How do you beat the human disguise when finding a life partner?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

pete13

How can I tell if my fiancee is a seed of God? I believe that not every person is a seed of God so I have tried to get a girl from Christian avenues like churches. I planned to test potential fiancees on their knowledge of the bible as well as their church activities in order to know if they are seeds of God or not. But on getting to the churches I discovered that all the girls there are probably not seeds of God and to make matters worse they seem to have a good knowledge of the bible and they even pray and sing in the choir but you can suspect that they are not seeds of God. All of the girls I have met so far in churches are probably not seeds of God. What can I do to know for sure that my fiancee is a seed of God since my plan to test knowledge of the bible and church activities appear to be ineffective? I will really appreciate your answers.

Feb 7, 2015
Wow! I pity the girl who gets involved with you.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Have you thought to ask God to lead you to your life partner? He does a good job in match making.

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
God has seeds that land in different types of soil (at least three, according to scripture). Not all grow to bear much fruit.

I would look for what kind of fruit she produces, rather than the seeds. Then I would focus on becoming the kind of man that would make a good partner for such a woman.

Sep 6, 2013
By their fruit we shall know them. Lots of people have extensive knowledge of the Bible, and yet do not follow Christ. Many people (especially where I live) are involved in church, or follow all the "rules", and yet have not given their lives over to the Lord.

But in getting to know a woman, surely you will have conversations that will help you to discern their spiritual state. You need to get to the heart of the woman. NOT through a "test" - just conversations about the Lord, prayer together, etc. There's no formula to follow in doing this. Just get to know her heart - how she thinks and feels about God and Christ and her own need for salvation, and how she loves other people. By the time you've gotten to know her well enough to propose to her, you should have a good idea of whether or not she is a true believer.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Analyzing: OP

Return1:> The OP is really fixated on "seed of God" to the point where he will never find what he is looking for, or if he does find her he will analyze her to death looking for a flaw.

Return2:> The OP is a troll.

Probability Return1/Return2 50/50.

Feb 7, 2015
Wow! I pity the girl who gets involved with you.
Brace yourself! I actually agree with you! LOL
Can you imagine what the rest of that poor gal's life would probably be like, married to an insecure control-freak like that?

I used to work with a little fellow who tried to pretend he was 6' tall by lording it over his wife. He would actually leave her lists of the things she had to accomplish around the house each day. He even insisted that she dry the dish drain, and put it away each time she washed dishes (by hand).

She finally divorced his pitiful butt.

Jun 23, 2015
Can you imagine what the rest of that poor gal's life would probably be like, married to an insecure control-freak like that?

I used to work with a little fellow who tried to pretend he was 6' tall by lording it over his wife. He would actually leave her lists of the things she had to accomplish around the house each day. He even insisted that she dry the dish drain, and put it away each time she washed dishes (by hand).

She finally divorced his pitiful butt.
Yes, I can imagine because I was in those shoes!
I was married to a man who had a religious spirit. I was just a babe in my faith and I didnt recognize it before it was too late. I divorced him one year later. He was verbally and physically abusive. At least I had the sense to run like the wind and not stick around..

S

ServantStrike

Seed of God?

What have I just read?

OP - you might start by focusing on your own heart first. You sound like you're not ready for a relationship, let alone an engagement or a marriage.

Men are commanded to love their wives the way Christ loved the church, and He died for the church. So really, you're going to need to learn that the whole marriage process isn't about you. You've actually got to put someone else first, and they put you first, and you both meet somewhere in the middle.

You aren't talking like that... at all... you're talking like someone who's only interested in taking.

chanchuinchoy

Nov 26, 2015
Sungei Buloh, Selangor, Malaysia
spend more time with her, you will know. This is called 'dating'. We normally date a person until we are sure before marriage proposals. But I think it is different in Euroupe countries? Today, i love you, tomorrow i hate you?

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
Seed of God?

What have I just read?

OP - you might start by focusing on your own heart first. You sound like you're not ready for a relationship, let alone an engagement or a marriage.

Men are commanded to love their wives the way Christ loved the church, and He died for the church. So really, you're going to need to learn that the whole marriage process isn't about you. You've actually got to put someone else first, and they put you first, and you both meet somewhere in the middle.

You aren't talking like that... at all... you're talking like someone who's only interested in taking.
Look who is back!! :D
*tackle hugs*

How have you been, bro? How are things? :)

U

Ugly

How can I tell if my fiancee is a seed of God? I believe that not every person is a seed of God so I have tried to get a girl from Christian avenues like churches. I planned to test potential fiancees on their knowledge of the bible as well as their church activities in order to know if they are seeds of God or not. But on getting to the churches I discovered that all the girls there are probably not seeds of God and to make matters worse they seem to have a good knowledge of the bible and they even pray and sing in the choir but you can suspect that they are not seeds of God. All of the girls I have met so far in churches are probably not seeds of God. What can I do to know for sure that my fiancee is a seed of God since my plan to test knowledge of the bible and church activities appear to be ineffective? I will really appreciate your answers.
Perhaps a good place to start is to start viewing them as people with feelings and emotions and struggles and issues, rather than people that have to live up to your unbiblical standards of what must qualify.
Seriously. There is a complete and utter lack of emotion or desire and only this rigid, religious sounding babble that you think means anything, when in fact it means nothing and makes you look bad.
Want to know who's in church every week and knows the bible backwards and forwards? Satan. He would qualify your little test. Do you know why? Because your 'test' has nothing at all to do with God. Fruits of the Spirit are not 'shall go unto church regularly' and 'has lots of bible knowledge'. You expect that these women have so much knowledge of the bible, all the while you yourself seem to be lacking in that area, given your comments and expectations.
I'd suggest stop treating people like products that have to meet rigorous spiritual health and safety standards and instead see them as people. Flawed people. People whose faith can't be measured by your own Faulty Human standards. Because it sounds to me as if you can't even pass your own test.
You asked for advice, there it is. Hopefully it will take root.

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
You asked for advice, there it is. Hopefully it will take root.
Your advice doesn't count, Ugly, because clearly, you are not of God's seed. XD

K

kaylagrl

​ Define "seed of God" and we'll take it from there.

JonahLynx

Dec 28, 2014
What can I do to know for sure that my fiancee is a seed of God since my plan to test knowledge of the bible and church activities appear to be ineffective? I will really appreciate your answers.
1 - Loves God
2 - Loves others
3 - ???
4 - Profit

P

pete13

​ Define "seed of God" and we'll take it from there.
Matthew 13:24-30 (Parable of the weeds). The seeds of God are the wheat; the seeds of the devil are the weeds.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

What sort of church activities? What happens if her knowledge of the bible exceeds your own? My advice is to forget all of this stuff as it is not going to work. If you want a life partner just pray to God and then accept who He finds.