Homosexuality Is Abomination unto the Lord

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

Nuns_n_roses

I do believe God does love everyone. We choose to walk away from Him, not vice versa. God punishes the wicked yes, but they choose to become wicked. That doesn't mean He doesn't love those He's created. He sees us as innocent children then grow into followers or persecutors. All He needs is for us to show any sign we want Him in our lives and He tries to make it work.

NO ONE is innocent... not one... since the Garden. What bible do you read???
We become innocent through Christ's atonement.

Also I believe this thread is derailing a bit. Though I'm very disappointed in the lack of compassion on issues such as LGBTQ members and suicide. We should show compassion to everyone instead of making those with suicidal tendencies feel even more worthless.

B

BarlyGurl

. We should show compassion to everyone instead of making those with suicidal tendencies feel even more worthless.

I should warn you then... not to go to the family forum... where no one felt ANY compassion for the homicidal socio-path who threatened to kill himself if his wife left him.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
. We should show compassion to everyone instead of making those with suicidal tendencies feel even more worthless.

I should warn you then... not to go to the family forum... where no one felt ANY compassion for the homicidal socio-path who threatened to kill himself if his wife left him.
Uh.... do what?

N

Nuns_n_roses

I won't then. I will only wish that man well since no one else will do so when he clearly is crying out for help.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
Ahhhh but I wasn't talking about nonbelievers. That would be a different topic. ^_^
Maybe not a different topic, but there is a huge difference, yes.

Let me ask you this then: do you believe that somebody can be a true christian and at the same time be practicing the LGBTQ lifestyle?

N

Nuns_n_roses

Maybe not a different topic, but there is a huge difference, yes.

Let me ask you this then: do you believe that somebody can be a true christian and at the same time be practicing the LGBTQ lifestyle?

I believe we all live in sin and that I have no right to judge if someone is a "true Christian" or not.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011

I believe we all live in sin and that I have no right to judge if someone is a "true Christian" or not.
That didn't answer his question.

The bible doesn't say a Christian cannot judge.

N

Nuns_n_roses

That didn't answer his question.

The bible doesn't say a Christian cannot judge.

Jesus says "Judge not lest ye be judged. Condemn not lest ye be condemned."
So in theory I could judge, but I am not the one who judges peoples actions. God is.

A

AgeofKnowledge

We are WITH God and His truth. We are AGAINST the devil and his lies. We are NOT AGAINST people who engage in homosexual acts though the epistemologies (e.g. beliefs, body of knowledge, etc...) each side aligns with are in direct conflict.

^ These are true statements.

HOWEVER, what us Christians have to understand is that people who engage in homosexual acts BELIEVE WE ARE AGAINST THEM and respond to us based on that belief.

It doesn't have to be true. They just have to believe it for the very high level of ill will between us to exist as it does in our culture today.

The media, politicians, public educators, some on both sides, etc... foment the ill will as well, of course.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011

So in theory I could judge, but I am not the one who judges peoples actions. God is.
Yet people do not understand what Jesus was saying. He did not forbid judging. He was saying we should not judge others with the same judgement we would not want for ourselves.

We are to consider our own faults first. If we are guilty of the same sin, then we need to fix ourselves FIRST. After we have examined ourselves then we can righteously note the fault in others, and then we are to help them turn away from their sin.

Jesus taught us HOW to judge.

I would hate to know that a fellow Christian was lost in sin because I refused to go to them and tell them they need repentance. Im pretty sure I would have to answer to that in the end, and the repercussions would not be good.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011

Your quote is out of context and you neglect the many other scriptures that deals with judgment.

N

Nuns_n_roses

Yet people do not understand what Jesus was saying. He did not forbid judging. He was saying we should not judge others with the same judgement we would not want for ourselves.

We are to consider our own faults first. If we are guilty of the same sin, then we need to fix ourselves FIRST. After we have examined ourselves then we can righteously note the fault in others, and then we are to help them turn away from their sin.

Jesus taught us HOW to judge.

