Help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Someone says something about people getting banned so you ban them? you DO realize the irony in that right? Right?
Am I going to get banned now for saying something about it? admins =/:confused:
You are breaking our rules which we've thoroughly explained in this thread, with all the reasons, even pleading with people to not waste our time disputing bans. And you're now doing it in such a way to make us look bad if we dare to ban you. You're basically challenging us to ban you, in a way to make us look bad if we do, and make yourself look like a martyr. So I'm going to go ahead and look bad (if it does make us look bad). Yes you will get banned for further wasting our time on disputing bans, especially after we've already wasted too much time explaining and reasoning all about that. So yes, in your words you are "now getting banned for saying something about it".

Oh we totally get it.
Keep our mouths shut, and we won't get banned.
Again, you want to phrase everything in such a way to make us look bad. Phrase it how you want, we'll enforce our simple, reasonable policy, as I'm doing with you now: Please refrain from publicly disputing bans, as we're busy enough.

I suggest that if you don't like the way a forum is run, be happy and find one that suits you, instead of trying to make us ban you in such a way that you look like a martyr.

This ban of follower2 is also from RoboOp, not 1still_waters.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
All I have to say is...

I'm really glad I don't have to be a moderator around here.

: )

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
I would just let it go. I have had to. I actually like giving input here and it is sad to walk in fear that you might have your account deleted for saying something or daring to question. So, everyone is suppressed and has to tow the line.
I hope that was okay?
No, I think we've heard enough -- and have explained far too much in this thread -- no need to try to push the envelope as you're doing here. If respecting our simple rule about not publicly disputing other people's bans is being "suppressed" and making you "live in fear" then please liberate yourself and be happy on any of the thousands (or millions?) of other sites/forums.

This ban is also from RoboOp, not 1still_waters.

Now I'm going to spend my time with my kids, and doing real work (instead of spending time going on begging a few people to respect a simple site rule and letting them go on making us look bad for having such a rule, and letting them make themselves martyrs, etc.).

Last edited:
J

jinx

I hear moderators are required to have two eyes.
I couldn't be a mod..... I'd be handing out pink slips every day LOL. I would think that in order to be one, you would have to have a calm spirit about ya, always thinking about the bigger picture, me.... I would shot first and maybe ask questions later. LOL

J

jinx

ok, honest question.....

when person does get banned is it forever or for a certain amount of time and such?

I am not in no way disputing the way it is run here...... I'm just curious. :)

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Hi Jinx,

As stated previously in this thread, all bans can be appealed (by the banned person), by simply using our contact form which is linked at the bottom of every page of our site.

We occasionally give an "expiration" to ban, but in most cases we keep it simple and make bans "indefinite", meaning until or unless a ban appeal is accepted.

We've actually accepted many ban appeals (I mean unbanned many people), usually because the person is sorry and we think they're sincere and won't give us more problem. Sorry to say, we often regret unbanning people because often it just results in even more trouble for us and then a permanent ban.

Also occasionally there has been some misunderstanding and after it's explained in the ban appeal we unban the person.

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
We also reserve the right to not unban people, it's at our sole discretion, because ultimately we're the ones whose time and energy will be wasted if there's more problem. So we have to make our lives a little easier.

Also some people get banned for serious things, like being a predator, and cases such as that we're not likely to unban.

Unfortunately we also have to sometimes ban for stupid reasons, but I don't think it's stupid on our part.

Thanks for understanding and for respecting our rules so we can focus on improving and developing the site, as well as keeping it clean and protecting it as best we can.

J

jinx

Hi Jinx,

As stated previously in this thread, all bans can be appealed (by the banned person), by simply using our contact form which is linked at the bottom of every page of our site.

We occasionally give an "expiration" to ban, but in most cases we keep it simple and make bans "indefinite", meaning until or unless a ban appeal is accepted.

We've actually accepted many ban appeals (I mean unbanned many people), usually because the person is sorry and we think they're sincere and won't give us more problem. Sorry to say, we often regret unbanning people because often it just results in even more trouble for us and then a permanent ban.

Also occasionally there has been some misunderstanding and after it's explained in the ban appeal we unban the person.
Yeah I must have missed that post.... I take a sleeping pill at night cause of my insomnia and when it kicks in I tend to miss things.

The system sounds solid though. Even though I miss seeing people I used to play around with, but like I said..... I couldn't be a mod, I couldn't see the bigger picture like others can. I have a more concrete train of thought, I guess that has to do with my aspergers. my hubby will tease me about it....he's a goof-ball.... but he's my goof ball and I love him.

Thanks for the answer Robo.

Last edited:

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
I have to say from reading the first post i felt this was a 'drawing' in to something type of post.

GOD is not mocked and the Truth remains forever.