Patience of spirit is better than haughtiness of spirit. (Ecc. 7:8)

Ken.
I was going to send this privately, but I feel it should be said publicly.

In what you originally stated, and here, I looked, and each of the fruits of the Spirit are evident. :)

"Patience of spirit...". Yep. :)

Well done, brother. :)
-ellie

Jun 24, 2010
We all have issues from time to time and God is very patient with us and in some cases very long-suffering and gives us grace when it comes to these things so that we can grow up in Christ and have good understanding and good judgment as we mature. When it comes to the brethren we always have to consider the plan of God that is working in their life and forming Christ in them. How I have made mistakes and misjudged others all over the place in my walk with God and have even been chastised for it because it was done without grace, without discernment and without guidance from the Holy Spirit. It was all in the flesh and God had to make me see it and learn how to turn from it as I grew up. Still today I have isolated failures in that area and it is always better to keep my mouth shut and let God deal with my heart and leave others alone.

In today's church, sins of the tongue are so easily accepted by others because we have been acclimated to hear and give attention to these things being of this present evil world system that we live in but are not a part of. Two verses in particular have helped me to be quickened and awakened to save me from sinning with my tongue (and I have failed much)...

Jm 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

Eph 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

And at the same time we also have a duty in the will of God to our speech being seasoned (arrange, make ready, fit) with salt (Col 4:6) and in doing so we learn how to do that with much temperance (self control as one who would be able to rule his own spirit - Pr 25:28 and possess his vessel - 1Thes 4:4). The salt is a sprinkled seasoning that is used to preserve and protect and concerning our speech it pertains to wisdom along with much grace. This is such a crucial thing for the believer because of (Prov 6:16-19) which mentions three of the seven things the Lord's hates concerning with the tongue. Our Lord also mentions this in (Mt 12:36,37)...

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word (unprepared because of no labor) that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

There has to be an application for the believer concerning the words that come from his own mouth within and without the local assemble and house of God.

Eccl 5;1,2

1 Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.
2 Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.

Prov 16:7 When a man's ways (that includes the way of the tongue) please the Lord, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him. (interesting verse)

Last edited:
K

kenisyes

Without saying anything private, let me say Carolineh has e-mailed me to discuss some things privately. as we had said last night. I hope to have good news of God's victory in the situation in a few days.

P

piper27

Thank you. I'm not hurt for myself. I am hurt for the attitude expressed here. I really only have the right to confront the situation based on what has happened to me, so that's what I'm doing. Two people, both relatively new, expressed fear at coming to this thread (posts #12 and #32). In the context of praise of God, we should do better toward each other.

And I do feel His love, and part of it is coming from you.

My apologies! Obviously there is a history here that i clearly don't understand. Forgive me for jumping in. :) have a wonderfuly blessed day - and my love overflow out of the abundance.!!!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
First, I love to give glory and honour to our God, and second, I have lived out of the US so long, I do not know half the time if I am spelling in English or in English, and sometimes not spelling at all, but I love this language that spans the globe.

K

kenisyes

My apologies! Obviously there is a history here that i clearly don't understand. Forgive me for jumping in. :) have a wonderfuly blessed day - and my love overflow out of the abundance.!!!
You have nothing to apologize for. Expressing concern and love in Jesus is never wrong.

Sep 10, 2012
Ellie I pray for you that God will in time make you way more discerning...may you be blessed forever...stay in His word and I hope you are receiving good Godly teaching..may I recommend John Macarthur, RC Sproul, J Vernon Magee, Ray Comfort, Todd Friel just to name a few

Jul 12, 2012
"He is so wonderful"

Praise God that a good friend of mine who was about to lose his wife and children are reconciling.

I know two others in the same situation. To those who love, pitch in, in the name of Jesus for salvation's sake.

Sep 10, 2012
that is good news...I hope they know Jesus as their Lord and Savior

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
I welcome this thread because you don't have to open it to know who it refers to :)

Keeps taking my attention indeed.

Remembering our First Love indeed.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
that is good news...I hope they know Jesus as their Lord and Savior
When I lived in Chicago, and my IS was AOL, I used to fellowship with an onine group called Prayer Warriors, a very loving bunch in Yeshua.

Your saying "He is so wonderful," reminds me of a very humble woman in that group who would always say, "God is good all of the time." The first time a read it, I thought, gee and duhh. But as she kept saying it in her posts I realized, this is so very true, and worthy to be repeated.

Now I say it often when I post, so people will think about it, just as did this wonderful sister in the Lord. Yes, God is good all of the time......................He is so wonderful, amen.

G

GreenNnice

His name is wonderful . Isaiah 9:6

[Youtube]EA24iJr_bZk[/youtube]

Sep 10, 2012
that was truly beautiful...what a treat..thankyou GreenNice

P

psychomom

Ellie I pray for you that God will in time make you way more discerning...may you be blessed forever...stay in His word and I hope you are receiving good Godly teaching..may I recommend John Macarthur, RC Sproul, J Vernon Magee, Ray Comfort, Todd Friel just to name a few
Ummm..thank you? :)

I actually do listen to Grace To You (J macA, as my kiddos call him...lol) about twice a week, see Todd Friel when I happen to (and enjoy him, just don't watch much tv) and just bought a book by Sproul. :)

Caroline...if I have offended you in some way, I sincerely ask your pardon.
Please feel free to pm me if we need to talk.
I wouldn't willingly offend you for the wide world! ♥