Hello from a Spiritually Thirsty Gal

• Thread starter armedwithtruth247
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

armedwithtruth247

Hello,
I am new here. I go by Kat. For the past few weeks I have home from college (grad school) for the summer, and I am really having a tough time finding time for church fellowship amidst the many hours of my job as an armed security guard. Every day was like a retreat while I was at Liberty University (largest Christian university in the world), and now I find myself dropping from my spiritual plateau to a valley. Thought I would check out Christian Chat for some spiritual encouragement. I also will be heading to China for a year in September, where I won't have the privilege of a church community on a regular basis so online fellowship sounded like a good idea. Let me know if you have any suggestions or feel free to say hi! Thanks.

H

hattiebod

Welcome to CC, hope you will find encouragement and fun here. Sorry to hear you are in a bit of a valley...but remember, our faith and enthusiasm is built on a personal relationship with Christ, so it does not matter where you are if you are on a strong foundation. Often we do feel more enthusiastic for Him if we are in an environment surrounded by other believers but that's just feelings and emotions! I lived in China for 8 years, you will have a wonderful time! There are loads of oppertunities to fellowship, worship and evangelize there. You will find there are many gatherings, often run by English speaking Christians, so I am sure you will find your year such an amazing blessing! <><

Oct 29, 2009
Hey Kat! Welcome to CC :)

God sure does understand your situation. But no matter how busy we get there's always time to worship God or read the Bible. I'm glad that your making that extra step on trying to stay closer to God by coming on here. That's one of the reasons why I joined CC. Sometimes I can't go to church because it is far away. But coming on here or watching some sermons help me staying close to God. I also pray in the morning and before I go to bed. I end up in tears with snot everywhere sometimes. Going to church is important and I'm pretty sure they'll be a christian community when you get there. I do pray and hope that there is. Again, God understands if there isn't, but you have to make sure you try your best to keep your relationship with Him. A relationship with Christ is like any other relationship here, in a way. When you don't communicate with someone for awhile, the relationship becomes distant. Know that He isn't the one that gets distant, we are.

Kat, I do pray for you and I hope everything goes well. I'll be praying for you, and like I said before, if you need anything we are here for you :cool:

May 26, 2013
Hello Kat! Welcome to CC!

A

armedwithtruth247

Thank you for the encouragement and the verse from Zephaniah. One of my favorite verses. Needed the reminder today. You said you had been to China. How do you find churches there such as you speak of? I will be teaching in a public school so I was concerned I would be the only Christian around. I do spend time in the word everyday and journal and pray, I just myself slipping up sometimes around my non-believing friends since I have not had any Christian fellowship in a while. Honestly, Even today, I was in bad traffic and some words slipped out of my mouth that were unholy - words I had not said once in years. Thanks for the reminder though that my "faith and enthusiasm is built on a personal relationship with Christ." I once had that strong relationship, but I was in an un-holy relationship for a couple years until a few months a go and I just now feel like I am getting back to the place I need to be - back to the heart of who Jesus Christ is and what it means to follow him without reservations. It definitely will bring about change. Thanks for making me feel welcome!

A

armedwithtruth247

Thank you Godrocker. I know God understands. Yeah for a while I felt like God wasn't hearing me because I couldn't see past my sin. It is a beautiful thing to feel the joy of His gracious presence again.

Psalms 51:10-12
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right[b] spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from your presence,
and take not your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and uphold me with a willing spirit.

D

Duckies

Hi theres, it is nice to see that you are concerned for continuing your relationship with God; one of our first and most important steps is to become self aware of our actions and take a resolution for it (IMO). In short, you are doing great!! :D:D Keep up the good work and drop a line here on CC to stay in fellowship with all the beautiful people around here :)

I will be keeping your next chapter in life in my prayers, may God allow you to quickly find a Christian community that you can integrate to over there in China. God Bless!! :)

W

wa-Yesu

Here is where you may get safe and clean water for some extent cause the well here is not as much as WORD WELL!

D

Dine_wit_Me

Hello,
I am new here. I go by Kat. For the past few weeks I have home from college (grad school) for the summer, and I am really having a tough time finding time for church fellowship amidst the many hours of my job as an armed security guard. Every day was like a retreat while I was at Liberty University (largest Christian university in the world), and now I find myself dropping from my spiritual plateau to a valley. Thought I would check out Christian Chat for some spiritual encouragement. I also will be heading to China for a year in September, where I won't have the privilege of a church community on a regular basis so online fellowship sounded like a good idea. Let me know if you have any suggestions or feel free to say hi! Thanks.

Hello My Dearest Sister,

I smile when I think about ur thirsty soul...God says, ask anything in my name and it shall be done....check out these two websites...will blow ur mind and refresh u at the same time...They r called Amazing Facts by Pastor Doug Batchlor...and The Hope Channel....girlfriend...I promise u that u will come away with a blessing each time...seeing that u will have excess on the web....but also..if u want my email..we can study together online too.

Be blessed my dear friend....Knock, and the door will be open to u says God.

C

CanadianGuy86

Welcome to the forums!!

teja

Jan 13, 2013
welcome to cc God Bless You