Here's What $100 Is Worth In Each State

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AgeofKnowledge

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You provided some very useful information.

S

sassylady

I live in Michigan and I sure don't see where that number comes from. I've been down to Indiana and prices are much better there.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I live in Michigan and I sure don't see where that number comes from. I've been down to Indiana and prices are much better there.
I was going to move to Lansing next month. Maybe I should consider Indianapolis instead.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
​I think I've seen only ONE $100 bill in my entire life..lol..:)

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
You need to account for things like taxes and housing and utilities not just shelf prices.

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
Here's What $100 Is Worth In Each State

"The map below, created by nonprofit research organization Tax Foundation using data from the Bureau of Economic Analysis, shows the real value of $100 adjusted to reflect average price levels in each state. In Mississippi, for instance, $100 would be enough to buy what would cost $115.74 in a place where prices are closer to the national average. In a pricey state like New York, $100 is only worth about $86.66."
But Mississippi and New York should definitely have the same Federally-mandated Minimum Wage anyway, to be fair to everyone. :rolleyes:

P

psychomom

ugh. so nice here in NYS.
not.

thanks, AOK! :)

S

sassylady

I've been to Indianapolis, it is a wonderful city. Leave Michigan while you can.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I was just in Montana and Idaho, and things were so much cheaper than in Canada. Does that count?

Mar 22, 2013
Indiana
I was going to move to Lansing next month. Maybe I should consider Indianapolis instead.
are you suicidal? Indianapolis has become a very violent city with many homicides a day (just today they found a 15 year old girl burned body) if you come to IN go to a small town and stay out of the cities.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Mo and Ms are looking really good right now. :)
As to washington state?
Id dispute the findings, as 100$ being worth 96$?
Simply because 90$ of it goes to taxes and fees. UGH. :( LOL :)

God bless:)
pickles