Hi everyone. I'm lost.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 31, 2023
Hey everybody, I'm going to try to keep this as short as possible. I'm so lost and confused right now. I was raised in a really bad "christian" environment with a lot of abuse. I've gone through stages where I've been so sure about God and my relationship and belief him to thinking I was atheist and now I'm back to square one. The truth is I keep coming back to it. Some have said it's because I'm bipolar and have religious delusions. I did once think I was special and had a great mission from God. My mother even said God spoke to her and told her what to name me before she even knew I was going to be. I don't believe that now, but the truth is I don't know what to believe. I've spent the last five years getting into apologetics and debates that it's got my head on backwards. There are parts of the bible I have trouble accepting, but the one part I can't deny deep inside my heart is that Jesus is real and what the bible says about him is true. I don't know why I do, but I do! I was exposed to certain "things" online at an early age as part of the abuse I mentioned earlier and I still have it entrenched in my life. My wife turned atheist too and is leaving me for someone else. I'm trying to justify my reason for being on this planet. I've been praying more (granted it's usually at night when I'm going to bed), but it's better than what I was doing before. Even if you don't reply to this if you could just say a prayer for me, I'd really appreciate it.

Walter

Jul 20, 2022
Washington
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Hey everybody, I'm going to try to keep this as short as possible. I'm so lost and confused right now. I was raised in a really bad "christian" environment with a lot of abuse. I've gone through stages where I've been so sure about God and my relationship and belief him to thinking I was atheist and now I'm back to square one. The truth is I keep coming back to it. Some have said it's because I'm bipolar and have religious delusions. I did once think I was special and had a great mission from God. My mother even said God spoke to her and told her what to name me before she even knew I was going to be. I don't believe that now, but the truth is I don't know what to believe. I've spent the last five years getting into apologetics and debates that it's got my head on backwards. There are parts of the bible I have trouble accepting, but the one part I can't deny deep inside my heart is that Jesus is real and what the bible says about him is true. I don't know why I do, but I do! I was exposed to certain "things" online at an early age as part of the abuse I mentioned earlier and I still have it entrenched in my life. My wife turned atheist too and is leaving me for someone else. I'm trying to justify my reason for being on this planet. I've been praying more (granted it's usually at night when I'm going to bed), but it's better than what I was doing before. Even if you don't reply to this if you could just say a prayer for me, I'd really appreciate it.
Hello, And welcome, glad to have you here with us, we will be in prayer, but please keep us updated, to us the best thing is to keep a personal relationship with The Lord Jesus Christ, I like to ask you a question, what do you mean by the user name theyownyou33?

Love, Walter and Debbie

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
I'm trying to justify my reason for being on this planet. I've been praying more (granted it's usually at night when I'm going to bed), but it's better than what I was doing before. Even if you don't reply to this if you could just say a prayer for me, I'd really appreciate it.
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome To Chat.
I will certainly pray for you. Please start reading for "God's Reason" here:

Grace, Peace, And JOY

Let me know what you think, and then we can continue here,
and, with Jesus as your New Owner, study, and:

Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II). ← PG Rated "Approved" *

RICH Blessings ♫ 😇 ↑

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance:

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
My heart goes out to you and just prayed for His kindness to be shown you.
I was very fortunate to learn early on to leave the life of confusion for This short, but profound truth.
If you'll ask the Lord for understanding with an open mind, I think He will bless you.
There's a prayer at the end.
I'm interested to know what you think.

K

KlND

Hello
GOD and Jesus know you, remember that you are never alone. They walk beside you and know your Soul.
I Pray for his loving light to shine on you and fill you with Peace, Love and Purpose. GOD's plan for us is real. Amen

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
being-spiritual - Copy - Copy (2) - Copy.jpg
"Undoubtedly there are many confused lives, and each shall experience
their own life circumstances and life being a continuous cycle of changes.

'I have come to know since God has become an inspiration in my life, that I
have a more orderly and manageable life. And this has only
been in the
last two decades. Before, without having God as part of my life, I learned my
way
wasn't working out very well.

