Hi Everyone!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

lunchonthis

Hi I just signed up for this. I just went through a really rough breakup and just need some good Christians to talk to! I have tried to use the chat but I am a little confused! What does it mean when there is sound? If your webcam is on can anyone see you at anytime? Is there any chatroom where you just chit chat, and it doesn't have to be like bible study type thing? Let me know! If anyone wants to befriend me I am so in need of a little encouragement! have a great night everyone!

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
Hi, Lunchonthis, welcome to cc! You might want to check out the "help for new users" thread, it has some good info. I'm not an expert on chat, unfortunately, but I think that selecting "sound" lets you hear what people say on the microphone. I'm also pretty sure that you have to hold down a button or something to be seen on the webcam. There are several different "rooms", with different topics going on, but the lounge (the one on the front page) is the most popular. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.......Glad to have you here!

B

Brandon777

When there's sound, it means you can hear. When your webcam is on, people can see you only if you decide to talk by clicking on the small mic button in the lower left corner. The lounge is chit chat. Oh and uh welcome! Encouragement.. let's see... Happy Holidays! and uh.. You don't need that guy, you just weren't right for each other. yeah, I'll go with that. :)

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
Thanks, Brandon, for your help. And, yes, I agree, you don't need that guy, Lunchonthis. :)

Devoted2JC

Jan 16, 2011
Hello lunchonthis welcome to Christian Chat,
God Bless,