Hide'n Seek With god

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I Just wanted to post this because I hope it will teach others what i have learned. You see there were always days I felt apart from him, I feared those days. Whenever one of those days came I would think okay so today is a day feeling apart from god.... But He taught me something, those days when we feel apart from him could very well be him hiding himself and wants us to seek him out. Now these days apart from god are almost everyday to begin with but instead of just accepting it I do all i can to find him again. I talk to him and i tell him how much i love him, there are many ways to find him. So ya everyday I begin the day feeling apart from him but everyday I find him again, Isn't great we don't have to go throughout the day feeling cut off from him?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
So I have a short testimony. For some reason I had this uncontrolable urge to read the Bible. I didn't care where i read as long as i read it because if felt like my body itself craved his word. Now I read abit came accross this story jesus told: Suppose you wnet to a friends house at midnight, wanting to borrow threee loaves of bread. You say to him, a friend of mine had just arrived for a visit, and i have nothing for him to eat. And suppose he calls out from his bedroom, don't bother me. The door is locked for the night, and my family and iare all in bed. I can't help you. But i tell you this- though he won't do it for friendship sake, If you keep knocking long enough he will get up and give you whatever you need because of your shameless persistance.
And so I tell you, keep on asking and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking and you will find. Keep on knocking and the door will be opened to you. This story has blessed me today for there are things I seek only he can give me. I do not want money, I do not want food, I don't want the things this earth can give me. I want the heavenly treasures from god, To have a deep and powerful relationship with him very few have been able to have, To fully know him, his glory, his beauty, his rightiousness. To see exactly as he does, Not even noticing if someone is fat or what they look like or from their attitude make sound judgment about them. But instead to see exactly what god see's in them. Blind in this world but to see in his. These are just a few of the things I have asked for for so long And I feel Jesus wnted to let me know my patience will eventually be rewarded.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Walking with him is real and he longs for us to seek him and talk to him. Abraham was called a friend of God and believed God. God talked with him. He created
us to love and seek him, walk with him here and there

G

GM777

Thank you for this. I feel like He is testing me a lot when I feel like I am separated or alone. It causes some angst some days, but it is what it is.

T

Trax

I Just wanted to post this because I hope it will teach others what i have learned. You see there were always days I felt apart from him, I feared those days. Whenever one of those days came I would think okay so today is a day feeling apart from god.... But He taught me something, those days when we feel apart from him could very well be him hiding himself and wants us to seek him out. Now these days apart from god are almost everyday to begin with but instead of just accepting it I do all i can to find him again. I talk to him and i tell him how much i love him, there are many ways to find him. So ya everyday I begin the day feeling apart from him but everyday I find him again, Isn't great we don't have to go throughout the day feeling cut off from him?
Jesus promised that He would neither leave you nor forsake you. Hiding from you? Not a chance.

S

SPUZIT

Good ole'- blain,i love your posts.you have a thirst that we all should encourage. I do agree with trax- God never leaves you or forsakes you God does not play hide & seek, even though I know u only meant that as a catch Fraser. In time if you haven't already you'll Come across a picture with a poem called " footprints in the sand i hope if you haven't seen it yet that someone can share it with you easier than I can. As always, u make my soul smile. Thanks...(

T

Trax

Blain, God is wanting you to walk by faith. Its the time when it seems God isn't listening, or there,
that you develop stronger faith. Have you grown? Well, its these times to see what you got. If you
can't handle it for a day, what you going to do when it last 6 months or a year? You going to give
up? Or you going to stay the course? I did a one year spell where it seemed God was completely
absent and not listening. And it was a very hard, stressful time too. But I made it through. I stayed
the course, although barely and weakly, but I got answers when it was over. I saw where God was
working for me the whole time and why I went through it. It REALLY increased my faith. If I had to
depend on feeling God with me, to make it through, I would never have made it. I had to trust
that He was with me even though I couldn't feel it or see any evidence. I had to trust He was
hearing me even though it felt like my prayers were falling on deaf ears. And I had to trust there was a
reason for what I was going through even though I couldn't understand why I was having to go
through it. I came out stronger and wiser.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Well I do not really rely on feeling close to god, I do really enjoy it sure but How it seems to me is difficult to explain. I guess to sum it up even when I do not feel close to him I feel him close to me... I feel my love for him in my heart even when i do not feel close to him

J

jkalyna

:) YES, "HE WHO ABIDES IN THE SECRET PLACE OF THE MOST HIGH" THERE IS A HIDING PLACE, WHICH IS A SONG. 91 PSALM. :)

F

flight316

Hide n seek with God. I find this interesting. It reminds me of the time that Jesus went out into the wilderness for 40 hot days and 40 cold nights. He went alone. He did not take the diciples with him. He didn't eat food. All this, seeking God. What did he find? Satan. Weak and hungry He had to deal with the most evil being in exsistence. So what did Jesus do? He used scripture against the enemy. Satan transported Jesus ( Jesus didn't go, He was taken to a hill and shown things. When we seek God many times satan will show up. I am a witness to this. We must not be deceived. When seeking God you must know it is Him if you have any doubt, back away until you are absolutely sure. Believe me God is always there. We just desire more of Him depending upon what we are going through. Wait I say upon the Lord and be of good cheer.