Healing the Heart and Regaining Trust

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

latasha83

My friend of about 5 years and my boyfriend of 2 years cheated and got another woman pregnant. I have never been hurt before, and have never had trust issues. The pain I feel now is a pain I have never felt before, and it being so unexpected has truly damaged my trust. I have always given ppl the benefit of the doubt, now idk if how will be able to do that again.

GodssSon

Apr 29, 2012
Hey latasha83, I know how you feel :( I've had gone through similar situations several times, unfortunately, and the pain was extremely hard for me to get through as well. Not to mention a lot of trust issues, too. With time, and most importantly God's help, you'll heal. I'll keep you in prayer and if you ever need to talk, you can always message me!
-Tim

B

butterfly712

Hello and welcome,I hope you enjoy it here. :)

L

latasha83

Hey latasha83, I know how you feel :( I've had gone through similar situations several times, unfortunately, and the pain was extremely hard for me to get through as well. Not to mention a lot of trust issues, too. With time, and most importantly God's help, you'll heal. I'll keep you in prayer and if you ever need to talk, you can always message me!
-Tim
Thanks, Tim. I'm surprised to see a man going through this and openly admitting it. First off, thank you for the prayers. I need as many as I can get. I have been praying hard for strength and peace. I made a mistake leaving God out of my life whenever I get settled and content. I have learned my lesson on that. I want to smile again and I want to trust again. I just wished I still didn't love him so much and we had a lot of good memories. I just didn't expect this. But I pray he learns and doesn't continue to do this to ppl who love him.

U

Ugly

welcome latasha
Time can be your best friend in this regard. But there is one catch. You have to make conscious efforts to not dwell. Not only on what happened, but also on how it made you feel. Now that's not to say ignore it, deny it, pretend you don't feel it. But its about not letting it be your focus. Sometimes you just have to make a conscious effort to resist thoughts. Because those dwelling thoughts are what lead to anger, bitterness, lack of trust, etc...
Perhaps find scriptures that pertain to the various feelings you have. Hurt, anger, fear, whatever else. And then find scriptures that relate to those topics and when you find those feelings start rising up (or those thoughts pushing too invade) start reciting those scriptures to yourself. If need be keep copies of them in your phone, or a notepad or something you can keep with you.
You loved this man enough to marry him. So chances are you will always feel something for him. The goal shouldn't be to fall out of love or 'get over him' but rather how to mange those feelings.
But, over time you will either get better, or you will get worse, depending on where you allow your thoughts to be.
Also don't be afraid to set time just for the purpose of thinking on all of this. Set some times of your day up as a time to work on all that you're feeling, to let yourself feel more. And when that time is up, go back to trying to control your thoughts. Your thoughts will affect your feelings, which will either positively or negatively affect your healing or not healing.

J

jesusmylordE

HEEY everyone

U

Ugly

If this is your introduction you should create your own thread to introduce yourself, not use someone elses. And possibly say more than 'hey'. Telling a little about yourself may get you a better response.

B

bluebirdchaser

That's so difficult! I am so sorry. I am happy for you in the approach you're taking though. I know God is going to bring you through and help you to smile again with him beside you and in you. Hang in there. You're welcome here.

L

latasha83

Thank yall so much. Me talking about it and leaning on God, building my relationship with Him, has been the only things getting me through. I have my ups and downs but that's when I let it consume me. Ik God would never put something in my life to hurt me. He just showed me who was for me and that He wanted me instead. My feelings for this man isn't gone, they may never leave, and I will always remember this hurt. But it's brought me closer to God and to other encouraging strong minded ppl in the Word. Thank you all again.