I would hate to know that a fellow Christian was lost in sin because I refused to go to them and tell them they need repentance. Im pretty sure I would have to answer to that in the end, and the repercussions would not be good.
I don't want to be judged at all so I won't judge at all! I do know the difference between right and wrong and if someone asks me I will tell them what I believe. I see this more as a compassion issue. When we love our brothers and sisters on Earth unconditionally, they will be more receptive to coming to the church and Christ.

I don't ever recall saying that same sex attraction was ok with God? I'm on your guys' sides ya know that right...? LoL

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011

Is salvation a lottery? There is no fruit coming from salvation touching what one believes and teaches and how one lives his life? What do you make out of 1Cor.6:9-10? Paul "judged and condemned" people?

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
I don't want to be judged at all so I won't judge at all! I do know the difference between right and wrong and if someone asks me I will tell them what I believe. I see this more as a compassion issue. When we love our brothers and sisters on Earth unconditionally, they will be more receptive to coming to the church and Christ.

I don't ever recall saying that same sex attraction was ok with God? I'm on your guys' sides ya know that right...? LoL
No one said you did. but you should tell others what God says about issues, and not what you believe.
What man believes, and what God says can be totally different things

It is sometimes a tough job being a Christian. Controversial issues pop up, and we sometimes don't want to hurt others with the truth. You can express the truth with kindness and compassion. That is how we should be, but being afraid to stand up for what's right is just as bad as passing wrong judgement.

If a Christian does judge someone they should do it because they love that person. Not to be hurtful or mean. I don't want to see anyone lost in sin. If I know they are sinning and they come to me and ask me about it then you better beleive the bible is coming out.

I stated earlier "I don't care what goes on in others bedrooms"...well.. that is ME talking. Not God. I may not "care", but the Lord does. So me telling someone what I think is not at all what the Lord says. When it comes to a persons salvation YOUR opinion doesnt matter. What mattes is biblical fact.

N

Nuns_n_roses

Is salvation a lottery? There is no fruit coming from salvation touching what one believes and teaches and how one lives his life? What do you make out of 1Cor.6:9-10? Paul "judged and condemned" people?
He did so to warn not to harm or put down. I'm sure you do the same, and I would tell others what the bible says to unbelievers but you guys already know what it says so I see no point in that but honestly we are derailing the thread.

No one said you did. but you should tell others what God says about issues, and not what you believe.
What man believes, and what God says can be totally different things

It is sometimes a tough job being a Christian. Controversial issues pop up, and we sometimes don't want to hurt others with the truth. You can express the truth with kindness and compassion. That is how we should be, but being afraid to stand up for what's right is just as bad as passing wrong judgement.

If a Christian does judge someone they should do it because they love that person. Not to be hurtful or mean. I don't want to see anyone lost in sin. If I know they are sinning and they come to me and ask me about it then you better beleive the bible is coming out.

I stated earlier "I don't care what goes on in others bedrooms"...well.. that is ME talking. Not God. I may not "care", but the Lord does. So me telling someone what I think is not at all what the Lord says. When it comes to a persons salvation YOUR opinion doesnt matter. What mattes is biblical fact.
You're absolutely right.

I have LGBTQ friends and I DO tell them about the bible. I tell them what it says and how to be a good Christian. Again, I was hoping I could give others on here a new perspective.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
You quote James 2:10 to show that all sin is on the same level! Well I would like to propose something different...Saying all sin is equal is like saying all wrong is equally wrong! Like stealing a piece of bread to avoid starvation is equally bad to stealing somebodies child... Like punching someone in the face in an argument is equally wrong to shooting somebody in cold blood because they offended you! What James 2:10 is getting at, is not that all sin is equal (because it is not Matthew 12:31-32) but rather any sin-small or great means we fall short of the glory of God... and also, by Moses law, different sins had different punishment! Note also that homosexuality is destable to God... Leviticus 20:13 !

