Hello

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KJ33

Oct 27, 2023
Hi everyone,

I’m searching for an identity that will deeply sink into my soul, transforming me. I do believe that I was saved, but the faith is little more than a mustard seed. God has worked miracles in my life before, but I forget. I get caught up in the slog of working a job I hate (ok that’s an exaggeration, but most days are not great), and I put a perfectionist amount of pressure most days, even though I’m not seeing lots of results. I basically have a moral perfectionism, and work myself too hard. I don’t have a strong sense of identity or healthy self image, due to an extended period of lonelinesss & emotional abuse. I also don’t have much of a feeling of a safety net. I also struggle with social anxiety. In years past I would spend hours reading psychology or philosophy things, trying to heal my ego / mind, self image. Lately I’ve been attempting my that through Christianity… Sometimes I can feel the Holy Spirit. However often I’m so busy with work, that I neglect it somewhat. I work too hard, and get burned out. I forget who I am. I just get in my head too much..

I want to know if I should live more from my heart… What would that look like? The human hearts evil right? So maybe I shouldn’t? Is it a sin to have our self image based partially in anything but the Bible? Such as in enjoying a hobby, or liking to do something?

I also have a problem with doing too much for others, and not doing good for myself. The last 3 days I made chili for others, at the expense of my own time that could have been spent rejuvenating my soul a bit (or getting my own tasks / chores done that really need to get done). I end up burning myself out… I think it partly stems from deep down feeling like I’m not good enough. I feel that I’m evil inside in some way, I think though my parents, and those who were my friends when I was younger, I learned to hate myself. Kind of just get despondent I guess. I’m a high functioning depressed, anxious, unsettled & ungrounded soul. If my head were filled with other things, I’d probably be fine, as I wouldn’t get in my head so much, but when I get in my head, I’m just in a terrible mood until something else takes it’s place in my mind. I no longer see myself as the good person I did, when I was a kid. I nearly feel unlovable.

God bless you all!!

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Hi everyone,

I’m searching for an identity that will deeply sink into my soul, transforming me. I do believe that I was saved, but the faith is little more than a mustard seed. God has worked miracles in my life before, but I forget. I get caught up in the slog of working a job I hate (ok that’s an exaggeration, but most days are not great), and I put a perfectionist amount of pressure most days, even though I’m not seeing lots of results. I basically have a moral perfectionism, and work myself too hard. I don’t have a strong sense of identity or healthy self image, due to an extended period of lonelinesss & emotional abuse. I also don’t have much of a feeling of a safety net. I also struggle with social anxiety. In years past I would spend hours reading psychology or philosophy things, trying to heal my ego / mind, self image. Lately I’ve been attempting my that through Christianity… Sometimes I can feel the Holy Spirit. However often I’m so busy with work, that I neglect it somewhat. I work too hard, and get burned out. I forget who I am. I just get in my head too much..

I want to know if I should live more from my heart… What would that look like? The human hearts evil right? So maybe I shouldn’t? Is it a sin to have our self image based partially in anything but the Bible? Such as in enjoying a hobby, or liking to do something?

I also have a problem with doing too much for others, and not doing good for myself. The last 3 days I made chili for others, at the expense of my own time that could have been spent rejuvenating my soul a bit (or getting my own tasks / chores done that really need to get done). I end up burning myself out… I think it partly stems from deep down feeling like I’m not good enough. I feel that I’m evil inside in some way, I think though my parents, and those who were my friends when I was younger, I learned to hate myself. Kind of just get despondent I guess. I’m a high functioning depressed, anxious, unsettled & ungrounded soul. If my head were filled with other things, I’d probably be fine, as I wouldn’t get in my head so much, but when I get in my head, I’m just in a terrible mood until something else takes it’s place in my mind. I no longer see myself as the good person I did, when I was a kid. I nearly feel unlovable.

God bless you all!!
Hi, and welcome.

For what my two cents is worth, don't live in your head or your heart. The only way out the quagmire in which you seem to find yourself is to put your faith in Christ. Read your Bible; understand His promises; follow His guidance and wisdom. Having God's word in your heart and understanding it is what will transform you. The truth will indeed set you free.

Best wishes. Just relax and know He cares for you always.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
There is nothing wrong with taking care of yourself. As for felling unlovable, just remember that God loves you. Glad to have you onboard with us. Welcome to CC.

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
Welcome to CC.
---
More of His grace to you..

Blessings,

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
I’m searching for an identity that will deeply sink into my soul, transforming me.
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome To Chat.
I will pray for you; please Be Comforted In God's:

Grace Word for our infirmities!

Then:
Please Be Very Richly Encouraged And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II). ← PG Rated "Approved" *
↑ . . . . . part of God Transforming us? ↑

Grace, Peace And Joy!… + Rich Blessings ♫ 😇 ↑

* PG: Perfect God / Parental Guidance

Attachments

Fillan

Oct 25, 2022
Welcome KJ33!

Thanks for sharing all your anguish and struggles with us, there are many here who will pray for you. Never forget God loves you, so do the family of God.

Just to reiterate what others have shared here. Read your bible, pray, find a good church, relax. Your worth doesn't come from your performance, you are made in the image of God. God Bless You, a big hello from Scotland :)

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
HI KJ33 so glad the Lord led you here and welcome to CC!!! The Bible tells us to meditate and fill our minds with His word. Any negativity, anxiety & condemnation is not from God and you need to replace dark thoughts with the truth of God's great love for you. Ask Him for wisdom when in situations you're not sure of and the Holy Spirit, our friend, will guide you. Listen to favorite speakers and give thanks and praise to God for all your blessings, as well as things you're hoping for. God likes to hear from His kids😊 God bless & keep you always🙏!

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
067e2acc9e3f1e23bdb14288aa06f717 (6) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg Friendly.png

"You have received some good advice."
"Being unduly critical of self often may be a hindrance of being thankful for what one does have."

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Hi everyone,

God bless you all!!
Welcome to CC, dear brother.

Jesus loves you and wants you to find rest in Him. You will not find what you seek in the world. Perhaps not even in Church. Only in Him.

Matthew 11:
28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Isaiah 55:
1Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. 2Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.