'I can only pray that you come to learn in your own time, that with and for God,
life can and will sort out
accordingly. Perseverance not only necessary...it being essential!
I pray these words are heard."
'Amen'

man-praying - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

ThyKingdomComeSoon

Apr 1, 2023

Hello friend, we all have doubt at one point. No problem, Have faith in Jesus read again Matthew, john, Luke and Mark. Jesus, the son of GOD came to preach the kingdom of heaven, it is an invitation for all of us. Jesus paid the price for our sins we now have access to heaven if we believe in him and follow his teachings.

A lot of of good people on this forum if you have questions, just ask!

God bless you and welcome.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Sir, your very existence is proof you were chosen by God. It is by no mistake you are here. God has a mission and a plan for everyone but it is only within His will not ours. Not everyone will step out the boat in faith and follow the path that leads to Jesus much less cling to Him.

You may be in the valley but with every valley there is a mountain. God walks with you in the valleys and exalts you on the mountains. He will carry you when you are weak and elevate you when you trust in Him.

We all reach a place where we must choose to surrender it all or keep the status quo.

That surrender ultimately brings freedom but we have to truly want it. God has a name for you, it is child of God but we must seek His adoption, His grafting in, His only way unto Him. The Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
John 6:68 NKJV
But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

Jan 29, 2022
Hey there @theyownyou33 and welcome. I just wanted to post a prayer for you and a few words.

Dear Father, please bless and assist @theyownyou33 in his struggle to find You through the discouragement, the pain, and the confusion. Please shine like a beacon of guiding light in his thoughts, directing him and giving him the ability to overcome everything the enemy is using to attack him in mind and circumstance. Please grant him peace and tranquility in this time, and let him know that You are with him. Provide for him in the waiting and let his heart not be torn between belief and doubt any longer. In the name of Jesus, amen.

I will continue to pray for you. May you always hold on to that truth of God’s presence and love in your spirit and stand firm in it. Just as the Bible tells us, draw near to Him and He will draw near to you. :)

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi and welcome to CC!!! So glad the Lord led you here to be among believers😊 Whatever you went through, the past is past and we press on toward the high calling of Jesus. Pray for God's Holy Spirit to guide you in praying over your wife. Cast it and give it to the Lord and tell him to help you with it. God bless you and once you start joining the Forums you'll meet some fine members.

JPPT1974

May 16, 2015
East TN
Hey hope you love it on here. And really giving the past to God is the one true way. Just praying for you and your loved ones. As that God has you my friend. And that you just give it all to Him. Welcome to the forums as well. Hebrews 13:8!

resto

Feb 25, 2019
Hi T
I understand, I feel that way sometimes too. I was "Saved" on May 1 1980. The Church I was in for four years was an Abusive Christian Cult. Its a long story of how I left. I had a strong distrust of Jesus for about 2 years after I left.
But for the last 39 years I never felt that I fit into any church. But every Church I was lead to was a small part of my Healing.
Im better now, its been a long Journey. Christ never left me. I did get saved in that cult. That I never Doubted.
If you want to ask me anything feel free. I had to solve a lot of my Problems by listening to Chistian Radio Stations. I keep my Car Radio on CSN. You are not alone. There are a lot of people just like us. I study the Bible a lot too.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
Hey everybody, I'm going to try to keep this as short as possible. I'm so lost and confused right now.
May God bless and help you to be at peace with Him. His peace is abiding .
Many things happen in a physical sense but the battle is a spiritual one. God allows changes in our life, He knows what is happening.
The enemy always comes before God is about to do something.
God loves you so much, that’s why all this has happened. What God takes is best to let it go. Stay close to God, he doesn’t fail. Just keep talking to Him.
Proverbs 3:6 KJV
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Hebrews 12:6 KJV
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

John 6:18,20 KJV
And the sea arose by reason of a great wind that blew.
[20] But he saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid.

1 Corinthians 14:33 KJV
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

1 Peter 4:12 KJV
Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

1 John 2:17 KJV
And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
There are a lot of people just like us. I study the Bible a lot too.
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome To Chat.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II). ← PG Rated "Approved" Bible study (a lot?) *

Grace, Peace, And JOY!… + RICH Blessings ♫ 😇 ↑

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance:

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png