Hello

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 24, 2023
Minnesota
My testimony, this is short and certainly many details are not included. Throughout my childhood we attended several different churches on and off, Baptist Methodist Assemblies of God, with many periods in between of not going to church. I spent many summers going to different vacation bible schools learning about Jesus. I was low middle class with few friends, very much alone, and often bullied. Joined the military and eventually retired from military. Have a wife of 32 years and three children. My family church life was much like that of my childhood, in and out of Word of Faith, then mainly baptist churches, again with long periods of no church until I felt overwhelmed with life and sought out God for help. Not currently in a church because I honestly don’t know who is preaching the true Gospel of Jesus. I watch Pastor Yankee Arnold and he has a burden for saving souls.

Many times I professed faith as a child and as an adult, felt good for a while, but eventually began to sin again, sins of all sorts listed in the Bible. These instances all left me wondering was I really saved, were these false professions, or was I saved and this just my natural sin nature winning over my new life in Christ, was I backslider or bound for hell. The past few years with my youngest have been extremely stressful to the point where I pray Jesus would return for his children immediately. I’ve been on my knees for months and years praying for Gods protection around my son before the stress overwhelms my wife and I. Even though I’ve been praying my child continues with bad choices of drugs, piercing, and tattoos. I am not saved and God doesn’t hear my prayers or is He working in my child’s life and I don’t know the plan? The thing is God has blessed my wife and I to not have material concerns for ourself, but our concern for the child brings us much grief, stress, and physical manifestations of various illnesses. I rarely sleep more than 4 or 5 hours per night for years with many nights of no sleep at all, just walking around the house all night.

Through it all I put on a fake smile at work and to the few friends I have, pretending I am ok. I am not ok. While I am on my knees every morning and studying the Bible, I still fall into sins. Not as much as in the past, but still sin and it worries me. Sometimes I have full assurance God has me in His hands, other times I feel like I am spiraling down and Jesus will tell me to depart from Him, ye worker of iniquity.

I’ve read many threads on here the last couple of days and to be blunt, only became confused with the arguments of Calvinism, once saved always saved, hyper grace, and others. I am seeking Jesus’s face and His throne of mercy. I want victory over my besetting sins, but is this even possible in this evil world.

I humbly ask anyone who is willing, to lift up my child, my wife, and me to God. I am sorry for rambling on and on, but I don’t know what to do, say, or feel.

Thank you so much.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi again Steve, I met you in the Prayer Request Forum. I would add to my reply there that TRUST is a giant factor in our walk with the Lord. It's taken me years to figure out some things I've come to understand now. When we pray, we must trust our heavenly Father, that He is good and does not lie to us. We are not perfect, but when we go before him; confess our sins first and ask for forgiveness and His help to overcome them. He will do it and He will answer, we need to be patient and maintain faith. The more you study, watch, listen and read Christian material, the more you build your 'Spirit man'. 'Greater is he who is in me than he who is in the world'. Isn't it a blessing to know our 'God is FOR us and not against'!

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
lordsprayer1 - Copy.jpg
"A troublesome world has more or else affected all of society in some way.
We can only pray to do the best we know how and hopefully learn to practice
the principles of life so inspired by Christ our Lord God.
Let us pray our families to be in God's care and to hope our worrisome concerns
are overcome through love and acceptance."

oyster67

May 24, 2014
My testimony, this is short and certainly many details are not included. Throughout my childhood we attended several different churches on and off, Baptist Methodist Assemblies of God, with many periods in between of not going to church. I spent many summers going to different vacation bible schools learning about Jesus. I was low middle class with few friends, very much alone, and often bullied. Joined the military and eventually retired from military. Have a wife of 32 years and three children. My family church life was much like that of my childhood, in and out of Word of Faith, then mainly baptist churches, again with long periods of no church until I felt overwhelmed with life and sought out God for help. Not currently in a church because I honestly don’t know who is preaching the true Gospel of Jesus. I watch Pastor Yankee Arnold and he has a burden for saving souls.

Many times I professed faith as a child and as an adult, felt good for a while, but eventually began to sin again, sins of all sorts listed in the Bible. These instances all left me wondering was I really saved, were these false professions, or was I saved and this just my natural sin nature winning over my new life in Christ, was I backslider or bound for hell. The past few years with my youngest have been extremely stressful to the point where I pray Jesus would return for his children immediately. I’ve been on my knees for months and years praying for Gods protection around my son before the stress overwhelms my wife and I. Even though I’ve been praying my child continues with bad choices of drugs, piercing, and tattoos. I am not saved and God doesn’t hear my prayers or is He working in my child’s life and I don’t know the plan? The thing is God has blessed my wife and I to not have material concerns for ourself, but our concern for the child brings us much grief, stress, and physical manifestations of various illnesses. I rarely sleep more than 4 or 5 hours per night for years with many nights of no sleep at all, just walking around the house all night.

Through it all I put on a fake smile at work and to the few friends I have, pretending I am ok. I am not ok. While I am on my knees every morning and studying the Bible, I still fall into sins. Not as much as in the past, but still sin and it worries me. Sometimes I have full assurance God has me in His hands, other times I feel like I am spiraling down and Jesus will tell me to depart from Him, ye worker of iniquity.

I’ve read many threads on here the last couple of days and to be blunt, only became confused with the arguments of Calvinism, once saved always saved, hyper grace, and others. I am seeking Jesus’s face and His throne of mercy. I want victory over my besetting sins, but is this even possible in this evil world.

I humbly ask anyone who is willing, to lift up my child, my wife, and me to God. I am sorry for rambling on and on, but I don’t know what to do, say, or feel.

Thank you so much.
I am so glad you came, Steve. Even though Jesus won the ultimate victory for us long ago, we must still fight the good fight (which is often not so good). Satan is working hard to drag us down, but we must keep our eyes upon Jesus and strive for the prize. There is light at the end of the tunnel. I will pray for your peace and your family.

Paul also struggled. I will leave you with his words.
Romans 7,8
14For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018

Thank you so much.
Hello, welcome to CC… hope you enjoy checking out the forums, live chat, and fellowship with other Christians.

Uplifting your family in prayers.

See you around the Forums :) God bless.