Hebrews 13:4 the marriage bed undefiled

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Church2u2

Other than a ménage a trois..which falls under adultery and fornication...what other sexual practices can defile a marriage...There are some christian married couples who think that this scripture means...that they can engage in any sexual act...as long as it is with their consenting spouse...

notuptome

May 17, 2013
There have been some other threads on this subject lately but opinions will vary.

Is sex for reproductive purposes only or is sex for recreational purposes?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

C

Church2u2

Know what...you're right about there being lots of similar threads to this one....hmmm?? Makes me wonder if us Christians are feeling extra Spicey..

K

kaylagrl

There have been some other threads on this subject lately but opinions will vary.

Is sex for reproductive purposes only or is sex for recreational purposes?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

I would say both.Just read Song of Solomon.

K

kaylagrl

Other than a ménage a trois..which falls under adultery and fornication...what other sexual practices can defile a marriage...There are some christian married couples who think that this scripture means...that they can engage in any sexual act...as long as it is with their consenting spouse...

Other than inviting other partners in, doing something illegal or totally against the Bible,all else is private and between a married couple. I'm very much against people discussing their intimate issues unless its counseling or with a qualified pastor.A lot of marriages have broken up because of horrible advice from people who had no clue what they were talking about. No one should know your private life,not even family.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I would say both.Just read Song of Solomon.
Don't know if I'm mature enough for Song of Solomon.

Hard to place this in context given the modern view of the subject. Modern folks see this far differently than the Puritans would have seen it.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

K

kaylagrl

Don't know if I'm mature enough for Song of Solomon.

Hard to place this in context given the modern view of the subject. Modern folks see this far differently than the Puritans would have seen it.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Yes,I suppose that would be true. I think there is nothing sinful in enjoying intimacy within a marriage. Other than our relationship with God there is none other so intimate. The two become one. But again,I believe it should be kept private.

azlightsout

Apr 20, 2016
Other than inviting other partners in, doing something illegal or totally against the Bible,all else is private and between a married couple. I'm very much against people discussing their intimate issues unless its counseling or with a qualified pastor.A lot of marriages have broken up because of horrible advice from people who had no clue what they were talking about. No one should know your private life,not even family.
exactly -- to many couple like too put stuff out there

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Yes,I suppose that would be true. I think there is nothing sinful in enjoying intimacy within a marriage. Other than our relationship with God there is none other so intimate. The two become one. But again,I believe it should be kept private.
You will get no argument from me about that but todays society is very open about things that are best not brought into the open. That means as best we can we respond to the inquiry and keep it pure before the Lord.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Dec 19, 2009
But I say to you that every one who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Matt 5:28 RSV

azlightsout

Apr 20, 2016
But I say to you that every one who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Matt 5:28 RSV
well u have lust vs admiration ---- two totally different things --- to admire a woman's beauty is one things but when a guy needs help putting his tongue back in his mouth then yeah he has sinned

C

Church2u2

I appreciate that you all have responded. Some people probably are thinking bout "pro-creating" when they're in the saddle. I'd be insulted if my spouse was like."Babe..do you feel like pro-creating tonight?" That's like telling me to put a paper bag over my head during cause he doesn't want to be distracted. Kaylagrl..I can understand your concerns but hopefully we'll keep this clean and christian and not play counselor or somebody's Pastor or get too personal about our love lives. Or lack there of. I'm looking forward to some good clean responses and scriptures.Thanks.

K

kaylagrl

I appreciate that you all have responded. Some people probably are thinking bout "pro-creating" when they're in the saddle. I'd be insulted if my spouse was like."Babe..do you feel like pro-creating tonight?" That's like telling me to put a paper bag over my head during cause he doesn't want to be distracted. Kaylagrl..I can understand your concerns but hopefully we'll keep this clean and christian and not play counselor or somebody's Pastor or get too personal about our love lives. Or lack there of. I'm looking forward to some good clean responses and scriptures.Thanks.

Things can get off track here fast. :D Just a little warning.

C

Church2u2

Thanks for the warning Kaylagrl. I've read the song of Solomon and it gave me the idea that Solomon was a sensual guy. You know he asked for wisdom in his prayer to God..I believe that included sexual wisdom as well. Of course eventually his many wives helped to turn Solomon's heart away from God through idolatrous practices.What I'm asking is has anybody ever found a scripture forbidding certain things ?I'm asking before I respond with what I've found in scripture.Thanks.

E

Eternallife

You know what Christ says about relations of the opposite sex are probably one of the most distorted topics in the world. My advice is to be patient and understand exactly what Christ says about it. 2 Corntiansa 1:5 I think tells us we are not to trust in ourselves or even to look to see what other people are doing including Christians but we are to trust in God.

E

ember

Know what...you're right about there being lots of similar threads to this one....hmmm?? Makes me wonder if us Christians are feeling extra Spicey..

haha

probably more like extra repressed

E

ember

here here

and the message I entered is too short

mheh

E

ember

Thanks for the warning Kaylagrl. I've read the song of Solomon and it gave me the idea that Solomon was a sensual guy. You know he asked for wisdom in his prayer to God..I believe that included sexual wisdom as well. Of course eventually his many wives helped to turn Solomon's heart away from God through idolatrous practices.What I'm asking is has anybody ever found a scripture forbidding certain things ?I'm asking before I respond with what I've found in scripture.Thanks.

uh...in that case you might also know about the gajillion wives and umpteen concubines?

I don't know how he had the time to write Song of songs

P

PurerInHeart

If a husband and wife have sex the way two homosexual men do- that is committing sodomy. If a husband sodomizes his wife, that is sinful.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Thanks for the warning Kaylagrl. I've read the song of Solomon and it gave me the idea that Solomon was a sensual guy. You know he asked for wisdom in his prayer to God..I believe that included sexual wisdom as well. Of course eventually his many wives helped to turn Solomon's heart away from God through idolatrous practices.What I'm asking is has anybody ever found a scripture forbidding certain things ?I'm asking before I respond with what I've found in scripture. Thanks.
It is clear from the bible that Solomon certainly did not have sexual wisdom. Neither did his dad for that matter.