Hi :)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

j0hnnyb0y

Mar 4, 2023
I am a Christian but I have quite bad social anxiety. As a consequence, I find it difficult to attend church and meet with other Christians. I thought this forum would be a good stepping stone and help me get used to interacting with other Christians. I've been told that interactions with other Christians is something I am in need of. I'm not sure what kind of interactions yet. For now, I'm just looking forward to speaking with you all :)

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
Welcome to CC jOhnneybOy, you have been led to the right place. There are lots of opportunities for interaction here. Pick something of interest and jump in.

All good things are from the Father.

Mar 3, 2023
I am a Christian but I have quite bad social anxiety. As a consequence, I find it difficult to attend church and meet with other Christians. I thought this forum would be a good stepping stone and help me get used to interacting with other Christians. I've been told that interactions with other Christians is something I am in need of. I'm not sure what kind of interactions yet. For now, I'm just looking forward to speaking with you all :)
Hi, Johnny. It is important to meet with Christians and be with other Believers. It's great that you're trying to do that and joining us here. As for going to services and your having issues with anxiety and meeting with people publicly in groups, it's got to be when you can handle things and not when people say you have to. It does no good if you're unhappy and struggling and trying to be in situations you can't handle just because people say you should. That's not fair to you, and you can only handle what you're able to.

I'll pray for you, and I'm sure if and when you are ready to try and go to services and be a part of that, you will try to do that. But don't force yourself to be in situations you're not ready for. Your anxieties are real issues, and you need to work through them and not be put in a situation where you're not ready to go all in and be in a group setting. There are always exceptions that prove the rule, and if you honestly are dealing emotionally with struggles that prevent you from being in groups, then it's understandable.

Btw, some churches have online services that allow Believers to join in from their PCs or cells. Maybe you can find out if local churches in your hometown or nearby have online services that you can join in from a link or a website. That can also help you take a step towards maybe getting comfortable with attending an in-person service at some point.😀

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome To Chat. I will pray for you.
I hope these 'links' below will be helpful on your new journey:

GRACE Word for our infirmities

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II). ← interactions with God, and His Word?

Grace, Peace, And JOY!… + RICH Blessings

j0hnnyb0y

Mar 4, 2023
Hi, Johnny. It is important to meet with Christians and be with other Believers. It's great that you're trying to do that and joining us here. As for going to services and your having issues with anxiety and meeting with people publicly in groups, it's got to be when you can handle things and not when people say you have to. It does no good if you're unhappy and struggling and trying to be in situations you can't handle just because people say you should. That's not fair to you, and you can only handle what you're able to.

I'll pray for you, and I'm sure if and when you are ready to try and go to services and be a part of that, you will try to do that. But don't force yourself to be in situations you're not ready for. Your anxieties are real issues, and you need to work through them and not be put in a situation where you're not ready to go all in and be in a group setting. There are always exceptions that prove the rule, and if you honestly are dealing emotionally with struggles that prevent you from being in groups, then it's understandable.

Btw, some churches have online services that allow Believers to join in from their PCs or cells. Maybe you can find out if local churches in your hometown or nearby have online services that you can join in from a link or a website. That can also help you take a step towards maybe getting comfortable with attending an in-person service at some point.😀
Thank you for being so supportive. You are the first person who has taken an understanding view of the issue thus far.

Mar 3, 2023
Thank you for being so supportive. You are the first person who has taken an understanding view of the issue thus far.
Anytime, Johnny. God bless you. God knows us better than we know ourselves, and He will strengthen and guide you to the point that you are ready to step out and join a church and be a part of it. Until then, don't be hard on yourself. You can only handle what you can and shouldn't feel like you're expected to meet other people's ideals of who you should be. The fact that you're open and honest about what you're going through is awesome and takes courage. God will be with you every step of the way!😀

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I am a Christian but I have quite bad social anxiety. As a consequence, I find it difficult to attend church and meet with other Christians.
I was like that when I was young, but now I'm just another bigmouth. :D

I've been told that interactions with other Christians is something I am in need of.
It helps to take part in conversations. Just make sure you say something to let them know you are there.

I'm just looking forward to speaking with you all :)
I look forward to speaking with you too, brother! (y)

I'm not sure what kind of interactions yet.
Any old kind.
I have a pet cat named Amelia. Do you have a pet?

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi and welcome to CC and the fellowship here! You have a fine way of expressing yourself and I know you, as well as us all, will continue to grow in the Spirit and do His will in our lives. God bless & keep you always!