help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Abe447

I'm 17 years old and I've never been the one to be "religious" in a sort of sense and I do come from a family of people who believe in me being the black sheep. And just two days ago I had the misfortune of experiencing a very severe panic attack to the point my mother had to call 911 and take to the hospital. I've never been horrorifed in my life. The reality of it is extremely wierd because I'm not a stressed or worrysome person. It just as they say out of the blue. And lately I've been very paranoid of that it can happen again and if I might die just over I need help and advice on what to do.

U

Ugly

hi Abe
I've suffered panic and anxiety before. I know that feeling. I've gone to the hospital a number of times for it myself. The key to keep in mind is that you aren't actually at risk of dying. It just gives you that sense, it's one of the symptoms of such attacks.
While i suppose there is a small change it will never happen again, my understanding is that it is something that tends to stick with you. You can get them under control. It doesn't have to be something you experience often, but you will have an increased risk of it. A few tips to help..
If it happens again, and any other time it may happen, pay close attention to the physical feelings you're experiencing and how they are making you feel. Being aware of the symptoms and how they feel and present themselves is one of the first steps in learning to fight anxiety. Because once you familiarize yourself with how you will feel you can use that knowledge to keep yourself from getting into full blown attacks. This is what i have had to learn to do. Recognize the feelings and reassure myself that it's anxiety and not really something physically wrong with me. I haven't had a full blown panic attack in years, though i've had plenty of reason to.
Anxiety usually is a sign there is something going on that you aren't dealing with. Simply not being the 'type' to worry doesn't make you immune to stress and anxiety. So you need to figure out what's going on in your life that can make you uncomfortable and anxious. Whether it's from your past or something going on now.
Learn how to cope and manage anxiety and stress before it gets out of control.
There are natural supplements you can take. Gaba and Kava Kava are two that are good for anxiety. You should be able to find them at a health food store or possibly a vitamin store. But if the anxiety gets worse you can always try the medication option. Keep in mind going on medication should go hand in hand with counseling to get to the root of the problem. Medication is not the solution, it's a help until you find a solution. I, and a good friend, both have overcome anxiety attacks without drugs. But each person and situation is different.

Anxiety tends to attack you out of nowhere the first time. My friend had her first attack while driving her kids around. She had to pull the car over and get out. She wasn't thinking of anything stressful, but something in her body just couldn't contain the anxiety anymore and that's the time and place it happened to show itself.

Hope this helps some.

T

Timmaayyyy

Hey brother, i had anxiety and panic attacks too. I had them bad as well. It came with depression and suicide thoughts and all that bad stuff. I also was always scared because i thought i was going to die and i couldn't get it off my mind. I could not even eat and i could not even sleep. The way this went away for me is accepting Christ and letting him be the lord of my life. The lord changed me so much and he gave me peace and joy that i never experienced. After i became a Christian i was still struggling with anxiety though, but the lord was with me through the whole walk. Now i'm way better than i was before and i just give the thanks to the lord. Some things you should do is let the lord know that your going through this struggle and ask him to give you the strength to overcome it. Also you should memorize scriptures on fear and worry and say them when you start to worry or feel like a panic attack is about to come. Even today i sometimes still struggle with anxiety but it's not that strong like it was before. Trust in Jesus and rest in him. God bless brother.