helpless

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

hellobacky

If a christian feel helpless and despair,how can she do???? Just in this status and wait until to go to heaven or hell?

W

wwjd_kilden

Sometimes life just is "bleh". Even the great people of the bible had rough times. Sometimes it feels soooo tempting to just go hide in a cave and give up on the world and on life. The key seems to be faith, as in trust. Whenever I loose this, things seem to go downhill, then when I try to take steps of faith again, it seems things lighten.

Trust in the Lord, He loves you.

Psalm 61

1 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3 For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.
4 I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.

cal3091

Oct 19, 2011
Helpless!! Well, i believe every single person on the face of the earth is helpless without God. Its when we are helpless, we feel bad and we beat ourselves up sometimes. Sometimes we try fixing things ourselves. I believe God wants us to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and let God control us. Whenever you feel helpless, don't lose heart, just give complete control to God. Mathew 5:3 - "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven" Mathew 5:6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be satisfied"

B

Beloved57

After reading your post on Kunming, China; I think I understand a little why you feel helpless, that seem like a lot to put in once life. I think the devil is trying to make you feel helpless, because he is afraid of the work you can do for God there.

And yes the devil is more powerful than us; but he is not more powerful than He that is in us
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world.
I John 4:4
By the Holy Spirit power that is in you, and you have the Power of God, at your side.

God makes promises of helping us (Psalms 46:1-2; Hebrews 4:16). And He will freely give us all things (Romans 8:31-32)