Jesus died on the cross and that is why we have hope to be in relationship with God. All sin is not equal!I am not having a crack at you "Megaman"...Just discussing the topic

I know that God has given these people over to their perverse minds... Romans 1:24...what intrigues me is why they want to get married in a church? How can a pastor marry gay couples? It is against Christianity (Leviticus 20.13)!!! If they want to get married, let them do it in a park! However, they want to symbolize God joining them! They want to be accepted by society! I feel the church should welcome in anybody that is hurt or need so that we can guide them to live for God... If you have sinned and need a family the church should be there...But back in South Africa, A young girl got pregnant and the church kicked her out!!! I mean, WOW, doesn't she now need the church's help more than ever?? It is important that Jesus remains the center of our focus! Jesus didn't come to change the law! he came to fulfill it! If it was abhorred by God then, it will still be so today! Note: God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of this!!! When the 3 angels came to Lot's house, the men from the city wanted to rape them! They didn't accept Lot's offer of his daughters, they insisted on having the men... And God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah!! Please note, this is a very very serious sin!!

There is hope!! (Matthew 12:31) This sin can be forgiven!! Jesus loves us all! We need to preach the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Commander to the world and let the Holy Spirit Guide us!! Amen
Please take note : why did God destroy them? was it so much as what they were doing or was it they were not loving they took what they wanted, they had no consideration for thier neighbor, they went against anothers free choice. Yes it is naturally not natural, for a man has a flashlight and a woman has a cave and when the two meet up they become one in having a child, and yes today we all have been left with a reprobate mindset.
Also under todays new Covenant all are forgiven and none of us are over two thousand years old are we? And we all have sinned and fallen shortof the glory of God. God's purpose through his Son is and was to restore mankind via all sins forgiven, but after that it is up to us to decide what is beneficial for us each person gets the priviledge to decide for allthings today are permissable, but not all things are beneficial. So each person gets to decide and not harm thier neighbor not steal, ask and you shall recieve maybe no9t right away but stand in Faith and you shall recieve exactly what you need from the almighty and we need salvation all of us and we need love for one another and we only get true love from salvation and we do not get salvation from the forgiveness of sins,
[SUP]10 [/SUP]For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! [SUP]11 [/SUP]Not only is this so, but we also boast in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.
Mostof us after we believe are trying to get right with God and asking for further forgiveness when that is already been done we all are reconciled to God (forgiven) by the deat hof his Son. We are saved by the life of Christ after asking God to please raise us to new life after finalizing the death were we are forgiven period even if we sin again or not we are forgiven God is waiting ofr us to ask fro new life after we finally agree that we are past tense forgiven. Then when this happens I know each person will change according to God not me or you, or you or you. If God has recieved this person or person's it is God that gives the increase not you or you or you. We are called to LOVE all people the same as God already has shown this by his Son
God just love you all, Sorry to anyone that is Homosexual, a transvesdite, a lesbian, I love you the person even though I don't agree with this life style, and neither do Iagree with llieing, or cheating or lusting, but I am Guilty thereofre I as Jesus do not accuse you either as Jesus said to the woman caught in adultery, he did say to her though go and sin no more, which I am sure this ahds an effect on her and when I put me in her shoes it has an effect on me, what tremendous LOVE!!! So please all here go to God and find the new life and then you decide for your self between God and you what is Good or not
Love you all

C

crosspreacher

yes sir. Homosexual is abomination unto the Lord

D

drjshow

As I mentioned in another thread. My wife and I are friends with some homosexuals. We have had long discussions about the topic. They are never angry with me, because they know that as their friend, I love them and care about them. When I tell them that I believe homosexuality is a sin and that they are risking their immortal soul...they understand my position, even if they disagree. We have pretty spirited discussions about that. They do get upset when someone is vicious and vindictive towards them as anyone would.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
As I mentioned in another thread. My wife and I are friends with some homosexuals. We have had long discussions about the topic. They are never angry with me, because they know that as their friend, I love them and care about them. When I tell them that I believe homosexuality is a sin and that they are risking their immortal soul...they understand my position, even if they disagree. We have pretty spirited discussions about that. They do get upset when someone is vicious and vindictive towards them as anyone would.
I know where you're coming from. I have friends and relatives who are gay. They know my views. They also know I don't say things to hurt them, and I love them. They also know if they needed help and guidance then I'm there. I can't make anyone stop sinning, but I will be there to help them along the way to the truth if they ask.
They are human. They have feelings, and usually they appreciate honesty with respect than honesty with anger.